Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Author Topic: X-Wedge 3-Cam!  (Read 7026 times)

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
Re: X-Wedge 3-Cam!
« Reply #30 on: August 09, 2007, 01:02:41 PM »

Howie,
While I am a motor illeterate, it sounds like they designing something that has solved ( in theory) many complaints about current v-twins, allowed them to comply with current epa restrictions and still produce high output motors ( also may push MOCO into development of new frame unless the Revolution engine is their savior of the future!). I guess once in production reliability and longevity with tell the tale. (kind of reminds of car industry where in 70 and 80's had these epa choked engine that through redesign now have met epa restrictions but get good gas mileage and have performane enhanced numbers.)  Good article, john

John, that's exactly what I see them doing. And if HD ain't doing the same thing, they'll either be buying motors from S&S or using the Water-Cooled approach, in the near future. I hope they're doing the former! ;) Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

nidan

• 1K CVO Member
  • Keep the breeze between your knees

• CVO1: 02 FWDWG3 Stage IV 95 -sold
« Reply #31 on: August 09, 2007, 01:07:03 PM »

Read the test ride article in the latest cycle world .. looks like they still have some work to do . but it is promising.
CVO -'02 FWDWG3 Stage IV 95 -sold
'07 FLHX Stage II 103 95hp/111lbs ft
'09 FJR 1300- 145hp /99 lbs ft
2011 Mustang GT 412hp/390 lbs ft

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #32 on: August 09, 2007, 01:26:10 PM »

Read the test ride article in the latest cycle world .. looks like they still have some work to do . but it is promising.

S&S thinks it's their future! Here's a link to the S&S X-Wedge Home Page. Lots more stuff, photo gallery and sound bytes there! http://www.x-wedge.com/index.htm  ;) Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

LRebel

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #33 on: August 09, 2007, 01:31:31 PM »

Pretty Cool.  I would take this over the revolution water cooled!

I am not a mechanical genius like some of y'all, so what do you think of the belt driven cam setup? :nixweiss:

Talon

• Life is like a jar of jalapenos, what you do today may get you in the a$$ tomorrow!
  • 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #34 on: August 09, 2007, 02:31:11 PM »

Well, I'm not a big fan of belt driven cams, but they have been doing it for years in cars, and the above article says that if the belt did break, the valves wouldn't hit, you'd just be stranded. Less resistance that the current setups to TC.

djkak

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #35 on: August 09, 2007, 04:09:18 PM »

The Crank Position Sensor (CPS) reads off the side of the flywheel. Removing the case gives you a good look at the massive crank assembly…

This flywheel scraper oil return looks a very much like the design used in my ‘46 Knuckle to evacuate crankcase oil. Big Twin’s, K’s and XL models used this method for decades to transfer crankcase oil over to the gearcase for pickup and return to the oil reservoir. This method was dropped in 1977 on XL’s and with the advent of the Twin Cam Big Twin’s.

I am somewhat surprised to see S&S choose to stay with this dated, “old school” design. IMHO, the mini sump with direct oil pickup is a far superior method of handling returning engine oil. For what it’s worth, I see that Indian’s proprietary V-Twin engine uses the same early H-D design as well.

I can’t help but wonder if this old method continues to be used simply because it is available.

Thanks for the great presentation, Hoist; good stuff!

djkak

hard10

• Emperor of the Imperial Grand Masters of Sarcasm
  • 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM # 6 1/157.48

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE²
« Reply #36 on: August 09, 2007, 08:58:25 PM »

Hoist are you a distributor yet?

TimBone

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #37 on: August 09, 2007, 09:29:27 PM »

Howie,
I think AJ hit it,
We will be your first customers!!!
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Page created in 0.167 seconds with 20 queries.