Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [All]

Author Topic: "Super" SERT?  (Read 18468 times)

WVULTRA

• Senior CVO Member
"Super" SERT?
« on: January 24, 2008, 07:18:43 PM »

From the new P&A catalog:

Screamin’ Eagle® Pro EFI Super Tuner

Get the biggest advantage at the race track with the Screamin’ Eagle® Pro EFI Super
Tuner. The hardware and software in the Super Tuner feature a completely new design
that makes EFI tuning faster and easier, through dozens of brand new features and innovative
tuning enhancements. Super Tuner is available in 7 languages (English, Spanish,
German, French, Japanese, Italian, Portuguese, and Dutch), and is compatible with
Windows XP and Vista.
The Super Tuner Kit includes an ergonomically improved Vehicle Communication
Interface (VCI) box and a Software CD. The new VCI allows USB connectivity to your
PC and contains on board memory for a full 15 minutes of data recording, tracking up to
26 data variables. Data recording is conveniently activated with a push of a button, allowing
the VCI to be taken to the track to gather data during true race conditions. Cable
kit (P/N 32184-08) is sold separately and provides all necessary connections between
Motorcycle, VCI, and PC / Laptop.
The New Super Tuner Software is easy to use with a large icon layout, compatible with
touch screen laptops, the ability to work in 4 windows (tables) at one time, and enhanced
help tools to keep you on track. Data and Tuning functions are combined into a single
application, insuring you are only 2 clicks away from any major tuning function. With a
click of a button, the new software automatically connects to the internet and updates to
the most current version as well as retrieves the newest calibrations developed by professional
Screamin’ Eagle calibrators. Software contains built-in model recognition that filters
calibrations, listing those that are applicable to your model. State of the art graphing
capabilities illustrate tables clearly, highlighting areas for improvement, and are fully scalable
and customizable. Additional features include editable calibration text, custom note
fields, drag and drop, cut and paste, and printing capability.
To get you on the track quickly, Screamin’ Eagle offers a comprehensive computer based
training DVD, (P/N 32101-08). Available in February 2008. For race application only.

Screamin’ Eagle Pro Super Tuner Kit
32109-08 $549.95

Fits fuel injected ’02-later VRSC™, ’07-later XL, ’04-later Dyna®, ’01-later Softail®, and ’02-later
Touring models.

Screamin’ Eagle Pro Super Tuner Cable Kit
32184-08 $39.95

Screamin’ Eagle Pro Super Tuner Training DVD
32101-08 $29.95  For use with Super Tuner P/N 32109-08.

:coolblue:
'07 Ultra Classic
Axtell Mountain Motor 107" 
Baisley Stage II Heads
HPI 48 Conversion TB
SE Intake w/Zippers Max-Flow
Rinehart Tru Duals
TTS MasterTune
'08 Brembo Conversion

CVOSPRINGER

New Harley Race Tuner
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2008, 12:02:48 AM »

You can google this part nunber for more info. 32109-08 :2vrolijk_21:

Screamin’ Eagle® Pro EFI Super Tuner
Get the biggest advantage at the race track with the Screamin’ Eagle® Pro EFI Super Tuner. The hardware and software in the Super Tuner feature a completely new design
that makes EFI tuning faster and easier, through dozens of brand new features and innovative tuning enhancements. Super Tuner is available in 7 languages (English, Spanish,
German, French, Japanese, Italian, Portuguese, and Dutch), and is compatible with Windows XP and Vista.

The Super Tuner Kit includes an ergonomically improved Vehicle Communication Interface (VCI) box and a Software CD. The new VCI allows USB connectivity to your
PC and contains on board memory for a full 15 minutes of data recording, tracking up to 26 data variables. Data recording is conveniently activated with a push of a button, allowing
the VCI to be taken to the track to gather data during true race conditions. Cable kit (P/N 32184-08) is sold separately and provides all necessary connections between
Motorcycle, VCI, and PC / Laptop.

The New Super Tuner Software is easy to use with a large icon layout, compatible with touch screen laptops, the ability to work in 4 windows (tables) at one time, and enhanced
help tools to keep you on track. Data and Tuning functions are combined into a single application, insuring you are only 2 clicks away from any major tuning function. With a
click of a button, the new software automatically connects to the internet and updates to the most current version as well as retrieves the newest calibrations developed by professional
Screamin’ Eagle calibrators. Software contains built-in model recognition that filters calibrations, listing those that are applicable to your model. State of the art graphing
capabilities illustrate tables clearly, highlighting areas for improvement, and are fully scalable and customizable. Additional features include editable calibration text, custom note
fields, drag and drop, cut and paste, and printing capability.

To get you on the track quickly, Screamin’ Eagle offers a comprehensive computer based training DVD, (P/N 32101-08). Available in February 2008. For race application only.
Screamin’ Eagle Pro Super Tuner Kit
32109-08 $549.95
Fits fuel injected ’02-later VRSC™, ’07-later XL, ’04-later Dyna®, ’01-later Softail®, and ’02-later
Touring models.
Screamin’ Eagle Pro Super Tuner Cable Kit
32184-08 $39.95
Screamin’ Eagle Pro Super Tuner Training DVD
32101-08 $29.95
For use with Super Tuner P/N 32109-08.

08 FXSTSSE2
06 FXDLI

CVOJOE

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Life's a journey, why not enjoy the ride?
Re: New Harley Race Tuner
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2008, 01:22:03 AM »

:zwtf:     $549.95 and then you still have to buy the damn cable separately?  :nixweiss: What a deal!!!!
2003 FLHRSEI2. (Sold) :(

Horsepower is how fast you hit a wall.Torque is how far you will take the wall with you.

WVULTRA

• Senior CVO Member
Re: "Super" SERT?
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2008, 06:17:54 PM »

More on the Pro Tuner:

TTS is no longer the software supplier. The new supplier for the "Super Tuner" is SPX Kent Moore. The screens look more like the Digital Tech screens since the software is from the same supplier. There are currently no plans for "auto tune" or real time cell tracing, which would have been nice. Dealers will be limited to 4 Super Tuners per month as production on the new tuner ramps up. As the product is tuned the same way the old one is, there should be no problem in getting your bike taken care of while one product is ramped up and the older one is phased out. You will be able to paste and copy older tuning files from SERT to Super Tuner files. The new dongle marrys to the ECM as the old one did. The biggest advantage from my perspective is USB connectivety and the data record option on the new dongle.

And from Steve Cole of TTS:

Well for those of you who do not know me I work at TTS and we designed and manufactured the SERT and several other products for HD. Many updates that we wanted to do were turned down repeatedly by HD so that is why the product did not grow as it should have. That being said we will be releasing our tuning software for the HD bikes to the public in the end of Feb. first part of March. The product works on windows 98 and newer platforms and yes it's windows Vista compatible. It will look and feel like the SERT as it has always been owned by TTS but there are several upgrades being added for the first release. As many of you have figured out having files on the net is no big deal but that was something HD refused when we proposed it 2 years ago. As people send in files we will update our site with them but it's up to you the customers to send them to us for posting. The first release will get some pretty nice changes that I cannot speak about just yet but rest assured it will make tuning your Delphi HD bike much simpler and quicker than anything on the market. One feature I can tell you about is the ability to take a copy of a calibration that is currently on your bike, just plug in and upload the current calibration from the bike and save it to your PC. If at any time you want, you can simply program that file back into the bike as you have a copy of it. As the new product gets closer to release I will post all it's new features.

The SERT was and always has been a product of TTS.  Just look under "help" and "about" in every copy of the software ever sold. We manufactured both the hardware and software. HD has never owned it. Up until last year there were agreements in place that no longer apply so we are taking the product to the public and it will be marketed as a TTS product once again. If you do some searching you would find we've been manufacture tuning and logging software since the late 80's early 90's. The product will revert back to the original names of Mastertune and DataMaster. Ever wonder why the file ext's were .MTx and DMx? Now you know why. The current product (SERT) can be run with both applications on the screen at once and  you can simply "click" from one window to the other as this is a standard feature in windows. We have no involvement in the new tuner that HD will be selling. The maps on our site are a free service that we provide for anyone to download and use. It's a clearing house of maps for our products but it's up to you the public how good it becomes. As stated before I cannot get into everything that will be coming in our first public release but rest assured there are many improvements with many more to follow in future releases. Everything we've wanted to do for over 2 years is in the works but it will not all come out in the first release as it would take to long to complete it all. Any purchaser of our new TTS product will be able to update to the latest software free of charge. This is something we've wanted since we first started selling through HD back in 2002 but again they refused to move forward with much of anything other than to add the next model year for coverage to the product.

:2vrolijk_21:
'07 Ultra Classic
Baisley Stage II Heads
HPI 48 Conversion TB
Rinehart Tru Duals
TTS MasterTune
'08 Brembo Conversion

Chief

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #4-3/8
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2008, 07:07:21 PM »

Here's their site.

http://www.mastertune.net/

:indian_chief:

hdnut

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2008, 08:54:27 PM »

I'm just now going to put a sert on my seeg , should I wait and run the new version or the old version??? :nixweiss:
hdnut

LRebel

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2008, 09:08:33 PM »

I'm just now going to put a sert on my seeg , should I wait and run the new version or the old version??? :nixweiss:

Inquiring Minds Want To Know :-\

hdnut

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2008, 09:00:38 PM »

No one know's yet??????
hdnut

103_RK

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2008, 06:48:29 AM »

Any chance the software upgrade would be available to current SERT owners?  If not free than could it be made available for a price?  Will the hardware change as well?  I would love the copying of the existing map feature.  I always thought not being able to do this was inconvenient.  Harley thinks the maps are gold and doesn't want us to be able to share.
103 RK
2003 FLHRSEI2

Black Diamond

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 11 FLHXSE2 "Vanessa"
    • CVO2: 08 FLHRSE4 "Lexi" "Bike from Hell"
    • CVO3: 02 FLHRSEI "Ruby"
« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2008, 07:48:24 AM »

subscribing

Chief

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #4-3/8
« Reply #10 on: January 30, 2008, 07:49:43 AM »

subscribing

If you want to get emails for a topic, there is a 'Notify' button at the bottom of the thread. If you click that button you don't need to actually make a post. I learned that the hard way.  :)

Black Diamond

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 11 FLHXSE2 "Vanessa"
    • CVO2: 08 FLHRSE4 "Lexi" "Bike from Hell"
    • CVO3: 02 FLHRSEI "Ruby"
« Reply #11 on: January 30, 2008, 08:09:16 AM »

Thanks Chief   Much easier that way  ;D

arcticdude

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #12 on: January 30, 2008, 10:42:11 PM »

Does anybody know where (if) the HD sert cd is posted?
don't waste your time with a usa-spec ipod adapter- chitty products with chitty support

cursed_through_life

« Reply #13 on: January 31, 2008, 11:16:08 AM »

Just a heads up the serts are no longer going to be coming with CDs for consumer use.  CDs will be issued to dealers as new software is devolped.  I am not so sure about the software for the super tuner but I know for a fact the normal tuners will not have CDs.  Also, the 32107-01L is the only unit that will work with '08 and later bikes and it is currently pending obsolete with no replacement announced as of yet.

Unbalanced

• FUD Examiner
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 SESG,
    • CVO2: 2004 SEEG Pumpkin,
    • CVO3: 2002 Police Roadking, Maudie and Maybelle Slayer
« Reply #14 on: January 31, 2008, 02:17:35 PM »

Does anybody know where (if) the HD sert cd is posted?

It was posted for about 3+ weeks then taken down since no one else was downloading it.
HBRR Florida Chapter,  STILL - The Fastest Chapter - Proven yet again Bikeweek 2017

2006_CVO_HD

• 2008 FLHTCUSE-3
  • Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2008 FLHTCUSE-3/White Frost & Silver Mist
    • www.harleydavidsonbikers.com
« Reply #15 on: January 31, 2008, 08:08:02 PM »

My 2008 FLHTCUSE-3 has a build date of February 15th according to HD's computer. I'll contact the dealer and see what they recommend for it because I'm thinking it will be sometime in March before mine arrives. I'm definitely going with a race turner and dyno tuning this time for sure......
LIFE BEGINS WHEN YOU GET ONE!!!!!!

cursed_through_life

« Reply #16 on: January 31, 2008, 08:22:16 PM »

I found out that there is a good chance that the super tuner will be a '09 model year part.  Looks like those interested will have to wait this one out.  More info as I get it.

ccr

• SEEG Cult Senior Member
  • 5k CVO Member
« Reply #17 on: February 01, 2008, 07:31:13 AM »

If you want to get emails for a topic, there is a 'Notify' button at the bottom of the thread. If you click that button you don't need to actually make a post. I learned that the hard way.  :)

Duh!  :-[  I did not know that either.   :o

towjamin

• It was worth the fight!

• CVO1: 2008 FXSTSSE2 orange
« Reply #18 on: February 01, 2008, 03:05:28 PM »

has anyone actually gotten one of the "super SERT's" yet? i know they say they aren't released yet :deal:, and I'm not looking to killed for asking :stars:,  just checking to see if one has made it into anyones hands, i have one on order and they say i could have it withing the next few weeks, but i know how that goes :zstupid: thanks, Jamie
DO SOMETHING,,,, even if it ain't right!

towjamin

« Reply #19 on: February 01, 2008, 05:23:44 PM »

i just got a call from my "dealer" he has my super sert sitting on his desk, it will be shipped to me on Monday! so i will see what the deal is shortly! Jamie

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #20 on: February 01, 2008, 08:58:14 PM »

I found out that there is a good chance that the super tuner will be a '09 model year part.  Looks like those interested will have to wait this one out.  More info as I get it.

i just got a call from my "dealer" he has my super sert sitting on his desk, it will be shipped to me on Monday! so i will see what the deal is shortly! Jamie

:oops:   :huepfenlol2:

Good news on getting the part Tow.  Yours is the first I remember of someone who will have one in hand.  Will look forward to all you have to share about what it does and the differences from the predecessor.

WVULTRA

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #21 on: February 01, 2008, 09:45:42 PM »

This is for the Pro Tuner Training DVD I ordered:

We placed the order and Harley has a future release date of 2/29/08 on the training DVD 32101-08

John
Zanotti's

:smilie_daumenneg:
'07 Ultra Classic
Baisley Stage II Heads
HPI 48 Conversion TB
Rinehart Tru Duals
TTS MasterTune
'08 Brembo Conversion

towjamin

« Reply #22 on: February 15, 2008, 04:05:54 PM »

:orange: RACE TUNER IN HAND! :orange:  :oops: they forgot to send the cable  that i ordered with it :sauer005: so i still cant play with it! said cable would go out on monday, so again, im still waiting :sauer019: , jamie

RBFB

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #23 on: February 24, 2008, 08:48:26 AM »

Anything new with this tuner? Does it lock into the stock ECU like the old one?

ace07fxdl

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #24 on: February 26, 2008, 07:54:30 AM »

My 2008 FLHTCUSE-3 has a build date of February 15th according to HD's computer. I'll contact the dealer and see what they recommend for it because I'm thinking it will be sometime in March before mine arrives. I'm definitely going with a race turner and dyno tuning this time for sure......

How do you access the HD computer to see when your bike was made?

2008 FLHRSE4 SERK
Twilight Blue & Candy Cobalt

"Chance favors the prepared mind" - Louis Pasteur

WVULTRA

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #25 on: February 27, 2008, 08:31:40 PM »

Anything new with this tuner? Does it lock into the stock ECU like the old one?

From the User's Manual:

NOTE: The VCI supplied with this software is for use on a single vehicle only. When the VCI is first
used to program a vehicle, it will be permanently locked to that vehicle, and cannot be used on any
other vehicle for programming.

:thumbsdown:
'07 Ultra Classic
Baisley Stage II Heads
HPI 48 Conversion TB
Rinehart Tru Duals
TTS MasterTune
'08 Brembo Conversion

ace07fxdl

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #26 on: February 29, 2008, 06:48:59 PM »

I just ordered a Pro SERT & cable kit from Adventure Harley Davidson in Ohio....it was the last one they had in stock. 2 day DHL shipping gets it in my hand by Tuesday. They're back ordered on the training CD though. Chicago told me a week and Zanotti's did not know when they would have any.

2008 FLHRSE4 SERK

WVULTRA

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #27 on: February 29, 2008, 07:06:26 PM »

Something that seems to be bothering those that have the Super Tuner:

If the Tuning option "Show File Dialog on Startup" is NOT selected, use these instructions to select a calibration. You may also use these instructions to switch to a different calibration while you are using Tuning, or to load a comparison calibration.

NOTE: Before you enter Tuning, you must be connected to a motorcycle. If you have not already done so, follow the instructions in "Connecting the VCI to the Motorcycle".

One tuner is already considering getting rid of his new Super Tuner and reverting back to the old SERT or Direct Link.

IOW, if one does a Data Recording and/or merely wants to modify any of the Tuning Tables it must be done while connected to the bike/ecm.

:nixweiss:

« Last Edit: February 29, 2008, 07:14:10 PM by WVULTRA »
'07 Ultra Classic
Baisley Stage II Heads
HPI 48 Conversion TB
Rinehart Tru Duals
TTS MasterTune
'08 Brembo Conversion

WVULTRA

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #28 on: March 01, 2008, 10:47:14 PM »

Everyone:

Seems there was an omission on procedures for modifying the tables with the Pro Tuner.  Not necessary after all to have the bike/ecm hooked up to make alterations to any of the tables.

drag any file you want to edit over to a position... release .. click display as a grid...  then work with any you want save ..compare ... etc..its a great program...( so far )..clicking on any file will not let it open ....

I've tried it, and yes it works as noted!

'07 Ultra Classic
Baisley Stage II Heads
HPI 48 Conversion TB
Rinehart Tru Duals
TTS MasterTune
'08 Brembo Conversion

ace07fxdl

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #29 on: March 02, 2008, 06:49:06 AM »

I'm seeing reports on another forum that the new Super Tuner cannot read the MT5 or MT6 files from the older version of the SERT. Also, that you can't download canned maps. I don't believe this but I guess it could be true. My Super SERT is on the truck on the way but I do not have it yet. I'll try and confirm this when mine arrives.

2008 FLHRSE4 SERK

sblade1948

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2007 FXDSE
« Reply #30 on: March 02, 2008, 07:40:15 AM »

Can the SERT adjust the speedometer ? I have an 07 FXDSE , Changed clutch pulley to a 30t. Thanks.

Chief

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #4-3/8
« Reply #31 on: March 02, 2008, 09:13:25 AM »

I'm seeing reports on another forum that the new Super Tuner cannot read the MT5 or MT6 files from the older version of the SERT. Also, that you can't download canned maps. I don't believe this but I guess it could be true. My Super SERT is on the truck on the way but I do not have it yet. I'll try and confirm this when mine arrives.

The first part is believable but I agree that the second part, not being able to download maps, doesn't seem like that would be a good decision.

WVULTRA

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #32 on: March 02, 2008, 08:35:37 PM »

Picked this up from a veteran tuner:

You can still down load maps from the Super Tuner...but they are just that, a canned map is only a starting point.  You have to do exactly what you had to do with the old tuner...there is no magic in this new tuner.  It has the same maps as the old tuner but they are a MTO file now instead of a MT5 or MT6 file. When I say it has the same maps I am speaking in general ,ie there might be some small changes in timing or fuel but are basically the same as the old maps....if you don't have all SE parts it won't be as close as it would if it did have all SE parts.  The Super Tuner has all the same tuning tables to work with but a new way to access the tables with their new software program. The ONLY thing I found to be different is it allows the computer to talk the the ECM via a USB port and Vista works this year.  There is less clicking with a mouse to get to the tuning tables which is stated as easier to tune....sorry but you still have to go through the process you did before this up graded tuner.  The last BIG change is it allows you to record 15 min of data without carrying a lap top with you......this doesn't mean you push this magic button, ride for 15 min then program it into the computer and it is all done, matter of fact I don't see how this helps the tuner get his job done any faster or better....it's just bells and whistles as far as I'm concerned. 

Bottom line is you still have to Dyno tune your build to dial in the canned map to your configuration, it doesn't happen any faster nor are there any short cuts if you want it done correctly.

I'm not bashing this product I'm just stating it's the same thing in a different package and it isn't magic or a self learner that some have been led to believe. The tune up is still a 4 to 5 hour job for the average experienced tuner.

'07 Ultra Classic
Baisley Stage II Heads
HPI 48 Conversion TB
Rinehart Tru Duals
TTS MasterTune
'08 Brembo Conversion
Pages: 1 2 3 [All]

Page created in 0.254 seconds with 24 queries.