Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: HTCC Heads or Stock ported Heads??  (Read 10149 times)

SirMichael

• Senior CVO Member
  • Non Riding for the moment!!
Re: HTCC Heads or Stock ported Heads??
« Reply #15 on: September 10, 2007, 11:48:22 AM »

Change of plans, I decided not to get the 08, I am going to get an 07 instead  :zwtf:
I went back and forth a few times and after talking to someone this weekend, they helped me change my mine back to the 07  :2vrolijk_21:
I can get an 07 for good price now and I can do the motor work whenever I am ready, they won't have any tuners out for awhile on the 08's and who knows how they will be  :nixweiss:

So I will stick to the 07, I will pick it up tomorrow and break it in alittle bit, then go and do the motor in a few weeks.

Motor plan-

SE-103 cylinders  w/ SE flat top forged pistons
    Heads ported & shaved (9.8.1) w/ 50mm t-body matched
    SE 251 cams             
    SERT / high flow A/C
    D & D 2-1 exhaust, w/ dummy pipe
    SE clutch plate kit & spring

Hopefully it should run pretty good, I know there is probably better ways to go, but this is all I need for me :vrolijk_10:

After all this, I'm done   :lolk:

MIKE  :idea3: :idea3: :idea3: :idea3:

« Last Edit: September 17, 2007, 10:55:40 PM by SirMichael103 »

Unbalanced

• FUD Examiner
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 SESG,
    • CVO2: 2004 SEEG Pumpkin,
    • CVO3: 2002 Police Roadking, Maudie and Maybelle Slayer
« Reply #16 on: September 10, 2007, 12:06:21 PM »

SirMichael,

As long as your faster than Tommy it should be ok :)   Good luck with the new ride, and your build.   Let me know how you fair or when you are coming down to see your friends in Edgewater.   Maybe you pry Tommy away to join you for some riding.

-harry

HBRR Florida Chapter,  STILL - The Fastest Chapter - Proven yet again Bikeweek 2017

SirMichael

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #17 on: September 10, 2007, 12:36:24 PM »

SirMichael,

As long as your faster than Tommy it should be ok :)   Good luck with the new ride, and your build.   Let me know how you fair or when you are coming down to see your friends in Edgewater.   Maybe you pry Tommy away to join you for some riding.

-harry

Hey Harry,
    I will definitly get down there sometime soon, I hope!! If I have to, I will just load up tommys bike and lock it in the trailer, then he will have to come down  :2vrolijk_21:

I will get him down there somehow!! Besides, we both owe you & your wife a nice dinner for all the help you have done for us  :beerchug:

Thanks again,

MIKE
   Yah, thats all I do this for, so I
 can beat tommy :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2:

Unbalanced

• FUD Examiner
  • 5k CVO Member

« Reply #18 on: September 10, 2007, 12:41:56 PM »

SirMichael,

Yah, thats all I do this for, so I  can beat tommy :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2:

I know how it is hehe just ask Rhino :)

Look forward to meeting you guys when you finally kidnap him and bring him on down.

HBRR Florida Chapter,  STILL - The Fastest Chapter - Proven yet again Bikeweek 2017

tommyo

• Throttles on the right!
  • Full CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHXSE2
« Reply #19 on: September 11, 2007, 06:51:49 AM »

Don't tell mike but when I'm ready I'll give you a call. Going to build a big bad nasty ride and need your help... LOL! Something that is going to tear the tips off the 'ol Rineharts! Maybe see you in the spring.
When in doubt... GAS it!!!

Starting over!!

SirMichael

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #20 on: September 11, 2007, 09:04:53 AM »

Don't tell mike but when I'm ready I'll give you a call. Going to build a big bad nasty ride and need your help... LOL! Something that is going to tear the tips off the 'ol Rineharts! Maybe see you in the spring.
After Tommy calls you, I will give you a call and talk to you about that 124  :o  :o

SirMichael

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #21 on: September 12, 2007, 10:25:22 PM »

Got the bike today :bananarock: :bananarock: Put about 60 miles on it. Tommy and I will ride tommorow, about 200 miles probably.
 I will do the motor in about two weeks, can't wait  :bigok: I have most of the stuff for it already, just have to send the heads & throttle body out to be done, then I can do the motor once they come back!!

Will get some pics up soon!!

MIKE :coolblue:

Unbalanced

• FUD Examiner
  • 5k CVO Member

« Reply #22 on: September 12, 2007, 11:59:03 PM »

Mikey you knew it was coming and I couldnt disappoint ya 

:worthless:

SirMichael

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #23 on: September 13, 2007, 09:12:23 AM »

Yah, I knew it was coming, I'll get them up soon  :huepfenpinkie: :huepfenpinkie:

Going riding with Tommy now, be back later!!

Be nice to me, you know you have to ride the bike before you take pictures of the thing, am I right  :vrolijk_10: :vrolijk_10:

Later
                                                     MIKE

SirMichael

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #24 on: September 17, 2007, 11:00:18 PM »

Change of plans, I decided not to get the 08, I am going to get an 07 instead  :zwtf:
I went back and forth a few times and after talking to someone this weekend, they helped me change my mine back to the 07  :2vrolijk_21:
I can get an 07 for good price now and I can do the motor work whenever I am ready, they won't have any tuners out for awhile on the 08's and who knows how they will be  :nixweiss:

So I will stick to the 07, I will pick it up tomorrow and break it in alittle bit, then go and do the motor in a few weeks.

Motor plan-

SE-103 cylinders  w/ SE flat top forged pistons
    Heads ported & shaved (9.8.1) w/ 50mm t-body matched
    SE 251 cams             
    SERT / high flow A/C
    D & D 2-1 exhaust, w/ dummy pipe
    SE clutch plate kit & spring

Hopefully it should run pretty good, I know there is probably better ways to go, but this is all I need for me :vrolijk_10:

After all this, I'm done   :lolk:

MIKE  :idea3: :idea3: :idea3: :idea3:

Harry,
 I am still waiting to get your approval on my motor plan, it goes in next week!!

I know you like to use other products, but this shouldn't be to bad, Huh?? :nixweiss:

Let me know what you think!

Later

SirMichael

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #25 on: September 17, 2007, 11:05:55 PM »

Mikey you knew it was coming and I couldnt disappoint ya 

:worthless:

Unbalanced

• FUD Examiner
  • 5k CVO Member

« Reply #26 on: September 18, 2007, 03:25:55 PM »

Sir Michael,

Depending on who does the headwork, this combination should yield you in the neighborhood of 100 / 100.
You may get a little more you may get a little less the headwork should determine that as well as the tune.   The 03 anniversary Ultra I did the motor work on was very similiar to this build.   The results on Orlando Harley's dyno for that 103 was 117 / 109 with 251 cam, but that was 10.5 to 1 compression and Al Redman did the headwork.

Personally I would rather see you looking at a cam that has a quicker closing intake like a 570 cam from Wes Brown or any of the other cams like it that are out there.   It will help you get that bagger moving, but I can't knock the combination for reliability or its ability to run decently.   One other thing I say to consider is instead of buying the Harley throttlebody the 50 to look at the horsepower inc 51 mm throttle body it has a much larger intake and air volume flow to it.   Whatever throttlebody you decide on, send it to the person doing your heads so they can match the flow up together with the heads they are doing the work on.

I think it is a safe build that will yield good reliability and decent performance for you until Tommy decides to step up to the plate and spend some money :)

SirMichael

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #27 on: September 18, 2007, 11:16:43 PM »

Sir Michael,

Depending on who does the headwork, this combination should yield you in the neighborhood of 100 / 100.
You may get a little more you may get a little less the headwork should determine that as well as the tune.   The 03 anniversary Ultra I did the motor work on was very similiar to this build.   The results on Orlando Harley's dyno for that 103 was 117 / 109 with 251 cam, but that was 10.5 to 1 compression and Al Redman did the headwork.

Personally I would rather see you looking at a cam that has a quicker closing intake like a 570 cam from Wes Brown or any of the other cams like it that are out there.   It will help you get that bagger moving, but I can't knock the combination for reliability or its ability to run decently.   One other thing I say to consider is instead of buying the Harley throttlebody the 50 to look at the horsepower inc 51 mm throttle body it has a much larger intake and air volume flow to it.   Whatever throttlebody you decide on, send it to the person doing your heads so they can match the flow up together with the heads they are doing the work on.

I think it is a safe build that will yield good reliability and decent performance for you until Tommy decides to step up to the plate and spend some money :)

Thanks harry,

I am having them match the 50mm t-body to the heads. I was guessing numbers in about the same range 102/104 maybe more, we'll see!! :nixweiss:

I'll post everything when it gets done!! :2vrolijk_21:

Later
 Tommy spend money  :ROFLOL:
« Last Edit: September 18, 2007, 11:20:17 PM by SirMichael103 »
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.187 seconds with 24 queries.