Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2  All

Author Topic: Where's MY bike?  (Read 3623 times)

courter

• Senior CVO Member
  • Enjoying the RIDE!!

• CVO1: 2008 FLHTCUSE3 Canyon/Silver
    • CVO2: 2002 FLHRSEI Purple/Silver Flames
Where's MY bike?
« on: September 17, 2007, 09:42:18 PM »

I keep reading about folks getting their bikes a week early or that it shipped today, etc.  Mine was supposed to ship on August 3rd and still hasn't shipped.  The sales manager at the dealership has told me that the computer still shows a projected ship date of 8/3 and it hasn't updated.  They suspect it has something to do with the MOCO's slowdown, but I don't buy it.  They got their SERK last week, but not my CUSE. 

Am I being fed a line at the dealer?  I have not seen any computer screens or printouts that show the "projected" ship date, but I'm running out of season.  Have you had any experience with this?  What are the right questions to ask?  Is there someone I can talk to about this other than the sales manager at the dealer?

It wouldn't be so dire if I hadn't trusted that it would be in on time and sold my scooter already.  I sure do miss riding.  I'm not completely without wheels, but my wife's 92 XL1200 isn't quite enough for me.

Dave

bdas2

• Senior CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
Re: Where's MY bike?
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2007, 11:25:01 PM »

that sucks....have your dealer call moco in front of you and check his computer with you there

courter

• Senior CVO Member
  • Enjoying the RIDE!!

« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2007, 07:06:26 AM »

Thanks bdas2.  I think I will head over there today and find out what the real story is.  I realized just after I posted this that there has been a discussion about arrival times of the SEUC and that others are delayed also, but not having a date is frustrating.

mr_magoo

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 04 SEEG Orange & Black All Attitude
    • CVO2: 08 CUSE Copper Canyon & Stardust Silver the Cruiser
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2007, 09:07:37 AM »

Unfortunatly the dealers are as in the dark as we are as to where all the bikes are.  HD just doesn't tell the dealers.  My dealer said they pulled all phase 2 bikes back,  must be hard to sell a bike if you are not sure you will get it.
2008FLHTCUSE3 Copper Canyon & Stardust Silver
Freedom Gear drive cams, Elite D Exhaust.

2004 SEEG Pumpkin
freedom exhaust
power commander
W/ American legend trailer<br

courter

• Senior CVO Member
  • Enjoying the RIDE!!

« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2007, 09:26:26 AM »

My dealer told me the same thing -- that the Phase II orders are all held or cancelled.  This was part of the Phase I shipment that they have not received.  It seems like since it's sold they would want to ship it!

deucedog

« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2007, 10:09:44 AM »

I am waiting for the Anniversary CVO Ultra.  My ship date was a week ago.  Moco told the dealer mine was delayed 2-4 weeks.  No reason cited.   :confused5:

Mrs Red Hot

• Harley Lover
  • Senior CVO Member
  • One sweet ride and Red Hot!
« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2007, 10:29:55 AM »

I keep reading about folks getting their bikes a week early or that it shipped today, etc.  Mine was supposed to ship on August 3rd and still hasn't shipped.  The sales manager at the dealership has told me that the computer still shows a projected ship date of 8/3 and it hasn't updated.  They suspect it has something to do with the MOCO's slowdown, but I don't buy it.  They got their SERK last week, but not my CUSE. 

Am I being fed a line at the dealer?  I have not seen any computer screens or printouts that show the "projected" ship date, but I'm running out of season.  Have you had any experience with this?  What are the right questions to ask?  Is there someone I can talk to about this other than the sales manager at the dealer?

It wouldn't be so dire if I hadn't trusted that it would be in on time and sold my scooter already.  I sure do miss riding.  I'm not completely without wheels, but my wife's 92 XL1200 isn't quite enough for me.

Dave

Dave, my husband's 08 SE Ultra was suppose to ship out on 8/30 along with one that our dealer is getting for himself. Both of these bikes haven't arrived yet either!! These two bikes are a part of the phase 1 orders too and like you why would they want one to sit around that was already a sold unit. Dealer said he doesn't know why, but I believe he told my husband he was going to call and see what he can find out. Will let you know when we hear something. Sandy
« Last Edit: September 18, 2007, 10:33:09 AM by Mrs Red Hot »
Sandy :)

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • CVO2: 2005 FLHTCSE
    • CVO3: 2002 FXDWG3
« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2007, 10:43:59 AM »

My dealer told me the same thing -- that the Phase II orders are all held or cancelled.  This was part of the Phase I shipment that they have not received.  It seems like since it's sold they would want to ship it!

Sorry you are in the pickle, but many of us have gone through it and many more will.  The MoCo really doesn't do any kind of a job telling the dealers what's up as stated earlier here.

In '06 mine was a couple of months late and then we all went through the paint issues.  All in all it worked out and I'm sure yours will too. 

Just keep making that list longer of the mods you are looking forward to making when it gets here.  Good luck and I hope it ships soon.

deucedog

« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2007, 01:02:12 PM »

Moco cites lower demand, lower revenues, announces plant shutdowns and then delays delivery of the bikes.  You'd think they'd want to cut invoices and generate revenue as fast as possible.  Go figure... :nixweiss:

In the meantime, a bunch of us are sitting around with no bikes yet.  Oh well. 

Cerdo

• Senior CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2007, 01:19:03 PM »

I am waiting for the Anniversary CVO Ultra.  My ship date was 9/7, moved to 9/28 and now the dealer tells me 9/25!  We will see what happens.

Cerdo
Andy

deucedog

« Reply #10 on: September 18, 2007, 02:02:58 PM »

I am waiting for the Anniversary CVO Ultra.  My ship date was 9/7, moved to 9/28 and now the dealer tells me 9/25!  We will see what happens.

Cerdo

Are you in Illinois?

courter

• Senior CVO Member
  • Enjoying the RIDE!!

« Reply #11 on: September 19, 2007, 05:11:27 PM »

Did not get to visit the dealer, but called the SM again yesterday.  She told me that the ship date has still not updated, but that she talked to the MOCO and was told that it is a supplier issue.  She was not given any specific information, which was no suprise.  She gave me her e-mail address so I can stay in touch that way too...  I'll give more when I get it.

Dave

VAZHOG

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #12 on: September 19, 2007, 05:43:57 PM »

Life is too short to have only one motorcycle - You should go ahead a buy another bike to ride while you wait  ;D

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • CVO2: 2005 FLHTCSE
    • CVO3: 2002 FXDWG3
« Reply #13 on: September 19, 2007, 07:01:58 PM »

Life is too short to have only one motorcycle - You should go ahead a buy another bike to ride while you wait  ;D

Better buy one from stock otherwise it may not show up until the other one has arrived and is worn out ::)

Cerdo

• Senior CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #14 on: September 19, 2007, 08:37:41 PM »

Are you in Illinois?

Cleveland, OH area!

Cerdo
Andy
Pages: [1] 2  All

Page created in 0.163 seconds with 24 queries.