Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9  All

Author Topic: Whudjya Pay?  (Read 11596 times)

HarleySoftailer

Whudjya Pay?
« on: September 10, 2007, 11:11:43 AM »

As I continue my search for an '08 CVO Ultra, I'm amazed at all the reasons the dealers give me for why they are charging over MSRP?

Some of my favorites include "They are rare"...  OK, let's work it out...  4200 CVO Ultras for '08.  1800 are Anniversary editions.  Which means that 3400 of the 4200 are either the Red/Silver or White/Silver combo.  Now if my math is correct, knowing that The MoCo did an even distribution across the line that means that there are...  let's see here 3400 divided by 2...  You guessed it approx 1700 Red/Silver and 1800 White/Silver models to be made.  So much for rarity.

Then there is the "once they're gone, they're gone" line.  Indeed - so how do you explain the fact that there are seven '07 CVO Ultras currently available on eBay.  Four with under 1000 miles and two with less than 200 miles on the clock.  So much for the once-in-a-lifetime argument.

I particularly liked the guy who told me that retail prices are set by the MoCo.  I won't even begin to discuss the variety of reasons that one doesn't hold water.

Just once I'd like to hear a salesman say to me "because the owner of the dealership is a greedy sumbitch who likes scrooin the customers".

OK - with that rant out of the way - tell me...  How many of you got your CVO new for MSRP or less?  I'm curious if it can actually be done.

Harley.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2007, 08:18:50 AM by HarleySoftailer »
If I can't ride it, eat it, scratch it or change its channel, then I don't need it.

Woop De Doo

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
Re: Whudjya Pay?
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2007, 11:17:17 AM »

I got my 07 CUSE2 at MSRP- no setup fees, no shipping fees. I bought it at Cox's Northern Tier HD in Mansfield, Pa.

Don S

HarleySoftailer

« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2007, 11:20:57 AM »

I know they're out there...  the fun is going to be finding my new CVO.  I gotta tell you though, I'd like to hear some good news about the 110" before I write the check.
If I can't ride it, eat it, scratch it or change its channel, then I don't need it.

bdas2

• Senior CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2007, 11:51:24 AM »

both of mine at msrp at Lancaster Harley

Coolbreeze

• 1K CVO Member
  • Bridge to nowhere...
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2007, 11:55:47 AM »

Both at just a little bit under MSRP.  Great price, lousy service.  hmmm.....   :soapbox:
2005 Red SEEG
2002 Low Rider
New Kitchen
New Laundry Room
Two New Nieces! (w/ frayed Brother-in-Law)

Midnight Rider

• AKA: TCnBham
  • 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2011 SERGU Rio Red (sold)
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2007, 12:05:33 PM »

I know they're out there...  the fun is going to be finding my new CVO.  I gotta tell you though, I'd like to hear some good news about the 110" before I write the check.

I got mine for MSRP, but did pay freight and set up fees.  I will pay those, but drove 250 miles to get MSRP, as the two local dealers (owned by the same guy) wouldn't budge off 3K over.  

Got mine at Mobile Bay HD in Alabama.  So far as I know, they are still an MSRP dealer.
Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight.
I had the right to remain silent, just not the ability...

Gone, but not forgotten...2011 FLTRUSE with
Fullsac X Pipe w/2" Baffles
Legend Air Ride Rear Shocks
Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 Front Suspension
Clearview GT13 Windshield
TTS Mastertune

HarleySoftailer

« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2007, 12:10:36 PM »

I've always wanted to run the length of of Route 66 on a Harley.  Maybe I'll find a bike in Southern California and ride it home via The Motherroad.

Gecko

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2007, 12:11:51 PM »

MSPR at all the bikes at Walker's in Pacific Jct. Iowa.
2007 SERK3, SERT, V&H Dresser Duals, Monster Ovals, IDS, HID, knocking sound, valve noise.

If you think it's the journey not the destination you don't live in Nebraska.

Hugh Janis

• Jim
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE2 Cherry and Black
« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2007, 12:21:18 PM »

I've always wanted to run the length of of Route 66 on a Harley.  Maybe I'll find a bike in Southern California and ride it home via The Motherroad.

Paid MSRP at Buffalo Harley Davidson.  It never made it to the showroom.  I saw it in the setup area and gave $500 down to hold it.

Harley did a rt 66 ride this summer.  It was two weeks.  An accompanying truck carried luggage for those involved.  I wonder if a Harley mechanic was driving the truck? :cherry:
"I don't mind coming to work,
But that eight hour wait to go home is a bitch."

Click link for BBQ song..   http://www.collegehumor.com/video:1825742

Steve_G

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
    • SD

• CVO1: 2006 FLHTUSE Watermelon (traded)
    • CVO2: 2008 FLHTUSE3 Anniversary (traded)
    • CVO3: 2022 FLHTKSE Hightail Yellow
« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2007, 01:00:07 PM »

Retail- PLUS!! :(
If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies!

Wrongway

• Stop Following Me!
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • What A Beautiful Mess I'm In......
    • CA

• CVO1: 2014 FLHTKSE Burgundy Blaze/Typhoon Maroon aka Mongo
    • CVO2: Gone:2005 FLHTCSE2 Cherry, Teal, 2006 FLHTCUSE Crimson
« Reply #10 on: September 10, 2007, 01:07:09 PM »

Same as bdas2, Antelope Valley H.D. (Lancaster, Ca.), msrp, no freight or set up fees. One of the owners also has a Honda car dealership and I got my 2006 Civic at msrp when others were charging 2-3K over.

LRebel

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #11 on: September 10, 2007, 01:58:47 PM »

I bought my 08 SEUC at MSRP + $900 (freight & set-up).  This included the 1K service, which according to the dealer is $325.  I had to travel to ProTeam HD in Lawton, Okla., as the two dealers within a few miles of my office in OKC are CRAZY. :huepfenjump3:  The OKC dealers sell bikes, I just don't buy them.
Foreman's HD in Stillwater, Okla. also sells at MSRP + freight & set-up.

skreminegul07

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
    • MA

• CVO1: 2017 Indian Chieftain Limited
« Reply #12 on: September 10, 2007, 02:38:08 PM »

As I continue my search for an '08 CVO Ultra, I'm amazed at all the reasons the dealers give me for why they are charging over MSRP?

Some of my favorites include "They are rare"...  OK, let's work it out...  4200 CVO Ultras for '08.  1800 are Anniversary editions.  Which means that 3600 of the 4200 are either the Red/Silver or White/Silver combo.  Now if my math is correct, knowing that The MoCo did an even distribution across the line that means that there are...  let's see here 3600 divided by 2...  You guessed it approx 1800 Red/Silver and 1800 White/Silver models to be made.  So much for rarity.

Then there is the "once they're gone, they're gone" line.  Indeed - so how do you explain the fact that there are seven '07 CVO Ultras currently available on eBay.  Four with under 1000 miles and two with less than 200 miles on the clock.   So much for the once-in-a-lifetime argument.

I particularly liked the guy who told me that retail prices are set by the MoCo.  I won't even begin to discuss the variety of reasons that one doesn't hold water.

Just once I'd like to hear a salesman say to me "because the owner of the dealership is a greedy sumbitch who likes scrooin the customers".

OK - with that rant out of the way - tell me...  How many of you got your CVO new for MSRP or less?  I'm curious if it can actually be done.

Harley.

They must have discovered the issues with the 110" that are going to happen and bailed out.  I'm jealous.
Any day on the bike is a good day.

deucedog

« Reply #13 on: September 10, 2007, 03:24:27 PM »

I always love this topic.  I shopped at least 30 different dealers in California, we have 72 last count.  We finally placed our deposit with Mitchell's HD in Modesto for our CVO Anniversary Ultra that is supposed to ship on 9/11/07.  We will drive 320 miles one way to pick up the bike when it arrives.  These people have been wonderful to work with.  Only a few were at MSRP along with Mitchell's.  All had a reasonable set-up and freight in addition to the MSRP.  Of the few dealers at true MSRP ($35,000-$35590 for the CA Emissions Anniversary), only a couple dealers had available inventory standing, or with no name on an inbound bike.  There is a few bikes standing on showroom floors around Socal at $2-$5K over MSRP. 

My wife and I have owned 3 HD's, a Deuce first back in 04, then a RK and Ultra.  We finally sold our bikes privately and we received several thousands more selling them ourselves than on a trade-in (some dealers we spoke with wouldn't even take the trades).  So we are happy with the price we received from the sales.  We decided one HD is enough for both of us and couldn't think of a better choice than the CVO Ultra Anniversary model.  My wife doesn't ride, she prefers being a passenger, so our old Ultra was getting most of the use, the RK was not used too much.  While we're very concerned about all of the issues with the 110's, we still want the CVO Ultra.  Yesterday I took her over to look at the new Goldwing.  Her comment was, "that's a bike for people who are too old to be riding a motorcycle".  The 'wings are nice bikes, but we just don't feel the same "soul" coming out of the Honda like we do the Harley's. 

We're already figuring we'll have to put another $1500-$2000 on her for pipes and a tune, but as much as I (and many of you on the forum here) bi*tch and hate having to do all that extra stuff, we still love the bikes and hate the alternatives more. 

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #14 on: September 10, 2007, 04:11:01 PM »

Paid MSRP plus freight and setup for my '04 SEEG. Purchased from Sheltons H-D in Smithfield N.C.

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9  All

Page created in 0.189 seconds with 24 queries.