Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All

Author Topic: Can we have a permanent category for 110 issues?  (Read 3694 times)

Chief

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #4-3/8
Re: Can we have a permanent category for 110 issues?
« Reply #15 on: July 30, 2007, 11:07:35 AM »

WHAT HAPPEND TO CHIEF??? DID HE TAKE A LONG EXTENDED VACATION WITHOUT TELLING US? YOUR NOT ANSWERING EMAILS OR POST SUGGESTIONS.

WHATS UP CHIEF???

I'm here, but was on vac. I'll let the mods decide this one. I don't know if a category, or a sticky in the TwinCam section would be better.

evilroadking

« Reply #16 on: August 01, 2007, 01:58:04 AM »

I presented the suggestion to the board moderators asking if we could add a sub topic under the CVO header related strictly to the Twin Cam 110 inch motor issues many of us board members are experiencing. I also suggested a sub title such as 'Twin Cam 110 Inch Warranty Repair Log' and explained having a single topic would allow board members to discus their issues with the 110 inch motor in one consolidated topic rather then the current multiple topics of which many are now duplicated throughout the board. I also volentered to generate a summarized report of everyones issues and response on a quarterly basis.

After a few days i received a response back from Nailtram, one of the seven board administrators, saying "there are already many places for this information and having one more will not make it any easier to find and having another is not beneficial to the site". Nailtram also stated all seven board administrators reviewed the request and all seven board administrators are in agreement and thats that. 

I guess Nailtram missed my point. Common sense seems to suggest having one specific title under the CVO header definitely will make it much more simple to discus and follow the 110 inch issues rather then review the multiple repeats we see in several different forums. Not sure what his reasoning is, maybe he is trying to protect Harley or something, I'm not sure, but I do believe having one specific sub title under CVO would present quite a bit of attention specific to the 110 inch issues and could provide evidence or attention to the Mo Co related to these problems we as consumers are dealing with. In fact the attention generated could  force the Mo Co to deal with these problem publicly rather then one on one.  By keeping everyones experience organized in one common area, rather then spread out as it currently is, could result in formation of a class action suit against the Mo Co..But we would want that now would we???? 

If the board administrators hear enough of us suggesting this we may see it. If they ignore somthing so simple, i then would wonder 'why'

naitram

• SMF Administrator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • MA

• CVO1: FLTRXSE2 "Marvin"
« Reply #17 on: August 01, 2007, 04:19:49 AM »

you've been a member here for less then 3 months. and come to me as the self appointed spokes-person for all members. accused the people that donate their time to keep the site running of having no common sense.....

you are already in a board dedicated to twin-cam motors. yet for all of your whining/complaining/insulting you have yet to listen to anything we have told you......

There is no need for an additional Twin-Cam Board

Start a thread in the current Twin-Cam Board called "Twin Cam 110 Inch Warranty Repair Log"

theres some common sense lacking here...............
:cool26: naitram...

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
"Work is the curse of the drinking class."

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #18 on: August 01, 2007, 11:31:38 AM »

I presented the suggestion to the board moderators asking if we could add a sub topic under the CVO header related strictly to the Twin Cam 110 inch motor issues many of us board members are experiencing. I also suggested a sub title such as 'Twin Cam 110 Inch Warranty Repair Log' and explained having a single topic would allow board members to discus their issues with the 110 inch motor in one consolidated topic rather then the current multiple topics of which many are now duplicated throughout the board. I also volentered to generate a summarized report of everyones issues and response on a quarterly basis.

After a few days i received a response back from Nailtram, one of the seven board administrators, saying "there are already many places for this information and having one more will not make it any easier to find and having another is not beneficial to the site". Nailtram also stated all seven board administrators reviewed the request and all seven board administrators are in agreement and thats that. 

I guess Nailtram missed my point. Common sense seems to suggest having one specific title under the CVO header definitely will make it much more simple to discus and follow the 110 inch issues rather then review the multiple repeats we see in several different forums. Not sure what his reasoning is, maybe he is trying to protect Harley or something, I'm not sure, but I do believe having one specific sub title under CVO would present quite a bit of attention specific to the 110 inch issues and could provide evidence or attention to the Mo Co related to these problems we as consumers are dealing with. In fact the attention generated could  force the Mo Co to deal with these problem publicly rather then one on one.  By keeping everyones experience organized in one common area, rather then spread out as it currently is, could result in formation of a class action suit against the Mo Co..But we would want that now would we???? 

If the board administrators hear enough of us suggesting this we may see it. If they ignore somthing so simple, i then would wonder 'why'

Talk about biteing the hand that feeds you.  Please..........let me offer a little education.

As for protecting Harley.................I think Naitram is working from the pespective of what's best for the site overall.  If we start creating a sub title for every issue that comes along......it'll all be sub titles and not threads.  We've had paint isssues, peeling chrome issues, etc. etc.  It's been explained by Naitram and several moderators on this site.........if those with the issues want it to be in one thread then they wouldn't start new threads.

You're on a web site forum that is privately owned and operated......no dues, no fees and no advertising.  Yes, Naitram started this site and has kept it free for all of us to enjoy however, know that it's still his site and we are merely guests here.  If something isn't going your way here, if it's not being run as you think it should, I'd suggest a little more diplomatic approach than trying to overthrow the owner of this forum.  Just common sense.

Spend a little time here (months and years, not weeks)........get to know the people.........get to know the site.........and try to contribute positively. :2vrolijk_21:
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

skreminegul07

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
    • MA

• CVO1: 2017 Indian Chieftain Limited
« Reply #19 on: August 01, 2007, 12:19:31 PM »

Naitram,
Sorry that my topic lead to this.  I just thought it would make things easier.  Again, sorry and thanks for the work you do with this site.
Any day on the bike is a good day.

evilroadking

« Reply #20 on: August 02, 2007, 10:27:03 AM »

There you go everyone,, you heard Nailtrams words per badem...... Gee, i wonder if i would have gotten any better credit if i were a board member for 3 years rather then 3 months...

NA,,, that's not descrmination, i ruled that out...Propably more to do so with comon sense then anything else!

RedDevil

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #747.2 It's all good

• CVO1: '11 FLTRUSE Gray Ghost
    • CVO2: '12 FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock
« Reply #21 on: August 02, 2007, 11:15:51 AM »

Evil, My advise, and you can take it or leave it, is to let it lie.  Neal does this board pro bono for us, none of us has to pay a dime to be here, and there's no adds.  He's given up a lot of his spare time, along with the moderators, to manage this board.  I for one am extremely thankful that he and the moderators have been willing to maintain this.  My advice to you is, if Neal says that there's no need for another topic, there's no need.  Neal's not God and he'll be the first to admit it, but beings none of are monetarily involved in keeping this forum up, Neal's not beholding to any of us and is entitled to do what he feels is best and right for the forum.  If you want to stay a member of this forum, you're more than welcome.  If you think you can do better, then start your own forum, then you can make all the rules.  Just chill bro and be thankful that someone, Neal, is willing to take on the burden of maintaining this forum for our enjoyment.  And I'm not sure what per badem means, did you perhaps mean verbatum? 
Cheers :2vrolijk_21:,
  :devil:

2012 FLHXSE3
Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock

Midnight Rider

• AKA: TCnBham
  • 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2011 SERGU Rio Red (sold)
« Reply #22 on: August 02, 2007, 11:26:45 AM »

As a compromise, perhaps a sticky could be created in the Twin Cam section, sort of like for the paint problems people had on the 06's.  Call it "110 Engine Problems"

Just a thought... :nixweiss:
Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight.
I had the right to remain silent, just not the ability...

Gone, but not forgotten...2011 FLTRUSE with
Fullsac X Pipe w/2" Baffles
Legend Air Ride Rear Shocks
Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 Front Suspension
Clearview GT13 Windshield
TTS Mastertune

FLYNDYNA

• Dyna Screaming Eagle
  • 1K CVO Member
  • My Little Pepe` the CVO Donkey

• CVO1: '07 FXDSE V&H Big Shot Staggered SERT K&N A/C Custom Seat
    • CVO2: '09 Road Glide-waiting for lottery
« Reply #23 on: August 02, 2007, 12:43:52 PM »

I for one would like to thank the board for creating this site and maintaining it with such professionalism. No bias here, just honest opinions and experiences from the "beta testers" of the Harley CVO world. I have not been a member here for long, but all the information I have gotten, advise, etc. has been awesome! Neal, if you're ever in the NOVA area, drop me a line at alternguitarjam@yahoo.com and the beer is on me! The site is easy to navigate, and the categories are well addressed. Thanks for doing a great job to all the moderators!

Regards,
Mitch
FLYNDYNA
I am so non conformist I have conformed to non conformity
I was going to procrastinate, but I put it off

naitram

• SMF Administrator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • MA

« Reply #24 on: August 02, 2007, 12:46:58 PM »

I for one would like to thank the board for creating this site and maintaining it with such professionalism. No bias here, just honest opinions and experiences from the "beta testers" of the Harley CVO world. I have not been a member here for long, but all the information I have gotten, advise, etc. has been awesome! Neal, if you're ever in the NOVA area, drop me a line at alternguitarjam@yahoo.com and the beer is on me! The site is easy to navigate, and the categories are well addressed. Thanks for doing a great job to all the moderators!

Regards,
Mitch
FLYNDYNA

thanks for the kind word. we're having a little ride/party up here in early oct. check the event section not to far to ride for you. some others may be coming through your area on the way up

evilroadking

« Reply #25 on: August 02, 2007, 01:35:52 PM »

OK, OK, OK... It's Nailtrams site. I initially thought it was composed of 7 different people, and even one of Nailtrams emails i received suggested that. There are no bylaws posted, no rules no nothing, not even a statement of ownership. So, OK, it's his site, he can do what he wants. However, I won't back down from my common sense statement, because I really do believe in this situation common sense prevails, It just takes someone with good judgment, care and understating of their viewers to understand.

As for me,, the board is exciting and informative, but under it's current 'my way or no way leadership" I'm going to take my knowledge and input and suggestions to another site.

To the members that sent me your personal emails backing me on presenting this suggestion, all i can say is, I tried and obviously can see the response.

Take Care and see Ya all.

Evilroadking

naitram

• SMF Administrator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • MA

« Reply #26 on: August 02, 2007, 01:49:52 PM »

dont know why i bother, since you dont listen. but if you are going to quote me get it right. i never said anything about who owns the site i said there are 7 people who as a group discuss such things and colectivley make a decision. yet you still piss and moan about it. still havent seen anyone create a new thread on the issue......

thers an entier seciton of FAQs and how tos on the site if you bothered to stop bitchin long enough to look

http://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?board=16.0

guess it doesnt matter now since your leaving. have fun at the next site you take your knowleged and suggestions to

RedDevil

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #747.2 It's all good

• CVO1: '11 FLTRUSE Gray Ghost
    • CVO2: '12 FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock
« Reply #27 on: August 02, 2007, 01:55:16 PM »

Neal,
It's not worth the effort.  Some people just refuse to get it.  Keep up the great work.  If it wasn't for this site, I'd be at the mercy of the MoCo and their string of dealerships.  It's nice to be able to talk to the SM at my dealer and ask him things about potential issues that he has to go back to the MoCo for and they sheepishly tell him, that yeah, there's been some issues with the 110's.  You and the "boys" have my vote of support on this site...keep it coming.
Cheers :2vrolijk_21:,
  :devil:
« Last Edit: August 02, 2007, 01:56:48 PM by RedDevil »

2012 FLHXSE3
Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock

LabRat

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2008 SECU Copper Canyon
« Reply #28 on: August 02, 2007, 02:17:33 PM »

:soapbox: Wow, this place is just like other forums....sometimes a lot of chatter over nothing. I'm a newbie here, but evilRK, give it a rest.

In researching my upcoming purchase, the search engine has worked very well to figure out who's having problems with the 110", what they are and who's not. Your suggestion might be effective if, and that's a big IF, everyone uses that one group. But my experience is that they won't and we'll still have threads scattered about. From my limited time here, the moderators have been good about moving threads to the appropriate groups.

What is interesting is that there seem to be more people without problems with the 110" on the HDForums (which BTW is how I learned about this site) and more people happy with the engine than here. Maybe the gang here are more knowledgeable or vocal.

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
  • Go fast or go home! EBCM member # 2.36 .01%
    • CVO2: 2011.5 SEUC
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG
« Reply #29 on: August 02, 2007, 02:34:36 PM »

Maybe the gang here are more knowledgeable or vocal.

"DUH"
No maybe there!

:2vrolijk_21:

2012      SERG  "Nu Blue"
2018      Goldwing   
2003      HD Electra Glide Classic Silver and Black, of course!                
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans
2018      Shelby GT350, 963 crank hp, 825 rear wheel hp
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All

Page created in 0.262 seconds with 24 queries.