Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7  All

Author Topic: Who has a 110in. motor that they are happy with?  (Read 12396 times)

Coyote.

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2007 SE Ultra - Buried in the back yard where it belongs.
    • CVO2: Already learned that lesson
Re: Who has a 110in. motor that they are happy with?
« Reply #75 on: August 15, 2007, 04:41:53 PM »

Got my 07 SE Ultra back in Sept. Had new pistons and jugs put on at 10k miles for oil leaks. Have just over 30k miles on it now and it's leaking again. Will be taking it to another shop in a week or so for new jugs again. I've already had a long sit down with the regional factory cust service rep. If this doesn't fix it, I'll likely look into legal action.

I really think you all that haven't had troubles yet are mostly due to low miles. I wish you the best but keep an eye on your bikes, especially around the top and bottom of the cylinders. >:(

Rhino

« Reply #76 on: August 15, 2007, 07:25:44 PM »

Hello Sr.

One of the first things I changed was my idle speed.  By slowly lowering the RPM idle on the TMAX about 50 rpm at a time when connected 'live'*, I was able to get it to idle around 800RPM.  For the summer heat, and those darned traffic tyeups, I found that this saved me about 15-20 degrees on the oil temp. Likewise it reduces cylinder temps, whcih is what the alarm is keyed on. Slower RPM=Less heat generated.   A new feature in the software revisions is going to be the high temp alarms.  It is set for 325, but can be raised if you like. I chose not to, I fixed the problem, rather than mask it and run hot.

* 1. Idle reduced incrementally when linked and bike running so TMAX learning did not chase the new settings. Throttle blips to insure bike stays running smoothly is all that is neccessary, before reducing idle rpm again.  2. Check Idle temp vs engine speed screen, looking to make sure idle will not increase when running hot temps. Normally it will slow down even further, if not, make 800, or slow RPM of choice the lowest all the way to end of screen on right. 3. When idling low, make sure oil pressure is still good, and check the charge rate to make sure you are not discharging.  In cooler weather, when using heated seat/handgrips, the low idle may not be enough for a charge when in stopped traffic for long periods. Hope this helps.

Rhino

Overall I love the 110, but hate the heat issue that HD won't talk about.

I have a  SERK3 with a D&D Fat Cat 2 into 1 standard exhaust system with the Auto Tuner.
The Auto Tuner was recheck at Sturgis from Zippers (there service was super). I've added
nothing else to the bike and it has 4,000 miles on it. No problem driving "to and from"
Sturgis this year.

HOWEVER; I couldn't make it through Sturgis street traffic without my "check engine"
light coming on.  Does any buddy know what I can do to cool the engine down.
I live in Tulsa Oklahoma, and it's always hot here in the summer.

Any suggestions other than moving or staying out of traffic?

rednectum

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #77 on: August 15, 2007, 09:25:21 PM »

the factory cam profile is to blame also. install real cams ad cure the heat.

FLYNDYNA

• Dyna Screaming Eagle
  • 1K CVO Member
  • My Little Pepe` the CVO Donkey

• CVO1: '07 FXDSE V&H Big Shot Staggered SERT K&N A/C Custom Seat
    • CVO2: '09 Road Glide-waiting for lottery
« Reply #78 on: August 17, 2007, 01:19:17 PM »

2007 Dyna Screaming Eagle 110ci factory w/ only sert, mobil 1 fluids, K&N air filter & Vance & Hines Big Shot staggered-

I have 3,900 miles with no real engine issues. She pulls fast and hard, I am always loosing hair ties & stick on wheel weights (each time the crack from the sound barrier occurs). I have had assembly issues, loose front tree pre-load, gas tank not torqued and started knocking over bumps, ect. Overall I am extremely happy with the bike, and very glad I got the '07, echoing the earlier sentiments about the '07 looking better than '08...
I do have to tell y'all, a friend of mine built a 103ci out of an 88ci...his numbers are amazing-113 hp and 119 ft pds (it was 102 degrees outside when he did the dyno runs here in virginia). I hope I can match if not beat those numbers in time, when I begin engine mods (when the wife gets over the whole "you spend way too much money thing).
I am so non conformist I have conformed to non conformity
I was going to procrastinate, but I put it off

Torque

• FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #79 on: August 20, 2007, 07:18:36 PM »

I have 2...one the SE Ultra Classic, the other the SE Road King. Both have Rinehart headers with SE Race Tuners. I have been somewhat dissapointed in the horsepower compared to the 103's, although torque is better. The engine cooled down with a cooler burning set of plugs and mileage. I have had NO problems mechanically (knock on wood).

Torque

BartManSr

• FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #80 on: August 20, 2007, 09:17:48 PM »

Rhino, Ghost Rider, TCnBham, & KingDog thanks for the info.

Torque,

What did you mean by "The engine cooled down with a cooler burning set of plugs and mileage"?
What kind of plugs are you using?

Thanks

StreetDog

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2016 FLHXSE RED STREET GLIDE
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHXSE SPICED RUM
    • CVO3: 2007 FLHRSE3 RAZOR RED
« Reply #81 on: August 20, 2007, 09:49:42 PM »

Rhino, Ghost Rider, TCnBham, & KingDog thanks for the info.

Torque,

What did you mean by "The engine cooled down with a cooler burning set of plugs and mileage"?
What kind of plugs are you using?

Thanks
  I understand it is not recommended by HD to change the plugs to hotter OR colder, but that may be out the window with mods.  :nixweiss: I didn't see it necessary to change mine. :confused5:

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #82 on: August 26, 2007, 12:33:55 PM »

Hey Rhino, at what RPM do you maybe get concerned about it becoming 'hard' on the lower end?  Or, is that not a issue when lowering the idle on these motors?  :nixweiss: spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

Rhino

« Reply #83 on: August 27, 2007, 06:26:16 PM »

Hey Rhino, at what RPM do you maybe get concerned about it becoming 'hard' on the lower end?  Or, is that not a issue when lowering the idle on these motors?  :nixweiss: spyder

I take it you are referring to my previous post on this thread?
Not sure what you mean by hard exactly, but if you are referring to extra wear and tear, you don't want your motor jumping around all over the place with a lower idle.  Lowest idle and remaining smooth is ok for stock on these new versions. A little old fashioned thump is great with an aftermarket cam profile, reminds me of old school just a little..

You know, the thump, and exhaust note.....  the way HD is supposed to be.  Today its kinda lost in translation a little.

Rhino

Rides2007Harley

« Reply #84 on: September 02, 2007, 08:43:25 PM »

07 FXDSE and have been extremely happy with it.  It ran a little hot before the pipes and SERT but now is acceptable.  Motor runs quiet and the transmission is smooth and quiet.

Very happy so far with 1800 miles on it, bought it 07/07.

Black Diamond

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 11 FLHXSE2 "Vanessa"
    • CVO2: 08 FLHRSE4 "Lexi" "Bike from Hell"
    • CVO3: 02 FLHRSEI "Ruby"
« Reply #85 on: September 07, 2007, 05:43:50 PM »

Happy with 110 kit in 07 Street Glide. Had over 5000 miles on her with no problems. SERT / RH true duals. She was a great bike.

Bumped into a 08 SERK at a dealership and that was that.  ;D
1000 miles on 08 but that's not enough to know anything.

I'll keep you posted.

JW

Steve_G

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
    • SD

• CVO1: 2006 FLHTUSE Watermelon (traded)
    • CVO2: 2008 FLHTUSE3 Anniversary (traded)
    • CVO3: 2022 FLHTKSE Hightail Yellow
« Reply #86 on: September 07, 2007, 06:51:32 PM »

Maybe the kit 110 was installed correctly
If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies!

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #87 on: September 07, 2007, 06:53:44 PM »

Right now I'm happy, but I'll reserve judgement until I put it thru a full Hoist Road Trip Test. Ask me in 2 weeks! ;)

Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

miker

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009FLHTCUSE4
« Reply #88 on: September 07, 2007, 08:17:22 PM »

Right now I'm happy, but I'll reserve judgement until I put it thru a full Hoist Road Trip Test. Ask me in 2 weeks! ;)

Hoist! 8)

BONZ mutha effin AI!

Miker

Cerdo

• Senior CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #89 on: September 07, 2007, 09:13:56 PM »

Totally happy with the bike (FLHTCUSE-2 B/O Jester). Just got back from the MoCo sponsored Adirandack ride to upatate NY and Lake Placid; and the bike was awesome. The old lady and I had to pack all the gear and really loaded down the bike. It performed well and the power band from 60 to 80 MPH is awesome. I never had to downshift and cruised through all of the hills and montains with ease. 6 days, 1,749 miles and no problems.  All Stock.
Andy
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7  All

Page created in 0.172 seconds with 21 queries.