Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All

Author Topic: Can you ride with no hands?  (Read 6988 times)

SCRM-R

• Elite CVO Member
  • It's Only $Money$...And I Can Make Some More!!
Re: Can you ride with no hands?
« Reply #15 on: July 31, 2007, 02:33:41 PM »

SCRM-R, you alignment might have been off a little and when they change the tire they corrected the alignment.    :nixweiss:
Maybe, but I don't think so.  Same indie has always installed my tires, and the guy is very good.  I just don't think it's coincidental that when I went with Metzelers the bike runs straight, corners better, rides better, wears longer, and on and on.  I know, I sound like a salesman, but I'm not...just a satisfied customer, who is now a believer and will never use Dunflops again!
« Last Edit: July 31, 2007, 02:49:44 PM by SCRM-R »
2003 Screamin' Eagle Road King with Custom "Real Fire" Paint Scheme
Zipper's 117" Kit, Including:
   H-D Race Tuner
   Zippers 54MM Throttle Body
   RedShift 647 Cams

Diamond Cut Cylinders & Heads
Custom Engraved Front Lower Legs, Primary Inspection Cover & Saddlebag Latch Covers

Talon

• Life is like a jar of jalapenos, what you do today may get you in the a$$ tomorrow!
  • 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #16 on: July 31, 2007, 02:46:09 PM »

I run Metzelers too, not sure how the tire would cause it to pull, but I'm sure there are instances that could cause it.

Coolbreeze

• 1K CVO Member
  • Bridge to nowhere...
« Reply #17 on: July 31, 2007, 03:20:38 PM »

I'm thinkin' that the tires could easily cause the pull if they are worn much at all...  (flat spot)  Mine rode straight as an arrow for quite a while and then started following the road angle until I re-skinned it...   

NOTE:  I also have a REALLY good time of it when I sit in the back seat on the glide, set the cruise, and motor up past the wife on her bike while acting like I'm talking to my imaginary friend in the front seat...    She gets right wound up!!!    :apple:  :2vrolijk_21:
2005 Red SEEG
2002 Low Rider
New Kitchen
New Laundry Room
Two New Nieces! (w/ frayed Brother-in-Law)

BalDeagle

• FLHRSE3 Candy Cobalt with Pale Gold Leafing Graphics
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • Do it today, tomorrow may be too late......
« Reply #18 on: July 31, 2007, 05:38:22 PM »

I'm thinkin' that the tires could easily cause the pull if they are worn much at all...  (flat spot)  Mine rode straight as an arrow for quite a while and then started following the road angle until I re-skinned it...   

NOTE:  I also have a REALLY good time of it when I sit in the back seat on the glide, set the cruise, and motor up past the wife on her bike while acting like I'm talking to my imaginary friend in the front seat...    She gets right wound up!!!    :apple:  :2vrolijk_21:

We were doing this at an advanced riding school a couple of years ago. Kind of cool sitting on the pillion seat with your feet on the rear passenger boards while the bike trundles along.

It's all about gyroscopes you know !

Nige
Don't leave it until tomorrow, do it today !

110 SERK FLHRSE3
Power Commander
Doherty PowerPacc + PowerVents + Mystfree
Vance & Hines Slip ons + V & H True Duals
Lots of other shiny bits!

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #19 on: July 31, 2007, 05:51:38 PM »

Some good suggestions here. 

I can ride for miles and miles with no hands, on the freeway, around curves left or right.   If it's a surface street, depending on the crown, usually depends how long I can do it.  I suspect it's your neck bearings........have them check the fall away.
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

Gettinold

• 5k CVO Member
  • SOMEWHERE NORTH OF HEAVEN WHERE EAGLES DONT FLY
« Reply #20 on: July 31, 2007, 07:24:11 PM »

Only when my mothers watching.  :o   ;D
09 FLTRSE3   ORG & BLK
06 VRSCSE2    ORG & BLK
04 FLHTCSE   ORG & BLK    SOLD
94 FXSTS      CUSTOM

Billy

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2007 SERK
    • CVO2: 2014 SERK
« Reply #21 on: August 02, 2007, 10:40:47 AM »

OK it must have been the wallet in the wrong poket . moved it to the windshield bag and the bike tracks fine. i jsut didn't think it could be the wallet since it has benn empied trying to make up for HD ride. Thanks Billy
2014 SERK Tribal Orange Wild one 501 apes Powder coated gloss black, Mustang Seat with backrest, King tour pack with smoked lights, LED aux lights, CD Dynamic front ringz, CD custom license plate with LED turns and brake light, Zumo 660 mounted on bar, Klock Werks 17 inch Flare windshield, Saddle bag guards, Added LED turn indicators in handle bar cover, Engine guard foot pegs

Coolbreeze

• 1K CVO Member
  • Bridge to nowhere...
« Reply #22 on: August 02, 2007, 11:11:55 AM »

It's amazing how much difference a little wedge under the corner of something sizable makes....  :oops:   ::)
2005 Red SEEG
2002 Low Rider
New Kitchen
New Laundry Room
Two New Nieces! (w/ frayed Brother-in-Law)

bpalmersheim

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: '07 CVO Screamin' Eagle Road King (FLHRSE3) 110" - Razor Red/Gold Leaf Flames
« Reply #23 on: August 02, 2007, 12:28:31 PM »

I almost tried for a brief second and realized that I would not be able to do it on the SERK. Maybe there wasn't enough lead in the seat...

I tried at about 50 miles an hour and I think it is the lugging of the tranny that didn't keep the bike stable....  Won't be doing it again, that's for sure.
2007 CVO Screamin' Eagle Road King (FLHRSE3) 110" - Razor Red/Gold Leaf Flames

United States Army Retired (4x Combat Veteran)
CVMA, H.O.G. Member, Patriot Guard Rider

BADBUD

• Senior CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: Lucy, 2003 FLHRSEI2
    • CVO2: Lilly, 1962 Triumph Bonneville
    • Screw with me and you screw with the WHOLE trailer park
« Reply #24 on: August 02, 2007, 12:40:21 PM »

Not a problem-- set the cruise and let her go. ;D ;D
I hate drunks when I'm sober----------
and sobers when I'm drunk.

skyglide

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHXSE (concord)
« Reply #25 on: August 02, 2007, 05:32:07 PM »

Mines runs straight as an arrow. Good question what it is?

Smiler

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #26 on: August 02, 2007, 06:12:27 PM »

The ergonomics should make the bike run straight unless there is a problem with either your posture, the road camber or as someone mentioned the alignment.  I'd go with either your posture or the road

charlie

« Reply #27 on: August 02, 2007, 07:16:06 PM »

I can ride with know hands on most roads.

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #28 on: August 02, 2007, 08:29:25 PM »

You can ride pretty much any which way with no hands. It's how good you can control it with you weight shft, as opposed to using your your handlebars for that. Ever see any bike stunt guys. Their weight shift is perfect! ;) The bike will stay up until it loses momentum or you throw it off balance. The bars just give you a place for the brake and clutch levers! ;D ;D ;D

Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

Billy

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2007 SERK
    • CVO2: 2014 SERK
« Reply #29 on: August 02, 2007, 09:38:59 PM »

Thanks Guys, i just needed alittle practice. Was a little afraid to move the weight around but now it is getting much easier.  Thanks for the help.
2014 SERK Tribal Orange Wild one 501 apes Powder coated gloss black, Mustang Seat with backrest, King tour pack with smoked lights, LED aux lights, CD Dynamic front ringz, CD custom license plate with LED turns and brake light, Zumo 660 mounted on bar, Klock Werks 17 inch Flare windshield, Saddle bag guards, Added LED turn indicators in handle bar cover, Engine guard foot pegs
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All

Page created in 0.165 seconds with 24 queries.