Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All

Author Topic: Are you happy with your 103?  (Read 5187 times)

MikeD

Re: Are you happy with your 103?
« Reply #15 on: October 05, 2007, 02:53:00 PM »

and another...

MikeD

« Reply #16 on: October 05, 2007, 02:53:31 PM »

and of course of my beloved SEFTBY!

MikeD

« Reply #17 on: October 05, 2007, 02:54:22 PM »

oops, here it is.

nidan

• 1K CVO Member
  • Keep the breeze between your knees

• CVO1: 02 FWDWG3 Stage IV 95 -sold
« Reply #18 on: October 05, 2007, 03:08:36 PM »

I'm loving my 103 stg II /SERT  , and after riding the 110's I don't really see that much difference
CVO -'02 FWDWG3 Stage IV 95 -sold
'07 FLHX Stage II 103 95hp/111lbs ft
'09 FJR 1300- 145hp /99 lbs ft
2011 Mustang GT 412hp/390 lbs ft

Midnight Rider

• AKA: TCnBham
  • 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2011 SERGU Rio Red (sold)
« Reply #19 on: October 05, 2007, 03:27:04 PM »

Nice bike, Mike...the 'Nanners are pretty bikes, and there ain't no mistakin' one when you see it coming down the road  :2vrolijk_21:

I see some OCD things you need to do to her though... ;D
Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight.
I had the right to remain silent, just not the ability...

Gone, but not forgotten...2011 FLTRUSE with
Fullsac X Pipe w/2" Baffles
Legend Air Ride Rear Shocks
Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 Front Suspension
Clearview GT13 Windshield
TTS Mastertune

AUSSIE_FLSTFSE

• 1K CVO Member
  • Aussie

• CVO1: FLSTFSE
    • Aussie's home page
« Reply #20 on: October 05, 2007, 03:46:10 PM »

I was all set to get a new 2007 model, when I read about the heat and noise problems.
I decided instead to get a used bike with some bling, so I bought a 2005 SE Fat Boy. I have had it a little over a year and have been very happy with the performance.  I haven't had any problems to date. 
Tom

Nice looking bike, we dont have many members with red 05 SEFB's. Take it from me you did make the best model choice!

Cheers
Aussie
FATBOYS RULE

OCD is a disease

AUSSIE_FLSTFSE

• 1K CVO Member
  • Aussie

• CVO1: FLSTFSE
    • Aussie's home page
« Reply #21 on: October 05, 2007, 03:51:38 PM »

Good times Aussie, you'r pretty good my friend.  When are you coming over here to Walmart, aka the great USA?  Daytona trip, march, I'll probably have my fat boy unsold by then if you wanted to ride.

You should not temp me like that! I have enough things on my mind at the moment to think about.

Both your rides are looking really sweet!

Cheers
Aussie

PS: I still want one of these.............
« Last Edit: October 05, 2007, 03:54:20 PM by AUSSIE_FLSTFSE »
FATBOYS RULE

OCD is a disease

MikeD

« Reply #22 on: October 05, 2007, 05:56:24 PM »

TC-suggestions? I already did the Rineharts and all of the headlight trim rings, passing and turns, etc.  My next small project with be to expand my led's they're amber right now.  I'm not sure about the color though.  Then come my wheels.  I'm definitely changing them to some Renegades, possibly South Beach style with  either 21 or 18 in the front and a 18 in the rear.  After that, there wont be much.  I love the bike, I'm taking it to the North Georgia Mtns this weekend just for a day ride with the Fiancee'.  I have to update the pics.

Stratus

• Go fast or dont go.
  • www.lakecharlespilots.com
« Reply #23 on: October 05, 2007, 10:49:02 PM »

i had 6500 miles on my 103 before the upgrade, and loved it. now with the 124......woot!
My Gallery:cucumber:
2006 FLSTFSE2 Autumn Haze
131 R&R Motor w/Billet oval heads w/comp release
HP 151.5/TQ 163
Horsepower Inc. 58mm Throttlebody
Speed's High Velocity Air Cleaner
Static Compression Ratio 10.8:1
S&S Crankshaft
Camshaft S&S 640
SERT
Rivera pro clutch
8mm hypo wires
R&B Racing LSR 2-1 Pro Stock 124 2" primaries C style 17" collector
Brembo Calipers/Rotors Front and Rear

tmitchellofpg

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #24 on: October 06, 2007, 04:33:30 PM »

Nice looking bike, we dont have many members with red 05 SEFB's. Take it from me you did make the best model choice!

Cheers
Aussie

Thanks for the complement. I wonder why you don't see more of the red/black, color, 2005, SE Fat Boys? They should of made the same amount of them, as the other color models.
Tom

JR

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Be Still and Know that I AM God
    • TN

• CVO1: 2012 ULTRA FLHTCUSE7
    • CVO2: 2005 SEEG FLHTCSE2
    • CVO3: 2000 SERG FLTRSEI
    • photobucket.com
« Reply #25 on: October 06, 2007, 04:41:27 PM »

MikeD

We need pictures. And yes the 05 Yellow SEEG is awsome looking

Thank ya...Thank ya very much!!! :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2: :huepfenjump3: :bananarock:

kona76

• Elite CVO Member
  • Screamin' Eagle Rocks the SFV !!

• CVO1: 2005 FLSTFSE Screamin' Eagle FatBoy Slate Gray with Metal Grind
    • CVO2: 2008 FLHRSE4 Screamin' Eagle RoadKing Black Diamond with Silver Mist & Ghost Flames
    • CVO3: 2010 Screamin' Eagle FatKing Monster CVO with Jims 124" 200 HP / 200 TQ (dreamin of)
« Reply #26 on: October 06, 2007, 08:07:43 PM »

I got's to tell ya, I love my 103....until that is I blew up and bent the push rod, exhaust valve, springs, seats, etc....Still, I love that 103".

About that yellow SEEG...It is fantastic looking. Period.

And finally, I have purchased (and waiting for ) a 2008 SE Road King with hopes they have worked out the heat problems, the noise and other bugs the 110" has exhibited.

Gonna love that 110" cause I want to and because the price demands love. It says damn it, love me or I will OCD you again, and again, and again.....

Mike K.
Kona76
FLSTFSE SE FatBoy & all the OCD Fixin's Top Notch Bar Hopper with hella HorsePower,Torque & Performance. Don't try this one at home, alone.

FLHRSE4 SE RoadKing Semi Stock Bagger for High Speed Power & Long Hauls, Two Up Comfort that Satisfies our Chrome Fixation Nation.

MikeD

« Reply #27 on: October 07, 2007, 07:53:05 AM »

Kona-
I actually had the oppurtunity to go for the black and silver 08.  I watched the dealership remove it from the box and cut the plastic away so I could sit on it.  It was very smooth, very comfy, and of course very cool.  I could have gotton it for msrp plus 500 doc fee.  But I was actually in the market that week for a pontoon.  My OCD was on the water that day.  I still beleive that the 05 and 06 fat boys have a much  better paint job.  The ghost flames are cool, but in my opinion, not as cool as the ours still.  I decided to go with the  :bananarock: SEEG because I almost traded (down in my opinion) for a street glide.  I was talking to my dad who reminded me that I was going to have to spend 5-6K to get the street glide cosmetically close to what I like, and then have to do engine mods, because you have to go fast and look good.  He wanted me to go with an 07 or 08 SEUC.  I couldn't find any  deals on the SEUC, I really only looked for a blue 07 SEUC.  After a little while, I found the 05  :bananarock: and realized that  would be my only bike, I did consider the 05 huckleberry though.  I flew down and picked her up from Fort Myers and rode her home.  Now I wish I could keep both, but then again I wish for a lot stuff that I can't afford.  Maybe sometime in my life I will have  another fat boy, but for now, I will have to say, "I hade a SE fat boy once..."

In comparing the SE Fat boy to the  :bananarock:, well there is no comparing.  The ride is soo smooth, comfortable, and still has the power of seftby.  I dont know that I could part with the radio, I did ride with an ipod, but this is different.  The cruise control,  who would have thought that cruise would be a selling point for me.   Anyways I rode that seftby from Fort Lauderdale to Atlanta in one day, roughly 12+ hours,  I rode the  :bananarock: from Fort Myers to Atlanta, roughly 8+ hours.  After I rode the seftby, I felt like I just got my @$$ kicked and it took me a day to recover.  After picking up the SEEG, I got off and wanted to continue for more hours.   

The only thing I may change, are the floor board location.  I'm 6'1" and it feels way to short for me.  The SERK that I sat on was the same way.  Other than that, I love the SE touring bikes.  Can't wait to see your SERK, post some picks, and let us know what color your getting. 

Mike

JR

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • TN

• photobucket.com
« Reply #28 on: October 07, 2007, 03:38:03 PM »

The only thing I may change, are the floor board location.  I'm 6'1" and it feels way to short for me.  The SERK that I sat on was the same way.  Other than that, I love the SE touring bikes.  Can't wait to see your SERK, post some picks, and let us know what color your getting. 

Mike

Mike do you have the floorboard extenders? It brings them out and makes it more comfortable. You also have a few holes to work with on your support arms. I tried mine all the way down but moved the front back up to help from scraping on the turns. Hope this helped, God Bless.

JR :bananarock:

Here is a picture of 103tHunDers floorboards after he had the KuryAkyn extenders installed. :2vrolijk_21:

JR

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • TN

• photobucket.com
« Reply #29 on: October 07, 2007, 03:39:05 PM »

Left side!
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All

Page created in 0.166 seconds with 20 queries.