Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6  All

Author Topic: New Bike Arrived  (Read 14897 times)

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
Re: New Bike Arrived
« Reply #60 on: July 26, 2007, 08:25:29 AM »

I betz ya mr mago never hears the true story about his oil loss issue. Especially if they give him a new motor. My theory is, If they keep swapen out new motors to fix issues the service wrenches will never be able to 'leak' out what the issues are. You listen to most salesman at the dealerships and most will say, there is nothing out of the ordianay going on with the 07 and 08's, and claim eveyone on the internet is making up stories, you listen to the wrenches, and they will pretty much agree with you that somthing is wrong here. 
If you have a problem bike and it's been back and forth to the dealership, keep a log of this, mark dates and problems. When it comes time they tell you they are installing a new motor and you dont want to deal with it,, demand a refund under the Lemon Law clause. Take your case to a Harley service rep, not the dealership. You may be surprised the MoCO will give in, and it makes me wonder if they (MoCo) prefers to keep these issue as quite as possible. I get the impression they dont want a public uproar that could leak out through the meadia regarding all these motor problems. It just seem they will do anything they can to keep it that way. This is the vibes i picked up from a recent issue i had with my 07 CVO. Any of you picking up any of the same vibes with your deralerships, and /or have you hear of anyone?
evil,

I think it goes without saying that the MoCo wants to minimize bad press, as would any company.  As for the MoCo replacing engines rather than let the dealers tear them down, this is not unusual either.  Auto manufacturers do the same thing with new models or components, to get immediate feedback on problems without having the "waters muddied" by dealership techs.  Once the factory gets enough data from their own teardown analysis, they normally revert to regular repair policies.  Of course, after an entire model year with the 110 engines you would think they should have it all figured out.  Perhaps they are slow learners???

BTW - in the current American Iron mag Donnie Peterson mentions the crank runout problem on the '07's.  Obviously H-D hasn't been able to cover everything up.

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

evilroadking

« Reply #61 on: July 26, 2007, 10:58:45 AM »

Jerry, You would think by now, after 100's of new motor replacments they would have figured this out by now. They know what the problems is and so do we. HEAT. Heat causes all kinds of problems, it melts stuff it warbs stuff it cause high strenght steel to loose it's strength, it cause oil to boil and in return weakens gaskets, it caused premature bairing failures and this list goes on and on.

Can Harely fix this problem? yes and no.

If they can assaninate the EPA, problem is fixed, but we all know that aint gonna happen so they only have one recoruse, and they are working on this one. NEW MOTOR, Water cooled and definitely over head cam. The life of the Twin Cam is probaby within months, (maybe next years models the 09's) of being killed. As you know, next year is another year Harley has to rachet up to the next level of EPA compliance. Do you think they are going to lean up the motor even more than today?? NOT!!! They cant. They are getting every last drop of blood they can out of the current VTwin and trying to stay competive at the same time. Bottom line, you and i, who buy these modles are the lemon suckers, and it's pretty damn sour lately.

I like the idea somone sugested on the board of starting a seprate subject to let eveyone post there issues with there bikes. I will start one if somone does not beat me to it. A seperat fourm whree everone post their issues on 07 and 08 could be a good leagle tool for us down the road. I will even volunteer to produce a qtr report breaking down everyones issues and post on same board. Great Idea to the guy that suggested it..

bisounours

• 5k CVO Member
  • First miles the 6th February 2008

« Reply #62 on: July 26, 2007, 12:16:33 PM »

evil,

BTW - in the current American Iron mag Donnie Peterson mentions the crank runout problem on the '07's.  Obviously H-D hasn't been able to cover everything up.

Jerry

Jerry, do you have a copy or scan of this page ?

Thanks
Jacques
********2007 FLHTCUSE2 Red/Black**********
  SE RYO A/C and KN filter, V&H dressers duals and
          oval, TM/AT map#364, SE 251 cams.
     2008 FLHTCUSE3, White Frost and Silver Mist
              (Casper) -> 6th February 2008
             SE 251 cams/Torrington bearings,
      SE pushrods, SE High compression pistons,
             A/C Big sucker, V&H dresser duals ,
             Fullsac baffles, SE Pro Super Tuner.
2011 FLHXSE2, Stage1

ggraves427

• Senior CVO Member
  • It's a clean machine.
« Reply #63 on: July 26, 2007, 12:22:38 PM »

Would a SEUC with a V-rod engine be faster, slower or about the same?
2004 B&B, SEEG, Power Commander, S&S dual runner to single bore Tuned Air Induction System , D&D Performance 2 into 1 with fake left side, spoiler lights, LED lights, air horns, front fender spear, chopped tour box, in dash oil temp. guage

RedDevil

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #747.2 It's all good

• CVO1: '11 FLTRUSE Gray Ghost
    • CVO2: '12 FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock
« Reply #64 on: July 26, 2007, 12:34:06 PM »

Would a SEUC with a V-rod engine be faster, slower or about the same?
Yes it would. 8)

2012 FLHXSE3
Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock

hdbrad03

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2009 FLTRSE3 Yellow Pearl/Charcoal Slate
    • CVO2: FLHTCSE-Pumpkin
    • CVO3: FLTRI 06
« Reply #65 on: July 26, 2007, 12:34:26 PM »

One issue Air Cooled or Water Cooled they both are hot! EPA emmision constaints are the same, lean for both. It's just easier to control a water cooled engine from an engine management standpoint.
I was there.  Were you?

East Coast
New River Gorge (10, 15)
Rib Fest (10, 11, 14, 15)
Wild WV (16)
Maggie Valley (08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17)

West Coast
Sedona, AZ (08)
Pala (10)
Santa Fe, NM (13)

evilroadking

« Reply #66 on: July 26, 2007, 12:38:29 PM »

I've read a few blogs that Harley is testing a new motor that closely resembles the current twin cam, but water cooled and overhead cam. If this is true, then it will probably be a copycat of the Yamaha or the Victory Motor.. Isn't that funny, Harley copying someone else for a change?. Could be a good thing, called dependability.  I doubt they would use the V-Rod motor in the big V-Twin models. Not enough low end torque and definitely would require more cubic inches. I think the MoCO was expecting more out of the VRod motor then Porsched engineered.

Chief

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #4-3/8
« Reply #67 on: July 26, 2007, 01:45:26 PM »

I've read a few blogs that Harley is testing a new motor that closely resembles the current twin cam, but water cooled and overhead cam. If this is true, then it will probably be a copycat of the Yamaha or the Victory Motor.. Isn't that funny, Harley copying someone else for a change?. Could be a good thing, called dependability.  I doubt they would use the V-Rod motor in the big V-Twin models. Not enough low end torque and definitely would require more cubic inches. I think the MoCO was expecting more out of the VRod motor then Porsched engineered.

ERK,

Do you mind sharing links with us?

Freja

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #68 on: July 26, 2007, 02:31:16 PM »

Nice looking bike.....

evilroadking

« Reply #69 on: July 26, 2007, 02:42:32 PM »

Chief,

There was one good 'giveaway' PDF posted on TC88 which was copied out of one of the EPA sites several weeks ago. As i recall the info in regards to the description of the motor, it was a Twin DOHC 1,800 CC water cooled motor.  Sure didn't sound like a V-Rod motor. The post actually took me to the EPA pdf post site and it identifed the MoCo prvoding the information. Not sure what the document was, but it lead me to believe it was some sort of application to the EPA to certify a new motor. I will try to find that and post and send it your way.  I've also heard reference to this at several other blog sites. I'll dig em up and send them your way.

In the mean time, did you consider my suggestion regarding creating the additional topic is emailed to you this morning?

Chief

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #4-3/8
« Reply #70 on: July 26, 2007, 02:46:03 PM »

Chief,

There was one good 'giveaway' PDF posted on TC88 which was copied out of one of the EPA sites several weeks ago. As i recall the info in regards to the description of the motor, it was a Twin DOHC 1,800 CC water cooled motor.  Sure didn't sound like a V-Rod motor. The post actually took me to the EPA pdf post site and it identifed the MoCo prvoding the information. Not sure what the document was, but it lead me to believe it was some sort of application to the EPA to certify a new motor. I will try to find that and post and send it your way.  I've also heard reference to this at several other blog sites. I'll dig em up and send them your way.

In the mean time, did you consider my suggestion regarding creating the additional topic is emailed to you this morning?

Thanks. That would make for some interesting reading. As far as a new topic, I haven't received any email tha tI know of. Did you send it through this site?

RedDevil

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #747.2 It's all good

• CVO1: '11 FLTRUSE Gray Ghost
    • CVO2: '12 FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock
« Reply #71 on: July 26, 2007, 02:53:12 PM »

Not sure it would be modeled after a Victory motor as that's an air/oil cooled motor.  I heard from one of the local dealers, and not sure if it was reliable info, but he stated that he heard rumblings coming out of the MoCo that they were testing an 1800cc version of the V-Rod motor in an FLH-type frame as a full bagger.  That would be probably up about 125-135 hp range I would think.
Cheers :2vrolijk_21:,
  :devil:

2012 FLHXSE3
Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
« Reply #72 on: July 26, 2007, 02:55:54 PM »

Not sure it would be modeled after a Victory motor as that's an air/oil cooled motor.  I heard from one of the local dealers, and not sure if it was reliable info, but he stated that he heard rumblings coming out of the MoCo that they were testing an 1800cc version of the V-Rod motor in an FLH-type frame as a full bagger.  That would be probably up about 125-135 hp range I would think.
Cheers :2vrolijk_21:,
  :devil:

Heard similar and also a 2000 cc version of the V-Rod motor.  2010 was mentioned also as intro date.
"I had the right to remain silent, but I didn't have the ability." ~ RW

Midnight Rider

• AKA: TCnBham
  • 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2011 SERGU Rio Red (sold)
« Reply #73 on: July 26, 2007, 03:25:03 PM »

I know some guys over on the Vrod forum who have just done 1350 BB kits, stroker cranks, 58mm TB, new Velocity Stacks, and are getting numbers in the 150HP range and the mid 90's for TQ.  If they do this in a Revo motor, I think they will up the displacement to at least the 1800 range, stroke the motor, lower the top end RPM to about 8K, get the TQ up in the 90 to 100 range, and the HP is going to be well over 130 at the wheel.  Something like this would be the only thing that would make me ever consider selling my 06 SEUC.  By 2012, they'll have most of the bugs worked out and be coming out with CVO versions.... :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21:
Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight.
I had the right to remain silent, just not the ability...

Gone, but not forgotten...2011 FLTRUSE with
Fullsac X Pipe w/2" Baffles
Legend Air Ride Rear Shocks
Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 Front Suspension
Clearview GT13 Windshield
TTS Mastertune

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #74 on: July 26, 2007, 10:43:15 PM »

Jerry, do you have a copy or scan of this page ?

Thanks
Jacques
Jacques,

One scan coming up:

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6  All

Page created in 0.215 seconds with 24 queries.