Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 11

Author Topic: Does everyone clean/Detail their bike after every ride ???  (Read 21028 times)

nixobilly

• Elite CVO Member
  • 07 'CUSE2 B & O ------ 09 BMW R1200GSA
    • TX
Re: Does everyone clean/Detail their bike after every ride ???
« Reply #45 on: October 30, 2007, 08:45:34 PM »

Before & After every single ride since she was purchased, and I have also been known to sneak out into the parking lot in the middle of the night on weekend excursions just too do touch ups, because I can not get to sleep if I don't.  :-[   yes......I'm one sick pup  :P  :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2:

Hell Eagle1,  If you lived in Houston I would support your addiction by allowing you to detail my CVO anytime -- LOL.

You sick puppy....

Mark

nixobilly

• Elite CVO Member
  • 07 'CUSE2 B & O ------ 09 BMW R1200GSA
    • TX
« Reply #46 on: October 30, 2007, 08:50:52 PM »

Turtle Wax has some new products that pretty much are like the Glare ones but cost half as much and there is NO white residue on your rubber or black painted parts.

I bought all the products at Target (Walmart will NEVER see my fat *ss in its stores). 

The $$ savings are significant so I can buy more oil to push through my leaking 110 heads.    :P

Mark

REGGAB

« Reply #47 on: October 30, 2007, 09:28:33 PM »

Nope......at most, I clean the bugs off...............BUT, there are situations afterwhich I will wash and detail:  Rain, lovebugs, before surrendering it for maintenance/modification/upgrades, after maintenance/modification/upgrades, the passage of two weeks.....but certainly not after EVERY ride.  I usually ride every day if it isn't raining or so friggin' sweltering hot.  The way I clean, I'd never get to ride.   :P

hard10

• Emperor of the Imperial Grand Masters of Sarcasm
  • 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM # 6 1/157.48

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE²
« Reply #48 on: October 30, 2007, 09:30:04 PM »

Spew!   ...
BTW - 2Lane only removes the dead cats when the time changes in fall and spring!!!

Major spew!
When I first found this site I was looking for add-on's for the bike to be. The first was an oil temp gauge. That's when I found 2ln's post and dry sense of humor!  :D
I really thought this site was all serious and just about "wrenching" and didn't want to look like a newbie who absolutely nothing about motorcycles & then I saw that post & knew I'd fit right in.

EAGLE1

• 1K CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: 2015 FLHXSE CVO Street Glide "Silvia"
    • CVO2: 2006 FLSTFSE² Screamin’ Eagle® Fat Boy® (SOLD)
« Reply #49 on: October 30, 2007, 11:24:52 PM »

With much love and all due respect..... You are one sick puppy. :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2:

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:

but I'm tryin Ringo,..... I'm trying real hard, to stop the OCD  :huepfenjump3: :huepfenjump3: :huepfenjump3:
Toes in the water, ass in the sand

REGGAB

« Reply #50 on: October 30, 2007, 11:26:01 PM »

Terry already mentioned these things..........the Windex Ammonia free wipes.........you can get 'em at Walmark in the car cleaning stuff section.  Those things are great when you're on the road, or when you get home late, really want to grab a beer and go to bed, but can't stand thought of bugs eating at your clearcoat.  I've gone through 7 packages of those things this summer.  Great stuff.

murphy

• Vendor
  • 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #51 on: October 31, 2007, 11:15:14 AM »

Used to clean and detail about every twenty minutes when I first got it, just work the bugs off every ride now.

I've never washed it, nor did I wash my other ones... just kept them wiped down.

For some reason this one doesn't get very dirty, even while in the rain!

JesterDecor

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #52 on: October 31, 2007, 11:28:20 AM »

That or yer just gettin old like the rest of us and need to get your eyes checked??  :huepfenlol2:

Waiver - I have no real opinion as I take my duty as BSR seriously and let HogBreath deal with cleaning the girlfriend (apparently it works out that I clean the house and he cleans the garage. Just wish I could use the leaf blower too!)

:P
I like shiny stuff!

Midnight Rider

• AKA: TCnBham
  • 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2011 SERGU Rio Red (sold)
« Reply #53 on: October 31, 2007, 11:45:51 AM »

Cheri...we keep waiting for that riding Vacuum Cleaner to do the housecleaning... ;)
Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight.
I had the right to remain silent, just not the ability...

Gone, but not forgotten...2011 FLTRUSE with
Fullsac X Pipe w/2" Baffles
Legend Air Ride Rear Shocks
Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 Front Suspension
Clearview GT13 Windshield
TTS Mastertune

HogBreath

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2009 cvo roadglide
    • CVO2: 2014 CVO StreetKing
« Reply #54 on: October 31, 2007, 11:48:37 AM »

Cheri...we keep waiting for that riding Vacuum Cleaner to do the housecleaning... ;)

Wait no longer..
It's not the destination. It's the Journey.

JesterDecor

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #55 on: October 31, 2007, 11:59:03 AM »

Wait no longer..

HHMMMMM...do they make that in black and orange?? Ya know, Halloween colors??  :2vrolijk_21:
I like shiny stuff!

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #56 on: October 31, 2007, 01:20:18 PM »

Major spew!
When I first found this site I was looking for add-on's for the bike to be. The first was an oil temp gauge. That's when I found 2ln's post and dry sense of humor!  :D
I really thought this site was all serious and just about "wrenching" and didn't want to look like a newbie who absolutely nothing about motorcycles & then I saw that post & knew I'd fit right in.

AJ found a home.....   and a dead cat and cat puke and dog puke and Arkansas but the boy is still looking for a freaking trailer!

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #57 on: October 31, 2007, 01:22:34 PM »

AJ found a home.....   and a dead cat and cat puke and dog puke and Arkansas but the boy is still looking for a freaking trailer!

You don't need a trailer in Howieland Don. Everything's already there, when you get where you're going. Including the cold beer! ;D

Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #58 on: October 31, 2007, 01:55:27 PM »

You don't need a trailer in Howieland Don. Everything's already there, when you get where you're going. Including the cold beer! ;D

Hoist! 8)

oooooh, that's a heluvan idea.  Rider friendly POMCUS sites strategically set along the highway grid for our resting, feasting, fueling and other pleasures.  Definitely voting for Howie now.

hogasm

« Reply #59 on: October 31, 2007, 06:59:19 PM »

I may have a way out view on this

The biggest investment in ones life is their house.....how often do you wash it  every 2 or 3 years:nixweiss:

Then why in the he!! would I wash my 21st largest investment more often :coolblue:
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 11

Page created in 0.164 seconds with 24 queries.