Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 20

Author Topic: How Did You Get your CVO?  (Read 36718 times)

JR

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Be Still and Know that I AM God
    • TN

• CVO1: 2012 ULTRA FLHTCUSE7
    • CVO2: 2005 SEEG FLHTCSE2
    • CVO3: 2000 SERG FLTRSEI
    • photobucket.com
Re: How Did You Get your CVO?
« Reply #75 on: December 29, 2007, 08:33:04 PM »

Martha was.......... :bananarock:

Now that's what I'm talking about! :huepfenlol2: :huepfenjump3: :bananarock: :2vrolijk_21:

JR

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • TN

• photobucket.com
« Reply #76 on: December 29, 2007, 08:59:30 PM »

On the SEEG, I was riding a 2002 Electra Glide Classic.  Got it in the fall of '01.  A year later a close friend at the time who hadn't had a bike for awhile got a '02 Wide Glide and we took a trip to the mountains in North Carolina together.  By the time we were headin' home, he was ready for more bike and I was ready for more motor.

A couple weeks later the Fall 2003 Enthusiast came out with coverage of the SEEG.  One look and I knew I had to have one, just couldn't decide what color. :nixweiss:  I had a good relationship with the dealer in Peoria, IL from buying the '02 and a boatload of accessories, so I went to talk to them.  No one had dibs on the first one they were getting (B/B), so they told me they'd call me when they got it in and if I wanted it, I could have it.  :evilgrin: (They new what they were up to.) :evilgrin:

In the meantime, my buddy was shopping around a little and had even put his WG on eBay, getting ready to do something different.  Well, the way it all worked out was, my buddy sold his WG on a "Buy It Now," delivered it on a Sunday, bought my '02 EG about 2 or 3 days after that, and I brought the SEEG home that following Friday.  The way it all came together was a deal that was meant to be!  Like Gary, 4 years later, this bike excites me like the day I bought it! :2vrolijk_21:

On the SERG, we moved 75 miles down the road earlier this year.  About 2 weeks after we moved in, I went to check out the local H-D dealer.  The first bike inside the doorway of their showroom was a 15,000 mile, one-owner O/B SERG! :o  I tried to forget that bike for 2 months, but couldn't.  I'd go down there just hoping they sold the d@mn thing so that I wouldn't have to worry about it anymore.  Tried to get others on the site here to buy it.  Sent Fired00d untold TMs trying to talk myself out of the motorcycle.  Drank lots of beer in the evenings to help me sleep.  Finally, I took it for a ride.  Nice bike, ran great, but we couldn't get together on price.  Left for a weekend of fun in Hot Springs, AK with a bunch of folks from the site.  Thought about the bike all the way down there.  Had to look at (drool over) Hobo's and Scooterhair's awesome blue SERGs sitting in the parking spot next to us at the hotel. ::)  Thought about the '00 all the way home (except when running in the triple digits with Howie ;D) and drove 20 miles out of my way that night to go by the dealer and see if the bike was still there.  I think it was Wednesday of that week that I told them, "Write it up, I'll take it!"  And I've been sleeping like a baby ever since. :2vrolijk_21:

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
  • Go fast or go home! EBCM member # 2.36 .01%
    • CVO2: 2011.5 SEUC
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG
« Reply #77 on: December 29, 2007, 09:48:09 PM »

JR

That's a great picture of two great bikes being looked over by a future owner!

Don and those two guys have been promising me some pics but it appears I'm very very low on the priority list

:nixweiss:

2012      SERG  "Nu Blue"
2018      Goldwing   
2003      HD Electra Glide Classic Silver and Black, of course!                
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans
2018      Shelby GT350, 963 crank hp, 825 rear wheel hp

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #78 on: December 29, 2007, 09:55:29 PM »

It ain't much, but here's one . . .

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
  • Go fast or go home! EBCM member # 2.36 .01%
    • CVO2: 2011.5 SEUC
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG
« Reply #79 on: December 29, 2007, 10:00:41 PM »

It ain't much, but here's one . . .

Thats a good one Brian!

Thanks!

2012      SERG  "Nu Blue"
2018      Goldwing   
2003      HD Electra Glide Classic Silver and Black, of course!                
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans
2018      Shelby GT350, 963 crank hp, 825 rear wheel hp

Hellion Custom Cycles

• Vendor
  • One bad ass machine

• CVO1: 08 FXSTSSE2
« Reply #80 on: December 29, 2007, 10:12:06 PM »

I finally got to buy my first new bike in March of 06, after I finally left my money hungray ex-#@*ch and met my new wife.
My new wife fell in love with the Nighttrain and after telling her that I wanted a Bad boy and that they no longer made them,
we saw the 08 springer picture and knew that we had to get one. So after a two month search of the East coast and nearly having to choke out the sales manager at the local harrisburg dealership. My friends at appalachian came through like champs to get it in for me, Oh and Battlefield H-D came through too. Since they dealer traded it to appy for me.  
08 SE SPRINGER
06 NIGHTTRAIN
91 FLHTC
99 883 (wife's bike)

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #81 on: December 29, 2007, 11:06:38 PM »

JR

Don and those two guys have been promising me some pics but it appears I'm very very low on the priority list

Dammit.  I went to the mountain.  But no one rode the bikes up the hill....  :nixweiss:

(or to Hooters)

Janine

• FXDSE2
  • Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: FXDSE2
    • CVO2: FXSTSSE
« Reply #82 on: December 30, 2007, 12:45:14 AM »

My husband wanted to get a winter beater so we went looking for one. We ended up at the Harley dealers and I fell in love with the bike that he now owns. He had sold his 84 lowrider 17 years ago for the down payment on our house, and now that it's paid off, I figured he deserved a new one. Well, he had to go to all the HD open houses that were going on this fall and that is when I saw the FXDSE2 and fell in love. He had gotten tired of me riding bitch and said I should get my own bike. I went for my license and was ready for my own bike. I figured that I would get a sportster for my 1st bike but wasn't really into that. So I called the dealer where I saw the Dyna and asked if they still had it. I was told that someone had started the paperwork but they hadn't completed it yet. So if I really wanted it, then I could put a deposit on it. I did and went and picked it up the next day. The only riding I had done had been on a Buel Blast at the two day course I took, so my husband took me to a parking lot of a local factory after work let out and I practiced on it until he felt I could safely go on the road. Now I can't get enough riding in!! The last cruise we took before bringing them into the den for the winter was 36 degrees out. I can't wait until spring!

Oh, btw, he never did get a winter beater! 
Member 4721
FXDSE2-Candy Cobalt/Midnight Blue

JR

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • TN

• photobucket.com
« Reply #83 on: December 30, 2007, 08:35:24 AM »

JR

Here is another one on the mountain from the other side.

JR

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • TN

• photobucket.com
« Reply #84 on: December 30, 2007, 08:37:32 AM »

Thought I had some closeups and some with their trailers....have to keep looking! :nixweiss:

JR

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • TN

• photobucket.com
« Reply #85 on: December 30, 2007, 08:40:20 AM »

Here are the culprits.....

amigo Jorge

• LDR #00372
  • 5k CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: '20 FLHTCUTGSE Trike CVO
« Reply #86 on: December 30, 2007, 03:53:15 PM »

In the distance...........

MJZ

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 05 SEEG is on permanent vacation in CA.
    • CVO2: 09 BMW K1300S
    • CVO3: 2010 BMW S1000RR
« Reply #87 on: December 30, 2007, 06:31:06 PM »

Here is another one on the mountain from the other side.

Every time I see those bunch of bananas I get a rush. I guess at my age it is a hot flash but sure seems like a rush. ;D ;D ;D ;D

vagabond6542

« Reply #88 on: December 30, 2007, 07:04:28 PM »

Well to start, in 1992, I slimmed my lifestyle down to a RV.
In 2000, moved back into a house. I have been riding many bikes since 1976 and none of the previous bikes have been a Harley. I picked up riding again with a GL1800 in 01, and a VTX1800R in 02. Now don't get me wrong, these are great machines. But the day I saw the 07 CUSE2 (Blue), I was had. It had me searching all of the USA for this motorcycle. In Jan of 07, I had found a dealer in Ohio, who had one still on the floor. We dealed and I came to pick it up in a trailer.  From the time that I first called and the time I had it home in MD, it was only two days. I rode the "Smurf" as often as I possible could. That is, when it didn't get "sick" and had to go to the shop. It's a love/hate relationship, due to the frustrating 110, but I wouldn't part with "her". She's tops in my stable of Machines.

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #89 on: December 30, 2007, 07:41:44 PM »

Every time I see those bunch of bananas I get a rush. I guess at my age it is a hot flash but sure seems like a rush. ;D ;D ;D ;D
you know, seeing these pics reminds me of the fact that this group probably has the most unique pics of the CVO's due to our GTG's and different people shooting 'groups' of CVO's from different angles, etc.  That pic is simply beautiful w/ the five bananas behind the blue SERGs.    spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 20

Page created in 0.184 seconds with 24 queries.