Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All

Author Topic: Which Motor is the BEST??  (Read 6844 times)

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
Re: Which Motor is the BEST??
« Reply #15 on: January 23, 2008, 06:01:03 PM »

Hillside Cycle is having rally good success with their 117".

-Hillsidecycle stage2 heads with 10.2-1 compression
-crank welded and trued by hillside...staying with 4 3/8 stroke
-woods tw-6-6 cams
-D&Dfatcat-standard baffle
-Axtel 117 barrels and pistons
-SE 58 MM Throttle Body
-stock gearing. oil pump, and cam plate
-SERT
-Tuned by joe at joescyclerepair

124HP 137 TQ

They just just bored my stock cylinder for a 98" build and re did my heads with new valves, porting and milled heads for 10.2 compression.
Really impressed with their quality and attention to detail.

I've heard excellent things about Scott/Hillside Cycle and these 117's! Joe swears by them and Scott's work! ;)

Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

tommyo

• Throttles on the right!
  • Full CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHXSE2
« Reply #16 on: January 23, 2008, 06:03:16 PM »

Will it fit in a Stock UC?  ( I thought it was too tall) And where is Jim and how do I find him? My current Ultra goes thru a rear tire at 8K if I put a 131 in would shorten my rear tire life by 4K  ;D  That would mean I'd be changing rear tires once a month ;D

You get 8000 miles out of a tire... even if you got 4000 why do any engine work at all? lol!
When in doubt... GAS it!!!

Starting over!!

icybay

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: (2) 2004 SEEG B&B's ECoast & WCoast
    • CVO2: 2000 FLTRSEI B/O/W
« Reply #17 on: January 23, 2008, 06:37:14 PM »

I bought a new unassembled JIMS 120 from a Harley dealer. The factory forgot to remove some plastic plugs from inside the case when they put the cases together. I assembled the engine and when I started it up it puked oil out the breather. The Harley dealer-Downtown Harley- basically refused to look at it. since they did not install it. I took it to an independent shop where they found that it was JIMS fault, which JIMS admitted. They refused to pay for the repair, and said they would give me a credit if I bought some more parts from them.Still waiting. I wouldn't buy a sparkplug from those a-holes. They do not stand behind their product.

SirMichael

• Senior CVO Member
  • Non Riding for the moment!!
« Reply #18 on: January 24, 2008, 12:28:25 AM »

You get 8000 miles out of a tire... even if you got 4000 why do any engine work at all? lol!
You have to understand, Tommy would never see 4000 miles out of a tire on a stock bike, so when you say that, he is amazed!! :stunned:
He doesn't ride a bagger like normal people do, his old bike was an 06 ultra w/95 in it and his rear tire was pretty much toast pretty quick, now he has an 07 ultra w/113 in it and he is probably going to have to get a setup like they have at the races, where they can swap out the rim & tire in a couple of seconds, cause he will be changing them  pretty often!!  :idea2:

Yah, he's a good guy, but he's not right :rolleyes4: when he rides thats for sure!! :zstupid:

MIKE :vrolijk_10:
« Last Edit: January 24, 2008, 12:29:59 AM by SirMichael113 »

MUFFMAN

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 07 FLHTUSE2
    • CVO2: 09 FLTRSE3
« Reply #19 on: January 24, 2008, 04:33:57 AM »

I bought a new unassembled JIMS 120 from a Harley dealer. The factory forgot to remove some plastic plugs from inside the case when they put the cases together. I assembled the engine and when I started it up it puked oil out the breather. The Harley dealer-Downtown Harley- basically refused to look at it. since they did not install it. I took it to an independent shop where they found that it was JIMS fault, which JIMS admitted. They refused to pay for the repair, and said they would give me a credit if I bought some more parts from them.Still waiting. I wouldn't buy a sparkplug from those a-holes. They do not stand behind their product.
I think what I am going to do when ready is purchase a 131" fully assembled through Harley then I at least get a one year on the motor. A friend of mine did it that way on his 120" & was very happy/no probs.

radavi98

• FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #20 on: January 30, 2008, 07:53:09 PM »

If you want unreliable, over priced, over rated and under powered...go with Zippers.  I would go with Jims or S&S. 
After all the money spent, I refuse to more on additional parts!!!   Except air filter, Exhaust, Power commander.........well, maybe a few more things.

SirMichael

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #21 on: January 30, 2008, 10:11:51 PM »

Been talking to Wes at Cycle-Rama, we have been talking about doing a 124 :sneaky: I will have more details later!!

I am not sure about what bike just yet, I know for sure it will be an 07, definitly don't want an 08, due to the drive by wire sh!! ??? Probably another ultra, I am working on that these next couple of weeks!!  :yes:

I talked to the guys at Hillside cycles, they say it would take at least 6+ weeks to do a 117, plus they don't do their own tuning, they send it out to someone else. I guess thats not a bad thing, but I think that if you build it, that you would want to tune it also!! :nixweiss:

I hear good things about Wes, so I am going to have him do the build!! :vrolijk_9:  We talked alittle, so once the details have been worked out :deal2: I will post what we will be doing!! :2vrolijk_21:

:smilie_staub: :smilie_staub:

« Last Edit: January 30, 2008, 10:15:02 PM by SirMichael113 »

MUFFMAN

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 07 FLHTUSE2
    • CVO2: 09 FLTRSE3
« Reply #22 on: January 31, 2008, 04:50:42 AM »

If you want unreliable, over priced, over rated and under powered...go with Zippers.  I would go with Jims or S&S. 

I take it you're not a Zippers fan.Probably going a Jims 131 but what problems did you encounter with the Zippers.?

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #23 on: January 31, 2008, 09:07:57 AM »

Been talking to Wes at Cycle-Rama, we have been talking about doing a 124 :sneaky: I will have more details later!!

I am not sure about what bike just yet, I know for sure it will be an 07, definitly don't want an 08, due to the drive by wire sh!! ??? Probably another ultra, I am working on that these next couple of weeks!!  :yes:

I talked to the guys at Hillside cycles, they say it would take at least 6+ weeks to do a 117, plus they don't do their own tuning, they send it out to someone else. I guess thats not a bad thing, but I think that if you build it, that you would want to tune it also!! :nixweiss:

I hear good things about Wes, so I am going to have him do the build!! :vrolijk_9:  We talked alittle, so once the details have been worked out :deal2: I will post what we will be doing!! :2vrolijk_21:

:smilie_staub: :smilie_staub:

Yep, Scotty sends all his builds to Joe for tuning. He tuned my bike and it made excellent numbers and ran great (til the dealer built engine chit to bed!) Joe knows his chit! :2vrolijk_21:

After it's professionally rebuilt this time, it's going back to Joe's! ;)

Hoist! 8)
« Last Edit: January 31, 2008, 09:09:51 AM by Hoist »
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

Harleypingman

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #24 on: February 01, 2008, 08:14:04 AM »

Head-Quarters has a new 120" motor:  10.5:1 dished piston, HQ heads, HD Bigger Bore cylinders bored to 4.065", .575 cams, using stock cases machined by Dark Horse and JIMS crank reworked by Dark Horse, etc.:

http://www.head-quarters-usa.com/sporttouring06.html

Suggest you give Doug or Kevin at HQ a call.

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #25 on: February 01, 2008, 09:39:56 AM »

Which Motor is the BEST??         Honda.

Jerry ;)
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

sadunbar

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM # Stealth - SSBS # 1.1 - SoA # Z&E2525 .01%
    • IL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2
    • CVO2: 2000 FXR4
« Reply #26 on: February 01, 2008, 10:26:06 AM »

Jerry ;)

:vrolijk_10:   ::)

Jerry,

I have been waiting for that answer since the thread started....!!  Got to admit, my 1985 V 65 Magna 1100 cc 126 hp motor has run great for 23 years now... :2vrolijk_21:  I sold it to a friend two years ago, but it is still a fine running machine!

Scott
2007 Screamin Eagle Ultra Classic - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice
Screamin Eagle 120r
Revolution Performance EMS
Fuel Moto Jackpot headpipes and 4.5" Pro Touring Mufflers
HPI 55mm Throttle Body w/5.3 injectors
BDL clutch w/VPC92T
Traxxion AK-20
Legend Air Suspension
Brembo Brake Calipers/Rotors
Garmin Zumo
575 Chubby's
Bushtec Quantum

SirMichael

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #27 on: February 02, 2008, 03:05:41 AM »

Jerry ;)
  :zroflmao:  :zroflmao:  :zroflmao:  :zroflmao:

Yah, it would be faster, no issues, and half the cost!!  :uhoh:

But where would the fun in that be!!  :thumbsdown:

Besides, they don't make enough noise!! :6: :6:
« Last Edit: February 02, 2008, 03:14:24 AM by SirMichael113 »

WISHBONE

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #28 on: February 09, 2008, 07:16:30 PM »

I have Jim's 120's in my three bikes and I have to say that this is the way to go although I went the other way with tweaking 88's & 103's before going the Jim's route.
You will save yourself alot of $$$ and be alot more happy with a 120.  I have two that are stock and one with a few minor changes in my 06 SEFB and have never had any problems with any of them and I ride them hard from 0-80mph. Real hard !!!!
JIMS 120  145/144
SE SIX SPEED
ALL THE CHROME THAT WOULD FIT

03glide120

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #29 on: February 09, 2008, 07:59:29 PM »

I'm very happy with my Jims 120".  130hp 130tq
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All

Page created in 0.199 seconds with 24 queries.