Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8  All

Author Topic: Mrs. We's down time file  (Read 16659 times)

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
Re: Mrs. We's down time file
« Reply #30 on: August 23, 2007, 09:18:19 PM »

I think that Candy had 35 or 36,000. The service manager at Davis HD said that the chain tensioners are supposed to be checked at 30,000 miles. I had never heard that, wonder if it is written anywhere???  :nixweiss:

Anyway, like Don said, I am way over 46,000, yep, scared to ride anywhere but off to see the wrench! :thinking2:  :znotworthy:

Sorry Jamie.  I remembered one of your bikes being in the mid 40s for mileage.  Just had the wrong one.  You guys are on them so much was just giving you credit for scoring even more road then the bikes had actually done.

Mr. We

• SEEG Meister
  • Elite CVO Member
  • DOM # 003

• CVO1: 04 B/B SEEG
    • CVO2: 05 Two-Tone Candy Cherry
    • CVO3: 04 FORD 4x4 Super Duty Turbo Diesel HD "Corporate Colors"
« Reply #31 on: August 24, 2007, 06:13:25 AM »

If there's any sunshine in this story it's this. Had all of the aforementioned parts been worn to within a micromilimeter of breaking, you wouldn't be getting a dime from you extended warranty. BUT because everything chit the bed, you get a free rebuild. B B

Exactly!!! Two silver linings in my book, the one above and continuing to spread the word, CHECK THOSE TENSIONERS! Maybelle is off to the mechanic this weekend for 575s, gear drive, and feulin oil pump, and I do get to foot the bill.  :nervous: :nervous: :nervous: :drink:
2 SEEG's, No Waiting!

His 04 Black and Blue  :huepfenlol2:   Hers 05 Two Tone Candy Cherry  :cherry: Ours 04 F250 GR8 PNKN :pumpkin:

Midnight Rider

• AKA: TCnBham
  • 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2011 SERGU Rio Red (sold)
« Reply #32 on: August 24, 2007, 07:17:21 AM »

Exactly!!! Two silver linings in my book, the one above and continuing to spread the word, CHECK THOSE TENSIONERS! Maybelle is off to the mechanic this weekend for 575s, gear drive, and feulin oil pump, and I do get to foot the bill.  :nervous: :nervous: :nervous: :drink:

Jamie...good choice for your bike, and now you won't have to worry about that any longer.  Another silver lining is that had Candy's bike not torn up, your's probably would have at some point in the trip, and it could have happened at a worse point in time.  If you can, get pics of your tensioners when they get them out.  We'd like to see how much they have worn.
Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight.
I had the right to remain silent, just not the ability...

Gone, but not forgotten...2011 FLTRUSE with
Fullsac X Pipe w/2" Baffles
Legend Air Ride Rear Shocks
Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 Front Suspension
Clearview GT13 Windshield
TTS Mastertune

lilbear

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: '06 VRSCSE2 - Yellow & Silver
    • CVO2: '08 FLHRSE4 - Black & Silver
    • CVO3: '11 FLHXSE2 - Black & Orange
« Reply #33 on: August 24, 2007, 10:57:32 AM »

Mr. We,
Thanks for the information.  I had seen bits and pieces of Mrs. We's "Cherry Bomb" meltdown on the trip to Nelson and was glad to see this post with followup information.  It is indeed great news that the repairs are going to be covered under the extended warranty.  Very sorry that the failure came at such an inopportune point in the trip though.  As always, this site produces some great information via these posts and the replies from informed and experienced members of this site.  It's all fun 'till it breaks, but it sure is great to have such a wealth of information at your fingertips!  Hope you two can get your knees back in the breeze real soon with this "bump in the road" behind you!  Best of luck and keep us posted with progress of your two respective repairs/improvements.

Rhino

« Reply #34 on: August 24, 2007, 11:24:34 AM »

Hello Mrs WE,

Glad to see the project finally got the go-ahead.  You saw Opies 'private' quarters inside Davis? He is a hoot.  He is also one fine engine builder. He also did my cyl and head gasket replacements.  I drove 600 miles one way for him to do the work.  He used to be in FL, but moved north.  He has a very strong following for old schoolers here for any engine work and bike builds.   I have seen numerous examples of his work, and all of it works properly.  He has that old fashioned philosophy, he takes every project personally, and he stands behind all of it.   

If you want to do any upgrades, talk to him, he is opinionated, tell him how fast you want to go, he can make it happen, he knows combinations of parts, and stays only with Harley stuff.

Rhino

Mr. We

• SEEG Meister
  • Elite CVO Member
  • DOM # 003

« Reply #35 on: September 17, 2007, 11:24:35 AM »

Light at the end of the tunnel...   :vrolijk17:

I just talked to Davis HD and there is every reason to believe that we will be picking up Candy's bike this weekend! :pepper:  :cherry:  :pepper:

Oh yeah, mine is ready too!!!  :bananarock:
2 SEEG's, No Waiting!

His 04 Black and Blue  :huepfenlol2:   Hers 05 Two Tone Candy Cherry  :cherry: Ours 04 F250 GR8 PNKN :pumpkin:

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #36 on: September 17, 2007, 11:27:12 AM »

I just talked to Davis HD and there is every reason to believe that we will be picking up Candy's bike this weekend! :pepper:  :cherry:  :pepper:

That is great news MrWe.  Easy to say "it's about time" but still, it's got to be great getting them both home and ready to be taken down the road again.  Congratulations.  Has Mrs. We started the "I got a new motor and you don't, na na na na na na" thing yet?

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #37 on: September 17, 2007, 11:32:47 AM »

That's all great news, Jamie.  Now, what did your chain tensioners look like?  You can tell me.....I'm at 45K on the Huckleberry and getting  :nervous:   Har!  :drink: spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

Midnight Rider

• AKA: TCnBham
  • 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2011 SERGU Rio Red (sold)
« Reply #38 on: September 17, 2007, 01:17:54 PM »

That's all great news, Jamie.  Now, what did your chain tensioners look like?  You can tell me.....I'm at 45K on the Huckleberry and getting  :nervous:   Har!  :drink: spyder

Spydy...you've used up all your Kharma on those tensioners...better do something about that or we'll be hunting you down in some of those NC mountains with a trailer in tow.  BFE is not a fun place to be sometimes... :nervous:
Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight.
I had the right to remain silent, just not the ability...

Gone, but not forgotten...2011 FLTRUSE with
Fullsac X Pipe w/2" Baffles
Legend Air Ride Rear Shocks
Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 Front Suspension
Clearview GT13 Windshield
TTS Mastertune

Boatman

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2014 CVO Limited
    • CVO2: 2010 SEUC-accident victim-gone
    • CVO3: 2005 SEEG-traded on 2010
« Reply #39 on: September 17, 2007, 01:35:57 PM »

Glad you're both back in business and riding real soon.  Has been a long ordeal for you both.   :2vrolijk_21:

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #40 on: September 17, 2007, 06:30:43 PM »

Candy/Jamey,
That is great news glad this is coming to an end for both of you. Can't wait to see you two out on the road somewhere again.

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

Mr. We

• SEEG Meister
  • Elite CVO Member
  • DOM # 003

« Reply #41 on: September 18, 2007, 06:36:41 AM »

Spydy...you've used up all your Kharma on those tensioners...better do something about that or we'll be hunting you down in some of those NC mountains with a trailer in tow.  BFE is not a fun place to be sometimes... :nervous:

Spyder, I hate to tell ya, but TC is probably right. I will pick mine up today and our wrench said I was lucky. He saved the chain tensioners and I will post a pic once I get them back, but again, he said I was lucky to get it taken care of when I did.  :nervous:  :coolblue:
2 SEEG's, No Waiting!

Scrrem

• Full CVO Member
  • 2005 FLHTCSE2
« Reply #42 on: September 18, 2007, 07:31:33 AM »

Candy,
Sorry to hear about your bike issues.  I have had a busy summer, things are starting to slow down, getting back into the forum.  I have had my own bike uses too.  Hang in there ;)
Scrrem

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • CVO2: 2005 FLHTCSE
    • CVO3: 2002 FXDWG3
« Reply #43 on: September 18, 2007, 11:02:49 AM »

Jamie, it seems like years ago when Kerry and I pulled up to the ferry and met you both.

I can still see the smile on Candy's face when we pulled up.

It is sure good news to hear you are getting the bikes back and on the road as well as you having caught yours in time to avoid a major trauma.

Congrats and enjoy some riding now before the weather closes in on us.

Rog

Mr. We

• SEEG Meister
  • Elite CVO Member
  • DOM # 003

« Reply #44 on: September 18, 2007, 02:58:33 PM »

You're right, it seems like ages have passed... well at least a season, eh?

We have missed an enormous amount of riding, but since we are here in south central Virginny, we do get to ride pert near year round! We love to say, if you don't ride on the first day of the year, you can't ride all year. Anyway, the weather is off the chart good right now, so I hope we can get out and put some miles down in them there beautiful mountians in West by God Virginny soon!!!  :coolblue:

Thanks again for being one of the superheros, great friends and great times!  :drink:
« Last Edit: September 18, 2007, 03:00:36 PM by Mr. WeCVO »
2 SEEG's, No Waiting!

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8  All

Page created in 0.172 seconds with 20 queries.