Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All

Author Topic: Most Comfortable Saddle  (Read 8702 times)

Nasty Habit

• Full CVO Member
  • Starting Dec. 22nd, you can say Summer's Comming
Re: Most Comfortable Saddle
« Reply #15 on: October 03, 2005, 11:59:56 AM »

THE BEST SEAT I have ever sat on for long distance is the Road Zeppelin. I put this on my FLHRSEI2 and have never regreted it.
It will tell you in the H-D Catalog of parts that this seat will not fit. It will! I have had it on mine for over two years. Last long ride I took, was to Milwaukee from San Jose, Ca 5938 miles round trip. Wife flew to Chicago & met me, BUT rode the 3,000 back through Colorado. Best adjustable seat I have ever had. ONLY MODIFICATION: The seat hold-down bracket won't work. Either make your own, or??? Needs the centerline of the mount to fender hole increased by one inch.
Hope this helps. I have had Corbin, etc. Nothing comes close to this seat! Not a lover of H-D, just that this IS the best game in town... [smiley=banana.gif]
"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body; but rather to skid in sideways, cold beer in one hand, strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and yelling WHO, HOO! What a Ride...

sponserv

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #16 on: October 10, 2005, 11:55:47 PM »

OK heres the deal. My girlfriend hated looking at the back of my helmet with the stingray seat. I am vertically challenged to the tune of about 5 feet 5 inches.

Just bought the MoCo's new Reach Seat for RK. This seat is awesome. Comfortable as hell and sweetie can now see over my head. Not the prettiest thing in the world. (The seat that is.) But I like to ride rather than park and look. Part number is 52609-05.

Retail is about $260.

Best move I have made in the seating department.
02 FLHRSEI Purple
88 Signature Edition Carrera
07 FLHTCUSE2 Black and Orange
04 4 Slide Holiday Rambler Navigator
04 Black 1500 4wd Silverado
02 Grady White Gulfstream 232
Lots o' toys but no time to play

greglyon

• 1K CVO Member
  • 2013 FLHRSE5
    • AZ

• CVO1: FLHRSE5
    • Phillips and Lyon LLC
« Reply #17 on: November 16, 2005, 08:33:40 AM »

Mustang is the best seat I have used.  I have owned 3 of them.
Downside:
1 only come in vinyl
2 seating position a little more forward and about 1/2 higher
3 not as stylish as a Corbin or other leather seats on the market
"A clear conscience is usually the sign of a bad memory"

CVOJOE

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Life's a journey, why not enjoy the ride?
« Reply #18 on: November 16, 2005, 12:50:52 PM »

Had the stock seat and backrests done up with gel (Butt-Buffer), and like it much better and so does the nava-guess-timator. Lot less width than the FLTRSEI/FLTRI I used to ride, but good enough for the long runs. Have a new Corbin still in the box if someone is interested in that, PM me.
 [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]
2003 FLHRSEI2. (Sold) :(

Horsepower is how fast you hit a wall.Torque is how far you will take the wall with you.

Crawdaddy

• Senior CVO Member
  • Enjoy your Freedom
« Reply #19 on: November 17, 2005, 12:16:47 PM »

What is the most comfortable saddle that you have ridden long distances on?

For bar crawling, I use the stock seat and its OK.

For trips, I have the Road Zeppelin Air adjustable seat.  It has three adjustable air bladders for the rider and 2 for the passenger.  My navaguesser loves it.

I am surprised that nobody has mentioned this seat but me, but I sure like it. :)

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #20 on: November 21, 2005, 07:05:28 PM »

Have put 33,000 miles on 2 different 03 SERKs; the last 7,000 on a Corbin Dual Tourer, Wondering why I tortured myself for the first 26,000 on the stock seat. I did 866 one day coming back from Biketoberfest and while I was dog tired, my butt was no worse than if I'd gone 300 on the stocker

hdhiwayman

• Junior CVO Member
  • The nut between the handle bars and the saddle
« Reply #21 on: November 22, 2005, 12:54:22 PM »

Corbin Dual Tour!!   Won't leave home without it. 8-)
2006 SE Autum Haze
Freedom Power package
A little bling bling
2002 Road King
Stage 2: Andrews cams w/Rineharts true duals and DFO
Too much to list
Yes I am a chromeaholic

CVO-RIDER

• Junior CVO Member
  • So many roads to ride. OH wait there's work
    • CA

• CVO1: SERK 2002 Purple
    • CVO2: SED 2004 Blue sold
    • CVO3: SEEG 2005 Red sold
« Reply #22 on: November 22, 2005, 10:50:18 PM »

Still on stock seat. Put 1,675 miles in 25 1/2 hours longest stop was 20 min. So is the seat comfortable after 8hr your ass is numb & you cant tell so keep riden

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #23 on: November 22, 2005, 11:57:17 PM »

CVO-Rider, what did somebody promise  you to get you to ride for 25 1/2 straight hours?   [smiley=confused5.gif]  spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #24 on: November 23, 2005, 12:00:58 AM »

CVO-Rider, what did somebody promise  you to get you to ride for 25 1/2 straight hours?   [smiley=confused5.gif]  spyder

For that long of a stretch it better have been a someone rather than a something that was promised [smiley=nixweiss.gif] !

CVO-RIDER

• Junior CVO Member
  • So many roads to ride. OH wait there's work
    • CA

• CVO1: SERK 2002 Purple
    • CVO2: SED 2004 Blue sold
    • CVO3: SEEG 2005 Red sold
« Reply #25 on: November 23, 2005, 01:06:04 AM »

Well its like this I wanted to go to sturgis & I wanted to go to the harley davidsons 100th b-day in 2003.I only had two weeks vacation. & There was  two weeks between each event So I went to sturgis for the day. I left friday night got there saturday slept woke up sunday bought my pin patch & T-shirt & left rode about 500 miles slept got up & rode the rest of the way home back to CA I was home monday night. Went back to work tuesday. Worked for two weeks & left for milwakee & got to do both

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #26 on: November 23, 2005, 08:34:20 AM »

Well its like this I wanted to go to sturgis & I wanted to go to the harley davidsons 100th b-day in 2003.I only had two weeks vacation. & There was  two weeks between each event So I went to sturgis for the day. I left friday night got there saturday slept woke up sunday bought my pin patch & T-shirt & left rode about 500 miles slept got up & rode the rest of the way home back to CA I was home monday night. Went back to work tuesday. Worked for two weeks & left for milwakee & got to do both
Ahhhhh, now I understand.  Did some of those 'pony-express' rides when I was younger....all interstate, get in the fast line and let 'er eat!  Now, however, as I've been fortunate enough to become grissled and grey, it's all two lane backroads and frequent stops to look, listen, and just soak it all in.  It's always better on two wheels!  Har!  ;) spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

hdnut

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #27 on: January 17, 2006, 02:25:45 PM »

How is the 2003 screamin eagle road king seat as far as comfort?I just bought one on ebay to try on my 2004 seeg. [smiley=pumpkin.gif]
hdnut

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #28 on: January 17, 2006, 03:37:28 PM »

hdnut    The stock 03 SERK seat is as good a seat as H-D ever made for a touring bike short of the LAZ-E BOYs that come on an Ultra Classic. BUT, the truth to the statement is that H-D never made a seat to compare with a Corbin OR from what I read on this site, A Mustang. Still, if you are under 200 lbs I would imagine on rides of up to 250 miles you'll be very happy with the stock 03 SERK seat. Buddy of mine wants one for his 05 SEEG What did you pay for yours ? Do you know if you can still buy them from the MoCo ?

greglyon

• 1K CVO Member
  • 2013 FLHRSE5
    • AZ

• CVO1: FLHRSE5
    • Phillips and Lyon LLC
« Reply #29 on: January 17, 2006, 03:59:59 PM »

How is the 2003 screamin eagle road king seat as far as comfort?I just bought one on ebay to try on my 2004 seeg. [smiley=pumpkin.gif]

fair for rider horrible for passenger

"A clear conscience is usually the sign of a bad memory"
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All

Page created in 0.18 seconds with 24 queries.