Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: WINDSHIELD BAG??  (Read 4871 times)

ccr

• SEEG Cult Senior Member
  • 5k CVO Member
Re: WINDSHIELD BAG??
« Reply #15 on: January 24, 2008, 01:06:50 PM »

I've also got the triple bag on my '05. Like it a lot but it does contact the windscreen and consequently the inside is all scratched up. Still worth it for me though.
I have that bag too, and my windshield is the flame one.  You can not use the bag on this windshield or it will rub the flames off.  So, my windshield has rubbed off flames where the bag touches.  Worth It!   :)

XM radio is in center pouch, bike keys in outer pouch and I don't know what is in the last one.   :D

LRebel

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #16 on: January 24, 2008, 01:16:34 PM »

I have that bag too, and my windshield is the flame one.  You can not use the bag on this windshield or it will rub the flames off.  So, my windshield has rubbed off flames where the bag touches.  Worth It!   :)

XM radio is in center pouch, bike keys in outer pouch and I don't know what is in the last one.   :D

Candy,
I have the HD flame windshield also.  Based on my experience with past bikes, I knew that the windshield bag would rub the flames off, so I have not added the bag yet.
My question is, do you think that some of that protective film stuff applied to the bottom three inches of the flame windshield would protect the flames??

ccr

• 5k CVO Member
« Reply #17 on: January 24, 2008, 01:27:36 PM »

Candy,
I have the HD flame windshield also.  Based on my experience with past bikes, I knew that the windshield bag would rub the flames off, so I have not added the bag yet.
My question is, do you think that some of that protective film stuff applied to the bottom three inches of the flame windshield would protect the flames??
No, not at all.  I think I did put a couple of those rubber feet you buy for a couple of bucks at the hardware store to keep the bag away a bit.  I also use those same feet for the bottom of the saddle bags and tour pak.  But at the points where there is touching, it is scratched.  I am not a fussy as a lot of you.  From a couple feet back, you can't see it.  If you are on top of it, it is very visible.  My bike is not here so I can't show you what three years of trashing does.  I have a new back up windshield for the day this one is not acceptable any more, but I don't expect to be breaking it out any time soon.  Flames and roses is kinda the theme on my bike other than the stock CVO stuff. 

LRebel

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #18 on: January 24, 2008, 01:38:31 PM »

No, not at all.  I think I did put a couple of those rubber feet you buy for a couple of bucks at the hardware store to keep the bag away a bit.  I also use those same feet for the bottom of the saddle bags and tour pak.  But at the points where there is touching, it is scratched.  I am not a fussy as a lot of you.  From a couple feet back, you can't see it.  If you are on top of it, it is very visible.  My bike is not here so I can't show you what three years of trashing does.  I have a new back up windshield for the day this one is not acceptable any more, but I don't expect to be breaking it out any time soon.  Flames and roses is kinda the theme on my bike other than the stock CVO stuff. 

On my last bike, I painted the bottom three inches or so of the windshield flat black on the inside of the windshield so the backs of the windshield bag could not be seen.  It looked pretty sharp, but after a while the bags rubbed through the paint.  Still didn't look bad.  Since the bag was also black it was hardly noticeable.

ccr

• 5k CVO Member
« Reply #19 on: January 24, 2008, 01:45:59 PM »

On my last bike, I painted the bottom three inches or so of the windshield flat black on the inside of the windshield so the backs of the windshield bag could not be seen.  It looked pretty sharp, but after a while the bags rubbed through the paint.  Still didn't look bad.  Since the bag was also black it was hardly noticeable.
My husband has folded a bandanna (American flag theme) and pushed it down in place.  When it gets dirty, take it out and wash it.  From the front of the bike, it looks great.

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
« Reply #20 on: January 24, 2008, 04:48:10 PM »

My husband has folded a bandanna (American flag theme) and pushed it down in place.  When it gets dirty, take it out and wash it.  From the front of the bike, it looks great.

That is a GREAT idea - the bandanna.  Another good idea to copy appropriate steal use on my bike.  Thanks!
"I had the right to remain silent, but I didn't have the ability." ~ RW
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.136 seconds with 20 queries.