Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7  All

Author Topic: Who has a 110in. motor that they are happy with?  (Read 12415 times)

miker

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009FLHTCUSE4
Re: Who has a 110in. motor that they are happy with?
« Reply #60 on: August 11, 2007, 09:39:45 PM »

I went topless today Howie!!!  The bugs are tasty this time of year!

Miker

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #61 on: August 11, 2007, 10:33:27 PM »

I went topless today Howie!!!  The bugs are tasty this time of year!

Miker

That looks awesome that way miker! :2vrolijk_21: Looks great stipped down with the hard bags! Great job man. :2vrolijk_21: Mine will be here soon! ;)

Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #62 on: August 11, 2007, 10:35:20 PM »

"For now"  I like yer mettle mister!  Didja do the Timkin upgrade too?

Miker

No Timkin now. Never pulled the engine or split the cases. Just did the top end over. With the bulletproof top end, let's see how the bottom holds up! ;) Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

miker

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009FLHTCUSE4
« Reply #63 on: August 12, 2007, 02:00:12 PM »

Thanks Howie...I don't know if anybody will be able to see the TQ only as a blurr...Best of Luck & Ride in good health my man..Todays rain washed the bugs outta my beard..

Miker

BartManSr

• FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #64 on: August 14, 2007, 11:25:31 PM »

Overall I love the 110, but hate the heat issue that HD won't talk about.

I have a  SERK3 with a D&D Fat Cat 2 into 1 standard exhaust system with the Auto Tuner.
The Auto Tuner was recheck at Sturgis from Zippers (there service was super). I've added
nothing else to the bike and it has 4,000 miles on it. No problem driving "to and from"
Sturgis this year.

HOWEVER; I couldn't make it through Sturgis street traffic without my "check engine"
light coming on.  Does any buddy know what I can do to cool the engine down.
I live in Tulsa Oklahoma, and it's always hot here in the summer.

Any suggestions other than moving or staying out of traffic?

MUFFMAN

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 07 FLHTUSE2
    • CVO2: 09 FLTRSE3
« Reply #65 on: August 15, 2007, 11:17:33 AM »

I'm very happy with my 07 Ultra CVO Just did 3500km(I'm from Canada eh) down to the Dragon + 7 other states.
No problems whatsoever, It ran flawless. Now it's time for some jump. I have Thunder-Max/ D&D FATCATS with
SE Breather. Its in the shop for new cams/pistons/headwork. I had an 04 bagger pushing 115hp so this one
is more sluggish. I'll post the results.

Ghost Rider

• 1K CVO Member
  • EBCM # WHORE

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE2 Kermit
    • CVO2: 2015 Victory Ness Magnum #31 of 299
    • CVO3: 2013 Can-Am Spyder RTS
« Reply #66 on: August 15, 2007, 11:32:09 AM »

I have a  SERK3 with a D&D Fat Cat 2 into 1 standard exhaust system with the Auto Tuner.
The Auto Tuner was recheck at Sturgis from Zippers (there service was super). I've added
nothing else to the bike and it has 4,000 miles on it. No problem driving "to and from"
Sturgis this year.

HOWEVER; I couldn't make it through Sturgis street traffic without my "check engine"

Changing the exhaust and adding the turner should have helped.  Did you change the air cleaner as well (K&N or Arlen Ness).  I would suggest having someone check into that engine light issue.  I rode all over Sturgis, in all kinds of traffic, 2 up, and the engine got hot and it pinged some, but I never got a check engine light.

I am sure some of the guys here can give you some good suggestions on what might be the source of the problem, but that doesn't seem right to me.

Midnight Rider

• AKA: TCnBham
  • 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2011 SERGU Rio Red (sold)
« Reply #67 on: August 15, 2007, 12:11:26 PM »

Sturgis this year.

I'm not sure where I read this on this forum, but I think the new firmware for the Tmax has a higher temp on the front cylinder before the light will come on.  Perhaps one of the more knowledgable Tmax people here will confirm that.  You would think Zippers would have loaded your system with the latest version of the firmware, but one never knows for sure.

What brand of oil are you running?  If it's Syn3, you might want to change over to Mobil 1 Vtwin or Amsoil which will help in cooling the oil temps 10 or more degrees.
Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight.
I had the right to remain silent, just not the ability...

Gone, but not forgotten...2011 FLTRUSE with
Fullsac X Pipe w/2" Baffles
Legend Air Ride Rear Shocks
Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 Front Suspension
Clearview GT13 Windshield
TTS Mastertune

StreetDog

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2016 FLHXSE RED STREET GLIDE
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHXSE SPICED RUM
    • CVO3: 2007 FLHRSE3 RAZOR RED
« Reply #68 on: August 15, 2007, 12:32:41 PM »

Flow is very restricted in these 110's. And lean. Both create heat. If you are serious about fixing the problem you must fix the flow issues. You should change the Throttle Body to at least 50mm ( even Harley did this on the 08" ), change that EPA air restricting cam, ( anything would be better ) good lift but no duration. Sounds like you have the pipes already D&D Fatcats good choice and a good EFI Tuning system of your choice. Add the K&N Filter and a good person to tune it and your set. No more heat issues. And oh yea, change the brand of oil. :bananarock: RIDE COOL
« Last Edit: August 15, 2007, 12:34:54 PM by KingDog »

StreetDog

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2016 FLHXSE RED STREET GLIDE
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHXSE SPICED RUM
    • CVO3: 2007 FLHRSE3 RAZOR RED
« Reply #69 on: August 15, 2007, 12:39:38 PM »

I'm very happy with my 07 Ultra CVO Just did 3500km(I'm from Canada eh) down to the Dragon + 7 other states.
No problems whatsoever, It ran flawless. Now it's time for some jump. I have Thunder-Max/ D&D FATCATS with
SE Breather. Its in the shop for new cams/pistons/headwork. I had an 04 bagger pushing 115hp so this one
is more sluggish. I'll post the results.
Hey Muffman, interested in knowing what your mods are, pistons, cams how much headwork ect. And the results. Keep us posted.

BartManSr

• FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #70 on: August 15, 2007, 12:50:27 PM »

I think it was HWY 34 that ran into Sturgis with all the vender's on it. Traffic would craw for 4-5 blocks (moving ten feet at a time).
That's where my trouble was!

I'm using Syn oil, and the stock air cleaner now. I thought we already had an
upgraded air filter; I guess not. What brand name Cam would you suggest?
I also thought Syn Oil was the best I could do. Does the 5,000 mile maintenance also includes a tune and should I have HD or one
of the customs shops do it?  Thanks for the tips.

Thanks a million (non cash-able)

MUFFMAN

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 07 FLHTUSE2
    • CVO2: 09 FLTRSE3
« Reply #71 on: August 15, 2007, 01:42:21 PM »

Hey Muffman, interested in knowing what your mods are, pistons, cams how much headwork ect. And the results. Keep us posted.

I'll do that. I'm on Holidays until August 30 & will be picking up the bike Sept 1.

BartManSr

• FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #72 on: August 15, 2007, 01:51:57 PM »

Would changing the fuel mix (making it more richer and less leaner) help cool the engine down?

Unbalanced

• FUD Examiner
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 SESG,
    • CVO2: 2004 SEEG Pumpkin,
    • CVO3: 2002 Police Roadking, Maudie and Maybelle Slayer
« Reply #73 on: August 15, 2007, 02:00:29 PM »

Richer will help to a point.   By making it richer though you may change the way the bike runs especially down low where it might be a bit sluggish if you add to much fuel.  If it is lean there now it may end up making it better though.

Going to have to play with it and see how you come out.   Check the plugs often if you go this route.

White is to lean, tan is good, black is bad.

In most cases those that won't pay for a dyno at the local harley they will add 5 units of fuel in basic mode from 750 rpm to 3000 rpm and will 8 units of fuel from 3500 - 7000 in the race tuner to be sure the guy doesnt blow the bike up running it home with air cleaner and pipes.

HBRR Florida Chapter,  STILL - The Fastest Chapter - Proven yet again Bikeweek 2017

Midnight Rider

• AKA: TCnBham
  • 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2011 SERGU Rio Red (sold)
« Reply #74 on: August 15, 2007, 02:08:58 PM »

I think it was HWY 34 that ran into Sturgis with all the vender's on it. Traffic would craw for 4-5 blocks (moving ten feet at a time).
That's where my trouble was!

I'm using Syn oil, and the stock air cleaner now. I thought we already had an
upgraded air filter; I guess not. What brand name Cam would you suggest?
I also thought Syn Oil was the best I could do. Does the 5,000 mile maintenance also includes a tune and should I have HD or one
of the customs shops do it?  Thanks for the tips.

Thanks a million (non cash-able)

Bart...Syn3 comes stock in all three holes, but it is an inferior product compared to either Mobil 1 Vtwin (20w50) OR Amsoil 20w50.  Either of those products are excellent and can be run in all holes (tranny, primary, and crankcase).  Many dealers refuse to use the oil you provide, but that varies from dealer to dealer. If they will not use your product, you can have an Indy shop do the service or do it yourself.  You do have the high flow backplate and PAPER HD filter.  The filter is a POS and will eventually fall apart on you, so go ahead and change it out to a K&N 0800 or something like the Arlen Ness big sucker.  At least do the K&N...it's washable and will last you a very, very long time.

NO, they do NOT tune your engine at the 5K service, or any other service for that matter.  And, the only way you can get a good tune is to go somewhere with a Tmax tuner, or load one of Zippers maps for the autotune and let it tune itself, if one if available for your setup.  HD will NOT tune the Tmax, or at least I have not heard of a dealer who would.

Cams are a whole different ball game...if you are happy with the bike performs, I would get a good tune on it and see if that cures your problems.

If you are not happy with the performance, then there are a multitude of options to make the top end of the bike "better", but at this point, it is my opinion that it would just confuse things for you.  How your dealer feels about warranty work with the Tmax, whether they would insist on doing the work, blah, blah, blah.  If you don't care about he warranty, then that is also a new ballgame...and, how much money do you want to spend, what kind of riding style do you have, do you ride two up mostly...what are you looking for out of the bike.

Adding more fuel will help cool the engine, but it needs proper tuning, not just adding fuel blindly.
Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight.
I had the right to remain silent, just not the ability...

Gone, but not forgotten...2011 FLTRUSE with
Fullsac X Pipe w/2" Baffles
Legend Air Ride Rear Shocks
Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 Front Suspension
Clearview GT13 Windshield
TTS Mastertune
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7  All

Page created in 0.179 seconds with 21 queries.