Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All

Author Topic: Any 08 news yet??  (Read 7474 times)

SirMichael

• Senior CVO Member
  • Non Riding for the moment!!
Any 08 news yet??
« on: August 13, 2007, 11:28:26 PM »

Has anyone heard any good or bad on the 08's yet??
I heard that there will be lots of issues with the new computers :confused5: The new bosch computer is suppose to be better, but you know how that is suppose to go :nixweiss:

Just wondering if any issues have started yet :lipsrsealed2: :lipsrsealed2:

Mike

tommyo

• Throttles on the right!
  • Full CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHXSE2
Re: Any 08 news yet??
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2007, 11:37:35 PM »

Ya there sold out!
When in doubt... GAS it!!!

Starting over!!

SirMichael

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2007, 11:43:06 PM »

Ya there sold out!
OK, I guess I'm done, I will just have to wait for the liquid cooled 2010's!! :huepfenlol2:

tommyo

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2007, 11:46:24 PM »

Buy a tour pac for yours and then be done.

Starting over!!

SirMichael

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2007, 11:49:20 PM »

I can't, it's sold already :'( :'( :'( :'(

tommyo

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2007, 12:03:38 AM »

All that work and money... tsk,tsk,tsk,. If you get a bagger are you going to go places or just ride with Phil. Did you know that Lake Geneva and back is 450 miles...lol!

Starting over!!

SirMichael

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2007, 12:14:10 AM »

Yah, I do about 350 miles each time I ride :drink: :drink:

SirMichael

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2007, 12:46:25 AM »

Back to the issue, I am probably going to buy an 08 full-bagger, so I was just curious on any news if any yet?? :ears: :ears:

SirMichael

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2007, 01:07:06 AM »

Maybe if I put it this way, Is the 08 that much better than an 07?? :nixweiss:
 I have to decide if it is worth getting an 08 or just get the 07 and be done with it??

:juggle2: :juggle2: :wall: :wall: :juggle2: :juggle2: :wall: :wall:

« Last Edit: August 14, 2007, 01:08:43 AM by SirMichael103 »

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2007, 01:18:04 AM »

Maybe if I put it this way, Is the 08 that much better than an 07?? :nixweiss:
 I have to decide if it is worth getting an 08 or just get the 07 and be done with it??

:juggle2: :juggle2: :juggle2:

:wall: :wall: :wall:

Don't know about better, but think about this. You decide if these things are good or bad. Then you'll know which  one to get.

'08's now have ABS/Brembo's, Ultra King Tour Pak luggage carrier with premium luggage rack and clolo matched wrap around lights, Fly-by-Wire Electronic Throttle Control, new ECM, Granite powder coated power train , Power saddlebag and Tour Pak, luggage carrier locks with integrated key fob activation, 6 gallon fuel tank, Isolated Drive System. That's probably most of it. All this has held up ECM mods and you can't change/fix the engine without it. SERT's coming, and no word on anything else yet. The dealers are cocky about that and think they'll have an exclusive. If that's the case, get ready for waiting and shortages.

My take, I like the '07's better. There's a few nice changes, but most aren't needed or even wanted. JMHO, no disrespect to you '08 guys!

Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #10 on: August 14, 2007, 01:22:59 AM »

Don't know about better, but think about this. You decide if these things are good or bad. Then you'll know which  one to get.

'08's now have ABS/Brembo's, Ultra King Tour Pak luggage carrier with premium luggage rack and clolo matched wrap around lights, Fly-by-Wire Electronic Throttle Control, new ECM, Granite powder coated power train , Power saddlebag and Tour Pak, luggage carrier locks with integrated key fob activation, 6 gallon fuel tank, Isolated Drive System. That's probably most of it. All this has held up ECM mods and you can't change/fix the engine without it. SERT's coming, and no word on anything else yet. The dealers are cocky about that and think they'll have an exclusive. If that's the case, get ready for waiting and shortages.

My take, I like the '07's better. There's a few nice changes, but most aren't needed or even wanted. JMHO, no disrespect to you '08 guys!

Hoist! 8)

It is lots of "new" in primary systems.  Given Harley's track record with "new" it has to give one pause for thought.

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #11 on: August 14, 2007, 01:31:07 AM »

It is lots of "new" in primary systems.  Given Harley's track record with "new" it has to give one pause for thought.

I agree. Too much new for me in the '07. But manageable. The '08's are not "user friendly" yet! :nixweiss:

Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

Unbalanced

• FUD Examiner
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 SESG,
    • CVO2: 2004 SEEG Pumpkin,
    • CVO3: 2002 Police Roadking, Maudie and Maybelle Slayer
« Reply #12 on: August 14, 2007, 07:24:01 AM »

Sir Michael,

Don't know any of this for fact yet, but it is rumored that you will not be able to tune the 08's like the 07's or prior.   Heard there will only be a limited band area that with the SERT you will be able to tune the bike, much like the metric bikes today.   Since you spent all the money working on your other bike that is "sold" this maybe a consideration you need to take into account, before you purchase.
HBRR Florida Chapter,  STILL - The Fastest Chapter - Proven yet again Bikeweek 2017

Midnight Rider

• AKA: TCnBham
  • 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2011 SERGU Rio Red (sold)
« Reply #13 on: August 14, 2007, 07:34:03 AM »

Find a low mileage '06 and with the money you save, have the motor done the way you want it, tune it with whatever you want, put a 6 speed in it, and avoid all the potential headaches you might encounter with an 07/08.  JMO.
Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight.
I had the right to remain silent, just not the ability...

Gone, but not forgotten...2011 FLTRUSE with
Fullsac X Pipe w/2" Baffles
Legend Air Ride Rear Shocks
Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 Front Suspension
Clearview GT13 Windshield
TTS Mastertune

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #14 on: August 14, 2007, 08:43:51 AM »

Sir Michael,

Don't know any of this for fact yet, but it is rumored that you will not be able to tune the 08's like the 07's or prior.   Heard there will only be a limited band area that with the SERT you will be able to tune the bike, much like the metric bikes today.   Since you spent all the money working on your other bike that is "sold" this maybe a consideration you need to take into account, before you purchase.

That would make more sense than the EPA continuing to allow H-D to thumb their noses at 'em by selling an obvious defeat device like the SERT.  The EPA test cycle is in the rpm range that the H-D system runs in closed loop mode.  I can forsee them allowing you to make map changes outside of that range, like at WOT, but not within the closed loop parameters.  I guess we'll see once they release the new SERT.  Of course, there will be other alternatives from the aftermarket.

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All

Page created in 0.168 seconds with 20 queries.