Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 34

Author Topic: ENGINE MODS AND UPGRADES!!!!  (Read 46886 times)

REGGAB

Re: ENGINE MODS AND UPGRADES!!!!
« Reply #75 on: August 29, 2007, 07:49:21 PM »

More parts.

REGGAB

« Reply #76 on: August 29, 2007, 07:50:06 PM »

The whole shootin' match.

REGGAB

« Reply #77 on: August 29, 2007, 07:50:53 PM »

Gutted!!!!!!! 

CVOJOE

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Life's a journey, why not enjoy the ride?
« Reply #78 on: August 29, 2007, 07:51:00 PM »

Definitely gear driven cams. Then, Feuling oil pump and lifters, adj. pushrods, and Feuling or Delkron plate, etc. Well worth the money for the peace of mind. :2vrolijk_21: IMHO
Joe
2003 FLHRSEI2. (Sold) :(

Horsepower is how fast you hit a wall.Torque is how far you will take the wall with you.

REGGAB

« Reply #79 on: August 29, 2007, 07:53:05 PM »

My green bike looks like she's been through enough for one day.  Last one.  I think the ol' Girl is going to love life alot more once Red breathes life back into her again.

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #80 on: August 29, 2007, 09:08:24 PM »

Your shoes don't look as bad as some I've seen, but the scoring on the oil pump looks nasty.  Makes me glad I did the switch to gear drive last year this time. :2vrolijk_21:  I've got 19,000 on the SEEG now, and would not want to be looking at your photos not having done the swap. :nervous:

REGGAB

« Reply #81 on: August 29, 2007, 10:08:35 PM »

Your shoes don't look as bad as some I've seen, but the scoring on the oil pump looks nasty.  Makes me glad I did the switch to gear drive last year this time. :2vrolijk_21:  I've got 19,000 on the SEEG now, and would not want to be looking at your photos not having done the swap. :nervous:

Brian,
Somewhere else on this site, I've posted pictures of the tensioners that came out of my 02 Ultra after about 17K miles......and that was the second set after a failure at about 21K miles.  I think those pictures are on the other computer here at home as well.  I'll hunt them down and repost in this thread.  Anyway, they were way worse than what you see here.........and like you, I've seen worse than even those.  I'm sure you realize my point is that the MOCO's 2006 and older cam chain tensioner system makes for a VERY unreliable machine, and quite frankly, I'm pretty disgusted with myself for putting off this build as long as I did............and I WAS going to wait until winter to do this!!!   :nervous:  The Big Man upstairs told me not to do that, and I'm glad I had sense enough to listen to him, especially from the looks of that oil pump.  I REALLY hope others LOOK at these pictures and realize that if they haven't switched to gears, they might have the very same, or worse, condition in their machine.

Henry

REGGAB

« Reply #82 on: August 29, 2007, 10:23:22 PM »

Here's a picture of the tensioners that came out of the 02 Ultra.

REGGAB

« Reply #83 on: August 29, 2007, 10:24:14 PM »

Another.

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #84 on: August 29, 2007, 10:26:11 PM »

Gear driven cams is the way to go if you are running the old style cam tensioners. :2vrolijk_21: Until the newer style hydraulic ones have more time/miles on the bike the jury is still going to be out on them. IMHO

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

REGGAB

« Reply #85 on: August 29, 2007, 10:27:34 PM »

And of course, it is always awesome to look at the blue bike.  Sure do miss that old Girl.

REGGAB

« Reply #86 on: August 29, 2007, 10:29:45 PM »

Gear driven cams is the way to go if you are running the old style cam tensioners. :2vrolijk_21: Until the newer style hydraulic ones have more time/miles on the bike the jury is still going to be out on them. IMHO

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:

Concur.  New technology isn't good technology until is passes the test of time and miles.

REGGAB

« Reply #87 on: August 29, 2007, 10:31:30 PM »

One more, just for old time's sake.

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #88 on: August 29, 2007, 11:48:01 PM »

And of course, it is always awesome to look at the blue bike.  Sure do miss that old Girl.

That luxury blue is a GREAT color!  I had an '02 luxury blue Classic that I sold to a friend to get the '04 SEEG.  I don't regret it for a second and will probably have the SEEG until death do us part, but like you, I miss that '02 every now and again. :(

REGGAB

« Reply #89 on: August 30, 2007, 07:16:10 AM »

That luxury blue is a GREAT color!  I had an '02 luxury blue Classic that I sold to a friend to get the '04 SEEG.  I don't regret it for a second and will probably have the SEEG until death do us part, but like you, I miss that '02 every now and again. :(

Well Brian.....I do feel a twinge of regret for letting go of the blue bike.  Once I got her right, she was an awesome machine......................and I traded her off for my Melon.  My mistake, and I'm dealing with it.  The Melon wasn't the mistake.  Getting rid of the blue bike was.  That bike had it all.  Good looks, awesome comfort, versatility, and until this past Friday, it woulda beat the breeches off the green bike.......and she was a 95ci.  So yeah, missing her goes without question.......along with a nagging regret for letting her go.  But now I have the green bike.  I will tell you this:  I'm NOT making the same mistake again.  The green bike is with me forever.  Heck, I'll be buried on it if that is possible.  :2vrolijk_21:
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 34

Page created in 0.156 seconds with 24 queries.