Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5  All

Author Topic: Why buy any SE-110 bike ??  (Read 6343 times)

sfarson

• On a Ride
  • Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSE3

• CVO1: 2007 FLHRSE3
Re: Why buy any SE-bike ??
« Reply #30 on: September 16, 2007, 01:43:17 AM »

My reasons for going with the '07 SERK...

- Wanted an H-D not seen often.  Have only seen one other SERK this past riding season.  Have probably seen 1000 RK's, FB's, EG's, (each) etc... and they all looked the same despite "custom" touches.  But this is me.

- Smitten with the 110".  I know it might not be the most potent H-D powerplant, but I still bought the bike for cruising, not stoplight dragging.  There's always a faster bike out there.  Wanted something to haul me up and down the mountains without fuss.  The SERK loves the inclines and wants more.

- Get a kick out of its design touches, features, accessories... the paint, the gauges, the cruise, the tasteful chrome sets, the appearance, etc.

FWIW, just returned from a 184 mile ride today, had fun keeping pace with a XX Blackbird (Used to have one) in the curves, and still no problems, issues, or woes with the '07 SERK.  Continues to be perfect since Dec '06 delivery (Incl. harsh winter riding).  From a recent ride...

« Last Edit: September 16, 2007, 01:48:51 AM by sfarson »

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #31 on: September 18, 2007, 01:03:47 AM »

I was just curious, why do alot of guys buy the SE-bikes?? For a hot engine and some extra chrome  :nixweiss:
 I owned a regular 07 H-D roadking and did the 103 kit plus some extras on it and I could smoke the SE-110's!! :'(  :'( It is much cheaper and it did not run as hot as the 110's!!

I am just wondering :confused5: :confused5: I am not being sarcastic, maybe this has been a topic before, but I just don't understand why :nixweiss:

Hoist even said that most guys customize their bike anyways to make it more their own style, so why buy an SE-bike that is already customized by some designer that you don't even know  :confused5: :confused5:

Just curious  :huh2:

MIKE

Don't get carried away there Mike! :P

The starting platform, at least on a SERK, can't be ordered or bought on a standard RK. Wider swingarm with 17" 170 rears and 18" fronts, make it unique right there. The overall ride and look can't easily be duplicated. The 110 needs help, but given that help, you ain't smokin' one with your 103! ::)

Then there's enough of cosmetics that also help make it unique. By the time you're done trying to equal the things on the bike, you'll spend more.

If all you want is a good running stock bike, get one, and do the 103. But if you want to produce the bike of your dreams, it's a much better platform to start with! ;)

Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

Kodiak

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #32 on: September 18, 2007, 06:07:04 AM »

Me & My True Love!
2012 Candy Cobalt Twilight Blue FLTRXSE, Vance & Hines Power Duals, 4" Rinehart's, SE Super Tuner, Mustang Super Solo with backrest &  passenger seat.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #33 on: September 18, 2007, 10:28:24 AM »

Why buy the CVO bike?  For me the answer was obvious and immediate.  I saw one.  Fell in lust.

Reason was the paint scheme.

For the amount of money these things cost it better reach out and grab you.  Mine did for me.

Didnt' know in any great detail what made up a CVO model before seeing one of the red SEEGs.  Saw one, found out what they cost, did enough homework to find out that the additional cost could at least be rationalized if not justified.  And six weeks later was on the bike. 

Lucky enough that the dealer had one already on order that was not spoken for.  So saw the first one I'd ever seen one day, did a little research that night and had my name on one the next day to arrive about six weeks later.  For the SEEGs back in 04 and 05 that was pretty good.

SirMichael

• Senior CVO Member
  • Non Riding for the moment!!
« Reply #34 on: September 18, 2007, 11:18:22 AM »

Don't get carried away there Mike! :P

The starting platform, at least on a SERK, can't be ordered or bought on a standard RK. Wider swingarm with 17" 170 rears and 18" fronts, make it unique right there. The overall ride and look can't easily be duplicated. The 110 needs help, but given that help, you ain't smokin' one with your 103! ::)

Then there's enough of cosmetics that also help make it unique. By the time you're done trying to equal the things on the bike, you'll spend more.

If all you want is a good running stock bike, get one, and do the 103. But if you want to produce the bike of your dreams, it's a much better platform to start with! ;)

Hoist! 8)
You are right about that Hoist, the 110's do need help :'( I agree, if you dump some $$$ into them, they might do ok, but for the $$$$ that you spend on the new CVO bikes, they should run alot better and definitly shouldn't have all the issues that they are having, right :nixweiss:

I would think for that amount of money, you shouldn't have to do much of anything to it, except ride it!! I understand some things, exhaust, A/C, and Tuner, but not have to have it fixed all the time and worry why it's hot all the time too! :confused5:

Even with the exhaust, A/C, and Tuner, I will still smoke ya  :o  :o   :2vrolijk_21:

Later Dude
                                                                 MIKE :coolblue:

sfarson

• On a Ride
  • Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSE3

• CVO1: 2007 FLHRSE3
« Reply #35 on: September 18, 2007, 12:30:27 PM »

You are right about that Hoist, the 110's do need help :'( I agree, if you dump some $$$ into them, they might do ok, but for the $$$$ that you spend on the new CVO bikes, they should run alot better and definitly shouldn't have all the issues that they are having, right :nixweiss:

I would think for that amount of money, you shouldn't have to do much of anything to it, except ride it!! I understand some things, exhaust, A/C, and Tuner, but not have to have it fixed all the time and worry why it's hot all the time too! :confused5:

Even with the exhaust, A/C, and Tuner, I will still smoke ya  :o  :o   :2vrolijk_21:

Later Dude

I haven't had to do anything to it.   I optionally added slip-ons and this is it.  No problems or issues.  I just ride it.  The bike as is, is already more than enough for cruising.  Arguably, the 96" is as well.  If you're into straight line drag racing there's always a faster bike.  It is silly to thump the chest for cruiser performance.  They are so far behind that of other motorcycle classes.  Besides, as racer Nick Ienatsch noted in his book, "Any monkey with a right hand can twist the throttle."  Curves are where it is at for me; it is the rider not the bike.

But if the narrow scope is cruisers, you wouldn't smoke me if I brought this thing, on the straights or in the curves :)...

Or even brought this.  As noted above, it is silly to crow about straightline cruiser performance...

« Last Edit: September 18, 2007, 05:48:19 PM by sfarson »

Ghost Rider

• 1K CVO Member
  • EBCM # WHORE

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE2 Kermit
    • CVO2: 2015 Victory Ness Magnum #31 of 299
    • CVO3: 2013 Can-Am Spyder RTS
« Reply #36 on: September 18, 2007, 12:43:35 PM »

I haven't had to do anything to it.   I optionally added slip-ons and this is it.  No problems or issues.  I just ride it.  The bike as is, is already more than enough for cruising.  Arguably, the 96" is as well.  If you're into straight line drag racing there's always a faster bike.  It is silly to thump the chest for cruiser performance.  They are so far behind that of other motorcycle classes.  Besides, as racer Nick Ienatsch noted in his book, "Any monkey with a right hand can twist the throttle."  Curves are where it is at for me; here it is the rider not the bike.

But if the narrow scope is cruisers, you wouldn't smoke me if I brought this thing, on the straights or in the curves :)...

Scott, just a word of advice.  Be careful posting pictures of this v-rod.  Hogbreath saw one at Hot Springs, and he's got a hankerin' to ride one.   :jack:

The Mysterious Q!

• Keep the shiny side up and ride it like you stole it.
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • This town needs an enema!
    • CT
« Reply #37 on: September 18, 2007, 04:19:13 PM »

Those are 2 sweet looking scoots.  :2vrolijk_21:  Later,Q
When I grow up I want to be a SEEG 2002 FLHRSEI Rineharts Wild1 Apes Beaucoup Chrome Corbin Seat Wimmer Billet Breather and Spike Filter Beautiful Billet Power Commander PCIII USB LED Skull Horn Cover Skull everything Lyndall Z Pads Xtreme Machine Shredder 18's Metzeler ME 880's Xtra Lights HID

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #38 on: September 18, 2007, 07:18:24 PM »

Later Dude

Agreed Mike, they should. Even if they charge more and then finally put real engines in them! :o

I hope you're coming to MV with that new 103. If my bike doesn't blow up again, yours will, trying to catch this 110! ;D

Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

SirMichael

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #39 on: September 18, 2007, 10:58:51 PM »

I haven't had to do anything to it.   I optionally added slip-ons and this is it.  No problems or issues.  I just ride it.  The bike as is, is already more than enough for cruising.  Arguably, the 96" is as well.  If you're into straight line drag racing there's always a faster bike.  It is silly to thump the chest for cruiser performance.  They are so far behind that of other motorcycle classes.  Besides, as racer Nick Ienatsch noted in his book, "Any monkey with a right hand can twist the throttle."  Curves are where it is at for me; it is the rider not the bike.

Or even brought this.  As noted above, it is silly to crow about straightline cruiser performance...

Not even in the same class  :duhk: thats like bringing a knife to a gun fight  :duhk:

SirMichael

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #40 on: September 18, 2007, 11:06:22 PM »

Agreed Mike, they should. Even if they charge more and then finally put real engines in them! :o

I hope you're coming to MV with that new 103. If my bike doesn't blow up again, yours will, trying to catch this 110! ;D

Hoist! 8)

What is MV and when is it anyways?? My bike should be done at the end of next week some time, I hope anyways  :confused5: :confused5:
 I like watching all you guys on your 110's over heat and/or blow up  :o :o   :huepfenjump3:

Later
                                                           bad a$$ 103 :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2:
« Last Edit: September 18, 2007, 11:08:54 PM by SirMichael103 »

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #41 on: September 18, 2007, 11:11:58 PM »

What is MV and when is it anyways?? My bike should be done at the end of next week some time, I hope anyways  :confused5: :confused5:
 I like watching all you guys on your 110's over heat and/or blow up  :o :o   :huepfenjump3:

Later
                                                           bad a$$ 103 :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2:
Check out this thread - Maggie Valley 2007.

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

SirMichael

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #42 on: September 18, 2007, 11:25:32 PM »

Check out this thread - Maggie Valley 2007.

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
So is still on or not?? If so, when & where??

Rides2007Harley

« Reply #43 on: September 19, 2007, 12:04:38 PM »

There is no way I could have added the custom paint, wheels, all the chrome and the engine mods for anything close to what I paid for my bike.  Besides, it was love at first sight and who cares if the MoCo customized it or me, if it has the look it really doesn't matter.

I have had zero issues so far and my bike doesn't seem to run any hotter than my stock Ultra.

As for you smoking my 110, you would have to prove that to me!  :huepfenlol2:

Smiler

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #44 on: September 19, 2007, 12:38:39 PM »

Paint Job
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5  All

Page created in 0.3 seconds with 20 queries.