Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5  All

Author Topic: Corbin or Mustang Solo seat  (Read 11131 times)

bikerbehaviorist

• Full CVO Member
Re: Corbin or Mustang Solo seat
« Reply #45 on: February 09, 2008, 10:42:09 PM »

I am glad it worked!!! :bananarock:

graygus

• Junior CVO Member

• CVO1: 05 Teal SEEG - Sold
    • CVO2: 08 Annie SERK - Sold
    • CVO3: 09 SEUC
« Reply #46 on: February 10, 2008, 10:21:21 AM »

Thanks guys mine worked as well.

FNGw/08SERK

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 09 SERG
« Reply #47 on: February 11, 2008, 04:33:44 PM »

:orange:  Thanks Mike (bikerbehaviorist) I put the tour pac on first then the pillion and seat and it fits. Glad I could not find my hack saw! Now every thing fits, tour pac and the passenger sissy bar.
Tested and/or have thoughts on the pillion comfort?  :confused5:

sgtbuck

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #48 on: February 11, 2008, 09:06:43 PM »

The wife says its more comfy then the stock seat. We took a little 300 mile ride up to the Sierra Nevada foothills and she did not complain at all.

Guilty

• Got Dead?
  • Elite CVO Member
« Reply #49 on: February 11, 2008, 11:27:23 PM »

It looks like you guys already figured out to put the tour pack on first, then install the passenger pillion. The hidden bonus of the tight fit is that it makes it impossible for a thief to steal your tour pack when you have the passenger pillion on. No need for rigging up a lock to keep the tour pack on your bike.

FNGw/08SERK

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 09 SERG
« Reply #50 on: February 12, 2008, 10:10:59 PM »

So I went to Corbin today   :)  It has been kinda a long day so I will write up more info tomorrow - maybe a real review  - I am very happy!! For now here are some pics.

Any chance you've got pics that show the entire bike with the solo on it. If you do would you mind posting some? Just as I was settling on the dual tour I see this and I gotta say it looks awesome!  :2vrolijk_21:   :2vrolijk_21:   TIA

Howie

Raskul

« Reply #51 on: February 13, 2008, 12:43:46 AM »

Hey, I just noticed... the Moco decided to finish the paint job on the rear fender for '08 allowing a solo seat!  I wish they weren't so cheap in '07.

sgtbuck

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #52 on: February 13, 2008, 12:25:59 PM »

Hows this

MUFFMAN

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 07 FLHTUSE2
    • CVO2: 09 FLTRSE3
« Reply #53 on: February 13, 2008, 01:06:36 PM »

Qcbiker

• FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #54 on: February 13, 2008, 01:26:16 PM »

Hi like your new seat very much, want to know , do oyu protect your fender (paint) with something before you put the pillion in ? if yes wuth what ?

thanks

Dan_Lockwood

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #55 on: February 13, 2008, 01:53:27 PM »

:orange:  Thanks Mike (bikerbehaviorist) I put the tour pac on first then the pillion and seat and it fits. Glad I could not find my hack saw! Now every thing fits, tour pac and the passenger sissy bar.

Sgtbuck, I have a question for you about the TP and the passenger's seating position.

As of right now I'm still going to stay with the stock SERK seat as my wife seems to be able to put up with her end of the seat and my end is the most comfortable seat I've ridden in lately.  At least for now that's what I'm staying with.

It appears, as my setup did, that the TP back rest is very far forward compared to just the passenger's back rest that came with the bike.  Both my wife and I carry a few extra pounds and we really had issues with the tight quarters of the passenger's area with the TP installed.  I even used the most rearward mounting holes between the TP and the flat chrome mounting plate, but still just a bit tight.  So I redrilled the chrome mounting plate and was able to sneak another 1.25" more of the mounting.  This has helped a lot, but I'm still looking at the Kuryakan (spelling) new "U" shaped chrome tubing mount.  This allows up to another 3" rearward positioning of the TP.

Now for the question.

Do you have enough room and have you thought also about moving the TP rearward?

I like the seat, looks great.  Did I read you correctly that Corbin used the reptile material from your old seat as an insert or did they buy matching material?

Thanks for the help and enjoy the new comfy ride.
Dan

2009 SERG Orange / Black
Board Track Racer Project, Ultima 113"/6spd
2021 Coleman UT400 Side By Side

sgtbuck

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #56 on: February 13, 2008, 08:33:45 PM »

Never thought about moving the tour pac back, wife fits fine. I asked corbin if they would use the reptile from my old seat but they said that there was not enough material there to fit the stitching pattern that they offer, so I went with the pebble grain in the middle.

popper

• Junior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2008 FLHRSE4
« Reply #57 on: March 01, 2008, 10:07:45 PM »

I gotta ask. I am thinking about a new seat for my 08 Annie. I've had two mustang seats on a softail. One I love and one I am selling. I live pretty close to a major wholesale store and have talked to thier sales staff about seats. The general thoughts are that Corbin owners either love or hate the seats. They complain about the firmness at first but once the seat is broke in, they can't be parted from the owners. The problem is, there is no test ride, once the seat is installed, it is mine. I guess everyone's back side is different. I don't have extra cushion in that area and am wondering if anyone else who has a Corbin seat is in the same situation. Does the firmness become a problem? The seat looks great on the bike. alsoa question about the tour pac. I see that the tour pac has to go on first and then the seat. Does this crowd the passenger? Thanks !   
Keep your knees to the breeze

bikerbehaviorist

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #58 on: March 01, 2008, 10:24:27 PM »

For me it is a great seat. Now this does not mean that it is cushy and comfy all the time... Just like any seat I have ever had I get tired of siting... I did a 300 mile round trip yesterday and about 150 today. Where the seat felt a little wide for me I feel some pressure there around 60-70 miles. Then around 100 or so I feel like I would like more cushion in several places. I can go another 20 or 30 miles though no problem.. More than likely I would like to stretch and/or use the bathroom by or before the 120 mile mark any way... The think that is different about the corbin than other seats I have used though is when I get back on I am good to go the mileage I just out lined again. I had a mustang on my heritage and I wound up buying a gel pad for it .... bottom line - I say go for the corbin :2vrolijk_21:

popper

• Junior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2008 FLHRSE4
« Reply #59 on: March 26, 2008, 08:10:15 PM »

I've been eyeing the Corbin seat and following the comments here. I am thinking about the dual tour but also like the solo and pillion. Here is my situation. I have just been able to get on the bike after a long winter and with 300m miles on it so far. The stock seat doesn't feel too bad but I haven't had a long ride yet. The stock back rest doesn't work for me. It feels  like I want to tilt the top back more but the adjustment won't let me. My wife doesn't like the small pad and short sissy bar either. I'm about 6'2" and 210#. I am looking into moving floorboards now. My wife is not going to be able to give up much room either on the back. I was wondering how Corbin's backrests are as far as comfort and adjustability. Does the passenger feel the height is better than the stock seat? The Corbin sounds like it might be a good seat, just wondering if it will fit ok. Most seats can't be returned so a person is stuck if they don't like them. I will also probably add the tour pak later this Spring. I love the bike though. A good ride.
Keep your knees to the breeze
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5  All

Page created in 0.18 seconds with 24 queries.