Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7  All

Author Topic: Corbin Fit On SERK3 Seat!  (Read 12744 times)

miker

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009FLHTCUSE4
Re: Corbin Fit On SERK3 Seat!
« Reply #45 on: June 03, 2008, 02:33:54 PM »

I don;t have my numebr available but I bought the solo with backrest and passenger pillion...Around 600...It has to go back to be recovers and the pan needs to be trimmed...

miker

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009FLHTCUSE4
« Reply #46 on: June 03, 2008, 02:34:37 PM »

Oh, I am a svelty 270..   :pineapple:

The solo with backrest is quite comfy too.

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #47 on: June 03, 2008, 02:55:28 PM »

Just spoke with Corbin. Don from the FL store is in Americade as we speak. They're there til Sat. I'm trying to make arrangements to meet him in Lake George on my way up to our GTG this weekend. I might have a better shot at them correcting it for me if I do it in person. Ya'll think that'll help? :confused5:

Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #48 on: June 03, 2008, 04:28:53 PM »

Just spoke with Corbin. Don from the FL store is in Americade as we speak. They're there til Sat. I'm trying to make arrangements to meet him in Lake George on my way up to our GTG this weekend. I might have a better shot at them correcting it for me if I do it in person. Ya'll think that'll help? :confused5:

Hoist! 8)

Unless the guy you're talking to is also the guy working on it I'd doubt it.  Just another level of interpretation for the discussion to go through before it gets to whomever is actually working on it. 

The only time I've had them rework a seat after the fact talking with the person actually working on the seat was the ticket.  She told me to put my hands in different places to figure out "where it hurt" or what needed to be where.  It was a conversation she knew how to have.  When the seat came back it was perfect.

However....  if Corbin is there with lots of display items you might sit several of them and learn which model has padding levels more to your liking.  That could arm you with even more information to use when speaking with the actual repair person.

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #49 on: June 03, 2008, 05:09:58 PM »

Unless the guy you're talking to is also the guy working on it I'd doubt it.  Just another level of interpretation for the discussion to go through before it gets to whomever is actually working on it. 

The only time I've had them rework a seat after the fact talking with the person actually working on the seat was the ticket.  She told me to put my hands in different places to figure out "where it hurt" or what needed to be where.  It was a conversation she knew how to have.  When the seat came back it was perfect.

However....  if Corbin is there with lots of display items you might sit several of them and learn which model has padding levels more to your liking.  That could arm you with even more information to use when speaking with the actual repair person.

Good idea to try other seats there Don. The guy I'm seeing is the guy you'd talk to in Daytona if you had to do this on the phone, which was my only option. Unless I saw them in Sturgis. But even there, I doubt I'd be talking to the guy doing it. This guy Don is the guy Jenni deals with, so he probably entered the order for it in the first place. If he knows the product like I hear he does, this might be a bonus weekend for me! :2vrolijk_21:

Hoist! 8)

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

CVOJOE

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Life's a journey, why not enjoy the ride?
« Reply #50 on: June 04, 2008, 12:32:51 AM »

With Corbin issues, speaking Spanish helps these days.  :nixweiss:

It's personal thing, as far as comforting the posterior, but I have never had a Corbin that I liked and the BSR like it even less for the most part. Feels like sitting on rocks to me. Too damn bad they won't give you like 30 day trial and you return it on your dime, but get a full refund.  :2vrolijk_21:

Maybe try a Danny Gray seat or Mustang? I have a Mustang seat in the garage that I use occasionally and BSR loves it on longer rides. Wanna try it?

Joe
2003 FLHRSEI2. (Sold) :(

Horsepower is how fast you hit a wall.Torque is how far you will take the wall with you.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #51 on: June 04, 2008, 01:16:35 AM »

One other thing to at least keep in mind on the recent Corbins compared to prior products from them.  The now four year old seat for the SEEG has a pigtail for the seat heater that hangs down as you lift up the seat.  You can easily reach in and unplug it with the seat lifted.

The new seat that just arrived for the SERG no longer has this.  It's harness from the bike connects to a smallish connector made right to the bottom of the seat up in the "pocket."  No way to get at it without raising the seat up a long ways.  Definitely no way to get it on and off without taking the tour pak off first.

Compared to the older seat this one would be much more a nuisance to connect and disconnect.  I made what I wanted and plugged the Corbin harness in to the seat, cut it off at a convenient lenght and put a deutsch connector in the middle.  So now it's a little more convenient to use too.  If anyone else is like me and has had one for awhile you'll apparently find that difference in the new ones though.

Banana man

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2005 seeg banana
« Reply #52 on: June 05, 2008, 11:11:46 PM »

Does anyone know if Corbin will make a seat with the nose wider to
cover the gap in the tank on the right side of the seat.

The stock seat covers it nicely, why can't Corbin cover it also.

To me the nose looks like it is for a different style bike.

I want a Corbin, but I just can't get past the ugly nose.
I had a Corbin on a wide glide for 5 years and loved it, but
it looked right on the bike.

Mark

Boatman

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2014 CVO Limited
    • CVO2: 2010 SEUC-accident victim-gone
    • CVO3: 2005 SEEG-traded on 2010
« Reply #53 on: June 06, 2008, 12:06:55 AM »

Does anyone know if Corbin will make a seat with the nose wider to
cover the gap in the tank on the right side of the seat.

The stock seat covers it nicely, why can't Corbin cover it also.

Mark

I will admit that the RH side of the seat doesn't match as well as the left.

When the seat was new, it was a bear to get on without bending the front tab.  Now after 12,000 miles it goes on easily and fits better even on the RH side.

I saw a picture of a nanner on this site where the RH side fit badly (maybe yours?) but mine was never that bad even new.  I'm particular, but the fit is not an issue anymore.

Hope this helps, Bob.

I got mine Oct 2006..  (paid the $899 price)..

Boatman

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2014 CVO Limited
    • CVO2: 2010 SEUC-accident victim-gone
    • CVO3: 2005 SEEG-traded on 2010
« Reply #54 on: June 06, 2008, 10:31:52 AM »

Pic

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #55 on: June 11, 2008, 07:48:04 PM »

OK, I saw Don from Corbin last Fri in Lake George. He recommended to have the seat reshaped (nose job I guess). They're also gonna add 1" of foam above the heat. That should help too since it gets too damn hot now. First they'll check the foam in there now. They had a bad mix of foam at some point and a buncha seats are too hard as a result. If mine's in that category, they'll basically build a new seat with my seatpan and leather cover.

But they were very nice and easy to work with. So far haven't had any CS issues with them. Jenni spoke to Sergio, the guy I spoke to, and reviewed everything and got me an RA# for the return. I'll be shipping it back to Hollister and keep my fingers crossed that I get it back before Sturgis, and that it's good for me this time!!! ;)

Hoist! 8)

Banana man

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #56 on: June 15, 2008, 12:08:36 AM »

I will admit that the RH side of the seat doesn't match as well as the left.

When the seat was new, it was a bear to get on without bending the front tab.  Now after 12,000 miles it goes on easily and fits better even on the RH side.

I saw a picture of a nanner on this site where the RH side fit badly (maybe yours?) but mine was never that bad even new.  I'm particular, but the fit is not an issue anymore.

Hope this helps, Bob.

I got mine Oct 2006..  (paid the $899 price)..

Thanks for the pic Bob, it does look like yours fits better than any I have seen so far.
I would like to know if they would maybe custom build me a seat with a wider
nose to cover the tank better. I have a mild case of OCD and every time I look
down, I would be very unhappy.

Mark.

porthole

• 10K CVO Member
  • Welcome to the Machine

• CVO1: 2005.3217-45 FLHTCSE2
    • Porthole II
« Reply #57 on: June 15, 2008, 01:13:52 AM »

Liking mine less the more I ride on it. Have about 3k on it now.

Spoke to one of the Corbin reps at Americade, thought he was a dick and and told him pretty much the same.
:fireman: Duane  :fireman:

MV 2013

1982 LowRider * 1974 XLCH * 1972 Adnoh
You can't control the weather, only how you deal with it

Sean M Cary

« Reply #58 on: June 15, 2008, 11:03:10 AM »

Spoke to one of the Corbin reps at Americade, thought he was a dick and and told him pretty much the same.

PH - any experience with the Russel Day-longs?

I am really thinking hard on the seat thing...

Sean

Banana man

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #59 on: June 15, 2008, 09:56:41 PM »

Why are you liking it less?

Mark
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7  All

Page created in 0.174 seconds with 20 queries.