Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All

Author Topic: 2lane's new 110 home for the holidays  (Read 5334 times)

LRebel

• 2.5K CVO Member
Re: 2lane's new 110 home for the holidays
« Reply #45 on: December 26, 2007, 12:46:29 PM »

In the excitement of seeing this and getting it of course she's forgotten about it now.  But as we've wandered in and out of bike shops and she's sat on different toys in the stores the last couple of years she always said she "wanted" a bike more than an ATV.  She gets such a kick of riding on mine that a bike was what she thought about.

The little bitty bikes can be had with training wheels.  I just couldn't start there.  Was more comfortable with this.  Take a little time to get used to coordinating hands and feet in all kinds of situations before adding balance to the mix.  As quickly as she's taking to using hand and feet together my decision might have unnecessary.  But I'm still satisfied with the choice.  This thing is going to be a lot of fun.  Barring its unrepairable destruction in use it should be a toy that is good for many years too.

Yep, my wife and I had the conversation about the little motorcycle vs 4-wheeler.  My wife wanted to get a little motorcycle -- my wife thinks that the reason she can't ride now is because she never rode when she was a kid.  I am a little more concerned about the safety of my beautiful little granddaughter, so I am thinking she should start out on the 4-wheeler.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
Re: 2lane's new 110 home for the holidays
« Reply #46 on: December 26, 2007, 08:37:50 PM »

Yep, my wife and I had the conversation about the little motorcycle vs 4-wheeler.  My wife wanted to get a little motorcycle -- my wife thinks that the reason she can't ride now is because she never rode when she was a kid.  I am a little more concerned about the safety of my beautiful little granddaughter, so I am thinking she should start out on the 4-wheeler.

Safety; yes.  But also just saw as a progression.  Get the coordination and feel for the environment and sound down first.  Then add balance to the mix in a couple of years.  If it works right they'll enjoy playing on both by the time they're really old enough to think about kids motox or other interests.  If not they've got great toys for the big yard or open park or field.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All

Page created in 0.121 seconds with 20 queries.