Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 15

Author Topic: HD Cust Serv Call Campaign - 110 Head Gaskets  (Read 60505 times)

skippy

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
Re: HD Cust Serv Call Campaign - 110 Head Gaskets
« Reply #75 on: October 20, 2007, 07:37:46 PM »

Called in today to complain about the heat issue on the 110s  not available on Sat  but went on line to Highway Safety Adm. and did an online complaint hope it helps...

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
  • Go fast or go home! EBCM member # 2.36 .01%
    • CVO2: 2011.5 SEUC
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG
« Reply #76 on: October 20, 2007, 07:40:07 PM »

Called in today to complain about the heat issue on the 110s  not available on Sat  but went on line to Highway Safety Adm. and did an online complaint hope it helps...

Skip

Did the visit to see "da man" and have it retuned not help the heat issue?

:nixweiss:

2012      SERG  "Nu Blue"
2018      Goldwing   
2003      HD Electra Glide Classic Silver and Black, of course!                
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans
2018      Shelby GT350, 963 crank hp, 825 rear wheel hp

skippy

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #77 on: October 20, 2007, 07:43:37 PM »

The man is awol  ??? ??? ???

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
  • Go fast or go home! EBCM member # 2.36 .01%
    • CVO2: 2011.5 SEUC
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG
« Reply #78 on: October 20, 2007, 07:58:57 PM »

The man is awol  ??? ??? ???

Hmmmmmmmmmmm

call me

2012      SERG  "Nu Blue"
2018      Goldwing   
2003      HD Electra Glide Classic Silver and Black, of course!                
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans
2018      Shelby GT350, 963 crank hp, 825 rear wheel hp

Midnight Rider

• AKA: TCnBham
  • 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2011 SERGU Rio Red (sold)
« Reply #79 on: October 20, 2007, 08:10:30 PM »

If more you you had balls like skreminegul07 your problems would be solved. I've been lerking for a long time and cant get over the wininng, some of you do, not to mention the worse of them all.. Mr Cheif.

Now see Mr Cheif..see how easy it really is?? The lemon law protects the comon consumer. Now put all them moan and groning wors you been crying over the lase several months and go talk to you dealer.. You're like a darn broken record that wont stop!!!

Now how do you like that from a new member entree.... More to come folks... Unless i get politically booted.

Most people would take a beating on the Lemon law...as mentioned, not every state is the same.  Most members here RIDE their bikes, and most of the problems don't show up 'till the bike has 5K + miles on it.  Making an effort to let the MOCO know they have some serious issues with their flagship model is not whinning in my book, it's the smart thing to do.  Most just want the bike fixed...permanently...they would have no reason to complain then.

I have a feeling that you won't last very long on this site with the kind of attitude expressed in your first post....and do use the spell check function.  It was like listening to a drunk talk reading your post...
Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight.
I had the right to remain silent, just not the ability...

Gone, but not forgotten...2011 FLTRUSE with
Fullsac X Pipe w/2" Baffles
Legend Air Ride Rear Shocks
Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 Front Suspension
Clearview GT13 Windshield
TTS Mastertune

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #80 on: October 21, 2007, 01:44:14 AM »

If more you you had balls like skreminegul07 your problems would be solved. I've been lerking for a long time and cant get over the wininng, some of you do, not to mention the worse of them all.. Mr Cheif.

Now see Mr Cheif..see how easy it really is?? The lemon law protects the comon consumer. Now put all them moan and groning wors you been crying over the lase several months and go talk to you dealer.. You're like a darn broken record that wont stop!!!

Now how do you like that from a new member entree.... More to come folks... Unless i get politically booted.

"If more of you had balls......"?   Spend a little more time here and you might learn that most of these guys are riding CVOs, not Sportsters.  Let's hook up and go for a ride, I'm just down the road from you.

You mention "the lemon law".......exactly what law are you referring to and would you care to share your experience with that law?  I'm anxious to learn more about this, if you have facts.
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

patbowdy

• CVO1: 07 screamin eagle ultra
« Reply #81 on: October 21, 2007, 03:03:55 AM »

Vermont does not have a lemon law for bikes or commercial trucks. The dealer and the MO CO stepped up to buy it back. I'd like to think they accepted responsibility for the issues I "we" are having. I like what they do with the "CVO" bikes and hope to get back into one when they come up with one as nice as my 04 Duce was.
Some days are magic, some days are tragic

Gunn Runner

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #82 on: October 22, 2007, 07:49:49 AM »

I took my 2007 110 FLHTCUSE2 to Manatee HD last Wednesday afternoon.  Oil leak at base started at 3,500 miles. Head gasket leak at 6,800 miles....in shop at 7,900 miles for both. On Thursday afternoon, the dealership called, and said HD had them inspect the rear cylinder and gaskets.  Based on the inspection results, HD authorized replacement of the back cylinder and new head gaskets and base O rings.  Under warranty. No problems with HD getting the repairs authorized. Parts arrive this Thursday....should have bike out of shop by Saturday. Next phase is to see if the same problem occurs again. Will keep everyone posted on my results. Thanks.   8)
Gunn Runner

HogBreath

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2009 cvo roadglide
    • CVO2: 2014 CVO StreetKing
« Reply #83 on: October 22, 2007, 07:53:36 AM »

Sounds about like mine Gunn.

Noticed a seep at 5,500 miles. 8,500 had the work done under warranty. I've got 14,500 miles on it now, w/o any seepage. I expect to see the problem again, but so far, nothing. I'd rather have it happen BEFORE warranty runs out if it's going to.

It was good to meet you in MV!
It's not the destination. It's the Journey.

Gunn Runner

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #84 on: October 22, 2007, 07:58:21 AM »

Same here Hogbreath......enjoyed the MV trip and meeting all the CVO owners.....I'll let you know how it goes after repairs...trips planned back to NC and SC mid December....Key West February.....back to NC late May.......time will tell !
Gunn Runner

Gordon_on_a_Sporty

• Banned
« Reply #85 on: October 22, 2007, 10:46:10 AM »

JCZ,

I dont understand you guys. It dosent take long that there are major problems with these CVO 110's YES. I owned one for a very short period unitl i looked up on me at Hwy 395 and Hwy 178 making a right turn.. Ever cross up one of these pigs??? lots of fun. The motor siezed. Dealer in Bakersfield had a new motor less then two weeks, Well, Yup it was going again but i was smart enought to lurk in on a trailer. Six weeks lattter, no fixed bike i demaned my money back, 100%, and got what i wanted to questions asked..

My sporty??? Ask Burly about that one... Sure I'll ride with you but you you'll never keep up, and i love that program on Speed called PINKS..........

Now as far as you cry babies complaing about your new CVO 110's......  Face it, you bought a wortless tank, unless of course you want to spend some major money on the motor side fixing it correctlly. There are so many issuse with this motor, Harely should have never alowed it out the door. If yoiu have one of these,, LEAVE IT BONE STOCK... DONT MESS WITH NOTHEN""".. This motor is designed for EPA, not Lead Foot. If yoiu screw with it,, dont cry about it.. man up and deal with it.. spend yoiur money and fix it, Intall one of the new Jims 131 inch or somthing... If you really want have some fun, find yourself a cheap sproty for some cheap thrills.

OH My other bike is a retired 2003 CHP King. Burly and i are working on a new name for this one.... 'Killer King'

have fun folks.. one last note, i sure wish some of you would go visit yoiur dealer about yoiur problems rather then rant and rage here. And if you Fu*ked you motor like Hoist and Cheif, then hey" yoiu bought it baby.... no one is going to fix it other then YOU... So stop crying and go fix your precious CVO !!!!!!

skreminegul07

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
    • MA

• CVO1: 2017 Indian Chieftain Limited
« Reply #86 on: October 22, 2007, 10:55:08 AM »

JCZ,

I dont understand you guys. It dosent take long that there are major problems with these CVO 110's YES. I owned one for a very short period unitl i looked up on me at Hwy 395 and Hwy 178 making a right turn.. Ever cross up one of these pigs??? lots of fun. The motor siezed. Dealer in Bakersfield had a new motor less then two weeks, Well, Yup it was going again but i was smart enought to lurk in on a trailer. Six weeks lattter, no fixed bike i demaned my money back, 100%, and got what i wanted to questions asked..

My sporty??? Ask Burly about that one... Sure I'll ride with you but you you'll never keep up, and i love that program on Speed called PINKS..........

Now as far as you cry babies complaing about your new CVO 110's......  Face it, you bought a wortless tank, unless of course you want to spend some major money on the motor side fixing it correctlly. There are so many issuse with this motor, Harely should have never alowed it out the door. If yoiu have one of these,, LEAVE IT BONE STOCK... DONT MESS WITH NOTHEN""".. This motor is designed for EPA, not Lead Foot. If yoiu screw with it,, dont cry about it.. man up and deal with it.. spend yoiur money and fix it, Intall one of the new Jims 131 inch or somthing... If you really want have some fun, find yourself a cheap sproty for some cheap thrills.

OH My other bike is a retired 2003 CHP King. Burly and i are working on a new name for this one.... 'Killer King'

have fun folks.. one last note, i sure wish some of you would go visit yoiur dealer about yoiur problems rather then rant and rage here. And if you Fu*ked you motor like Hoist and Cheif, then hey" yoiu bought it baby.... no one is going to fix it other then YOU... So stop crying and go fix your precious CVO !!!!!!

Do you have anything to offer here?  IMHO (do I need to explain that one to you),   we share experiences, not always good, for discussion and ultimately help each other.  You fire missles. 
Any day on the bike is a good day.

Midnight Rider

• AKA: TCnBham
  • 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2011 SERGU Rio Red (sold)
« Reply #87 on: October 22, 2007, 11:05:18 AM »

JCZ,

First of all, get your facts straight before you start shooting from the hip...to my knowledge, Chief has done nothing to his bike but put an A/C and pipes on, then tuned the bike to run a bit cooler.  90% of all HD owners do this simple mod, and cooling the motor off with more fuel can certainly do no harm in this case.  Hoist chose to go another route and build the motor to his specs, and is still a work in progress.

You are missing the entire point, and obviously there is no need in even attempting an explanation.  Were you born a jerk, or did somebody teach you?
Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight.
I had the right to remain silent, just not the ability...

Gone, but not forgotten...2011 FLTRUSE with
Fullsac X Pipe w/2" Baffles
Legend Air Ride Rear Shocks
Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 Front Suspension
Clearview GT13 Windshield
TTS Mastertune

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #88 on: October 22, 2007, 11:17:25 AM »

JCZ,

If you have nothing constructive to add to the site why bother being here?

To all the rest of the members don't be drawn in to his ignorance that is what he wants. He will NOT disrupt the site.

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #89 on: October 22, 2007, 11:28:47 AM »

If you have nothing constructive to add to the site why bother being here?

To all the rest of the members don't be drawn in to his ignorance that is what he wants. He will NOT disrupt the site.

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:

You're absolutely right Gary. We all know these engines have issues. Now we have this new guy thinking he has all the answers because he got his money back. Woo Hoo, I'm impressed. Way to fix things Sporty! Shows a lot of grit and determination on his part, huh? We have this place to understand them and compare notes. Nobody's F'd up their motors as our illustrious new member has claimed. We've gone our own ways to try and improve them. I do agree with him about these underdesigned 110 in these bikes. Your choice is to continue to deal with HD or take it completely into your own hands, like some of us have done. Either way, we love the bikes enough to deal with the issue head-on, and not give up on them. And yeah, we've earned the right to bitch about them as we go thru these processes we undertake. But we're not taking the easy way out like Sporty over here did. Big deal, he got his money back! Have fun Touring on a Sportster! :P

Hoist! 8)

"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 15

Page created in 0.238 seconds with 24 queries.