Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Stupid Question Time  (Read 2798 times)

LRebel

• 2.5K CVO Member
Re: Stupid Question Time
« Reply #15 on: August 13, 2007, 10:39:07 PM »

As I was moving my tour pack (2006 FLHTCUSE) to install the tour pack relocation kit I noticed the light in the tour pack. Can someone tell me how to turn it on? I can't tell if it is out or not (I bought the bike with 5000 miles on it about a month ago and the radio didn't work....the dealer found that someone had put the wrong fuse in for the radio so I'm thinking maybe there is a fuse out).

From the "wealth" of data contained in the owners manual, the shop book for the bike and the SE supplement, the only thing I can determine is that it comes as a single LED unit and has to be replaced (no bulbs).

My life is complete otherwise......in other words, I've been riding a lot and really love the bike. It's just that I am curious as to how this works.

If your tour pak light is like mine, I carry a small flash light to find how to turn the light on in the dark :D ;D :D ;D :o

The light in the tour pak of my 02 Ultra had a mercury switch (open and the light comes on - close and the light goes off).  And, it gave off a LOT more light!  Hmmm... I wonder if I could switch to that type of light. :nixweiss:

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
Re: Stupid Question Time
« Reply #16 on: August 13, 2007, 11:06:31 PM »

If your tour pak light is like mine, I carry a small flash light to find how to turn the light on in the dark :D ;D :D ;D :o

The light in the tour pak of my 02 Ultra had a mercury switch (open and the light comes on - close and the light goes off).  And, it gave off a LOT more light!  Hmmm... I wonder if I could switch to that type of light. :nixweiss:
LRebel,

The same T-P light came on the '05 SEEG, and many of us had dead batteries thanks to the defective switches in those lights.  That's why H-D changed to the LED version in mid '05 and later production and offered the LED version "upgrade" as a warranty repair.  The original light was brighter and handier since it came on automatically.  I would have preferred the MoCo just fix the cheap switch issue (it wasn't a true mercury switch, no one uses those anymore due to issues with mercury disposal).  The switch basically had what looked like a small BB rolling back and forth in a tube, and it had a bad tendency to stick.  You can still find a few of these in some dealerships even though H-D discontinued them, if you really want to try your luck.

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.124 seconds with 20 queries.