Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10  All

Author Topic: The field narrows, McCain, Hillary, Obama.  (Read 12918 times)

SPIDERMAN

Re: The field narrows, McCain, Hillary, Obama.
« Reply #75 on: February 22, 2008, 12:01:27 PM »

Brian, nobody knows for sure but his hairdresser.  But nothing I've read has even suggested confirmation he was screwing around.  It has, however, suggested he was real tight with a lobbyist who also happened to be a woman.

Given the man's history that fits too.  His personal history isn't one of promiscuity.  It is one of too often being too tight with lobbyists and others dealing influence.  That's (basically) what got his ass in trouble as far back as Keating 5.  He has often walked that line very very closely.

Like I said Don, if he were a Democrat, he'd already be tarred and feathered. Because he's a Republican there's a million apologists like you ready, willing and able to make it all sound like Mary Poppins and Bert the Chimney Sweep.

B B

RedDevil

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #747.2 It's all good

• CVO1: '11 FLTRUSE Gray Ghost
    • CVO2: '12 FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock
« Reply #76 on: February 22, 2008, 12:13:24 PM »

Like I said Don, if he were a Democrat, he'd already be tarred and feathered. Because he's a Republican there's a million apologists like you ready, willing and able to make it all sound like Mary Poppins and Bert the Chimney Sweep.

B B

Unfortunately, believing anything the New York Times puts out is suspect for anyone that leans anyway but far left.  They posted a story without a shred of proof or evidence, other than hearsay from some disgruntled EX-staffers...The fact, as Don stated, is that McCain was and has been good friends with the lobbyists (and this one just happens to be female)...as have about 95% of all the politicians on the hill.  This is political sensationalism at its finest.  Can't really find much wrong with the guy, so let's make something up.  Politics as normal.

:devil:

2012 FLHXSE3
Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
  • Go fast or go home! EBCM member # 2.36 .01%
    • CVO2: 2011.5 SEUC
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG
« Reply #77 on: February 22, 2008, 12:20:15 PM »

B B

Don a Republican!  :o  :o  :o  :o  :o  :o

Hmmmmmmmm that Chief of Staff job is looking very good!

I want the Chairman of the Federal Reserve job!

Hubbard Pres!
Otis      VP
Don  Chief of Staff

Has a nice ring to it!

:2vrolijk_21:

2012      SERG  "Nu Blue"
2018      Goldwing   
2003      HD Electra Glide Classic Silver and Black, of course!                
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans
2018      Shelby GT350, 963 crank hp, 825 rear wheel hp

Talon

• Life is like a jar of jalapenos, what you do today may get you in the a$$ tomorrow!
  • 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #78 on: February 22, 2008, 12:23:00 PM »

Unfortunately, believing anything the New York Times puts out is suspect for anyone that leans anyway but far left.  They posted a story without a shred of proof or evidence, other than hearsay from some disgruntled EX-staffers...The fact, as Don stated, is that McCain was and has been good friends with the lobbyists (and this one just happens to be female)...as have about 95% of all the politicians on the hill.  This is political sensationalism at its finest.  Can't really find much wrong with the guy, so let's make something up.  Politics as normal.

Yea, no proof, no sources! Lets see Bill Clinton comment on this one!

LRebel

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #79 on: February 22, 2008, 12:29:06 PM »

Yep, I don't think I am buying the New York Times story about McCain fooling around.  I mean, no one has a Blue Dress with his DNA on it, do they?

I'm not a fan of McCain by any stretch, but looks like he is going to be, IMO, the best choice by far........Pretty Sad.

RedDevil

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #80 on: February 22, 2008, 12:31:40 PM »

Yep, I don't think I am buying the New York Times story about McCain fooling around.  I mean, no one has a Blue Dress with his DNA on it, do they?

I'm not a fan of McCain by any stretch, but looks like he is going to be, IMO, the best choice by far........Pretty Sad.

Got to agree with that...looks like it's going to be voting for the lesser of two evils...the OWG.

2012 FLHXSE3

LRebel

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #81 on: February 22, 2008, 12:33:48 PM »

Got to agree with that...looks like it's going to be voting for the lesser of two evils...the OWG.

Yeah, I am hoping the OWG will somehow change my opinion of him....Now is that optimism, or what ;D

Talon

• Life is like a jar of jalapenos, what you do today may get you in the a$$ tomorrow!
  • 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #82 on: February 22, 2008, 12:35:52 PM »

I hate this type of reporting on either side, what happened to verifying information. This is the stuff the tabloids do!

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #83 on: February 22, 2008, 12:38:27 PM »

B B

Brian, you're reading more than I'm saying.  There's enough democratic leaning press to get the GOP and vice versa.  And Senator McCain isn't my ideal for a nominee.  I'd draw a different character for sure.

I merely said that, given the facts of the day, there's nothing I've read that proves or even strongly suggests sexual promscuity or infidelity.  It's just not out there.  Reading it all from an analyst's perspective the facts are not in play.

I also said that it is far more in the guy's character and history to be cuddly close with a lobbyist, any lobbyist, than nakedly close with a woman not his wife.  That is in the man's character and history and has been shown to be so more than once in his legislative career.  Quite frankly that bothers me more for the nominee than that he might have had some dalliance years ago.  His wife forgives him or not for that.  His alliance with or willingness to serve lobby interests impacts on you and me.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2008, 12:40:17 PM by Twolanerider »

RedDevil

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #84 on: February 22, 2008, 12:40:30 PM »

I hate this type of reporting on either side, what happened to verifying information. This is the stuff the tabloids do!

They come from the "Dan Rather School of Sensationalism Journalism" ...  ::)

2012 FLHXSE3

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
« Reply #85 on: February 22, 2008, 12:40:59 PM »

Don a Republican!  :o  :o  :o  :o  :o  :o

Hmmmmmmmm that Chief of Staff job is looking very good!

I want the Chairman of the Federal Reserve job!

Hubbard Pres!
Otis      VP
Don  Chief of Staff

Has a nice ring to it!

I'll take the Secretary of War spot.  Figure changing the name of that dept. back is overdue.
 ;D
"I had the right to remain silent, but I didn't have the ability." ~ RW

RedDevil

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #86 on: February 22, 2008, 12:45:38 PM »

Brian, you're reading more than I'm saying.  There's enough democratic leaning press to get the GOP and vice versa.  And Senator McCain isn't my ideal for a nominee.  I'd draw a different character for sure.

I merely said that, given the facts of the day, there's nothing I've read that proves or even strongly suggests sexual promscuity or infidelity.  It's just not out there.  Reading it all from an analyst's perspective the facts are not in play.

I also said that it is far more in the guy's character and history to be cuddly close with a lobbyist, any lobbyist, than nakedly close with a woman not his wife.  That is in the man's character and history and has been shown to be so more than once in his legislative career.  Quite frankly that bothers me more for the nominee than that he might have had some dalliance years ago.  His wife forgives him or not for that.  His alliance with or willingness to serve lobby interests impacts on you and me.

Unfortunately, like I stated in an earlier post...that pertains to about 95% of the politicians on the hill...money (the old PAC fund contributions) has no party line...they lobbyists run the government...and you're right, it definitely impacts you and me a great deal.

« Last Edit: February 22, 2008, 12:47:18 PM by RedDevil »

2012 FLHXSE3

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
« Reply #87 on: February 22, 2008, 12:46:02 PM »

They come from the "Dan Rather School of Sensationalism Journalism" ...  ::)

A diehard Democrat loves the sop the NY Times serves up and accepts it as long as it bashes a conservative or a Republican.  Automatic pilot, basically.

Similar to a Republican's reaction when the Wall Street Journal exposes a liberal of a Democrat - they love it long time.

The hatchet job/witch hunt dumpster diving trash the NY Times just tried to pull on Mc Cain is not the end of it.  It gets worse, not better.  Strangely, the NY Times is IGNORING similar crappola re: Obama - affairs, wife is rumored to be nuts, crooked political dealings in Chicago, etc.  Wonder why?
"I had the right to remain silent, but I didn't have the ability." ~ RW

RedDevil

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #88 on: February 22, 2008, 12:48:47 PM »

A diehard Democrat loves the sop the NY Times serves up and accepts it as long as it bashes a conservative or a Republican.  Automatic pilot, basically.

Similar to a Republican's reaction when the Wall Street Journal exposes a liberal of a Democrat - they love it long time.

The hatchet job/witch hunt dumpster diving trash the NY Times just tried to pull on Mc Cain is not the end of it.  It gets worse, not better.  Strangely, the NY Times is IGNORING similar crappola re: Obama - affairs, wife is rumored to be nuts, crooked political dealings in Chicago, etc.  Wonder why?

I thinks that's rather obvious..... :-*

2012 FLHXSE3

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
  • Go fast or go home! EBCM member # 2.36 .01%
    • CVO2: 2011.5 SEUC
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG
« Reply #89 on: February 22, 2008, 12:57:55 PM »

And if you really want to hear a down and dirty rumor,

Don's neighbor's son that mows the grass for a higher up at Harley in York heard the exec's wife talking about him getting one of the first 09 Screaming Eagle Road Glides.

A 09 Screaming Eagle Road Glide
Now that gets my vote!

2012      SERG  "Nu Blue"
2018      Goldwing   
2003      HD Electra Glide Classic Silver and Black, of course!                
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans
2018      Shelby GT350, 963 crank hp, 825 rear wheel hp
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10  All

Page created in 0.188 seconds with 25 queries.