Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 21

Author Topic: Red/Red/Red FLTRSEI---SE Road Glide for Twolane  (Read 29887 times)

Boatman

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2014 CVO Limited
    • CVO2: 2010 SEUC-accident victim-gone
    • CVO3: 2005 SEEG-traded on 2010
Re: Red/Red/Red FLTRSEI---SE Road Glide for Twolane
« Reply #90 on: March 09, 2008, 11:58:03 AM »

im gonna call bullchit on your " I ain't gonna change much" crap earlier in this thread my friend..noone here is buying that!

I don't buy it either.   :)  Like Neil stated, it will be an 00 01 02-08 SERG before long. 

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #91 on: March 09, 2008, 12:06:02 PM »

man im glad that you found something to do with all your spare time dude!!!!

im gonna call bullchit on your " I ain't gonna change much" crap earlier in this thread my friend..noone here is buying that!

Just might surprise you.  I won't do to it anything close to what's been done to the red bike.  It's hard to argue with $12 covers.  But aside from that.....

Cosmetic changes that I can think of are likely to be limited pretty much to:

Neutral switch and speed cable end covers (I already have those in a drawer that had been installed before).

I will put chrome handlebar clamps and master cylinder on it.  That mix of part black and part chrome that Harley did with these on the handlebars I always thought was stupid. 

Will get an inner fairing painted to match the rest of the bike.  That's not a small chore but it'll be one with large benefits.

Will replace the windshield.  The two that are with it aren't good options.  The stock shorty is a little marked up.  It might or might not buff out.  But I'd like a bit more height out of it anyway.  The other taller one is far too tall.  I think I want a 12" screen.  May have to find that new Klock Werks screen.

Cosmetically can't think of much more than that though.

Mechanically it'll get new brake pads.  It already has new tires.  I hope I don't have to do the Traxxion Dynamics thing to the front.  That's expensive for a bike that won't be the long tripper.  It might be difficult not to though.  That's a big big improvement to have gotten used to on one platform and not have on the other.

The other mechanical upgrade I'm considering is a hydraulic clutch.  Though since they are so cheap on eBay sometimes I'll likely try that EZ pull kit first.

Aside from that the bike will have to tell me if the handlebars are ok.  That will require a little time in the saddle to know.

All in all not a huge list.  It ain't all cheapie quickie stuff unfortunately.  But it's not 15 pages long either.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2008, 12:08:05 PM by Twolanerider »

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #92 on: March 09, 2008, 12:08:50 PM »

I don't buy it either.   :)  Like Neil stated, it will be an 00 01 02-08 SERG before long. 

Et tu Boat-man :huepfenlol2: .

cuthbertss

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • red bikes..lots o red bikes

• CVO1: 2005 FLHTCSE2 (Red!)
    • CVO2: 2001 FXDWG2 ( way red!)
    • CVO3: 2005 Ford F350 HD True Blue Metallic

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #95 on: March 09, 2008, 12:20:41 PM »

Otis is in the house!!  Or at least in this thread. 

About damn time too.  C'mon Randy.  I need the PhD lecture.  "Everything I always needed to know about the Screamin Eagle Road Glide but was afraid to ask."  Help a guy out here and make me smart!!

cuthbertss

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • red bikes..lots o red bikes

• CVO1: 2005 FLHTCSE2 (Red!)
    • CVO2: 2001 FXDWG2 ( way red!)
    • CVO3: 2005 Ford F350 HD True Blue Metallic
« Reply #96 on: March 09, 2008, 12:21:01 PM »

It's karma bro.  Good karma at that :2vrolijk_21: .

not so sure...

but it is interesting that it would pop up this week

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #97 on: March 09, 2008, 12:24:07 PM »

not so sure...

but it is interesting that it would pop up this week

It's fate man.  I can hear the haunting tones of SERG speak rolling down hill from the Rockies and tossing across the plains right now.  Have to listen close but its plaintive wail is saying "Scot, buy meeeee...."

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #98 on: March 09, 2008, 12:27:30 PM »

Just might surprise you.  I won't do to it anything close to what's been done to the red bike.  It's hard to argue with $12 covers.  But aside from that.....

Cosmetic changes that I can think of are likely to be limited pretty much to:

Neutral switch and speed cable end covers (I already have those in a drawer that had been installed before).

I will put chrome handlebar clamps and master cylinder on it.  That mix of part black and part chrome that Harley did with these on the handlebars I always thought was stupid. 

Will get an inner fairing painted to match the rest of the bike.  That's not a small chore but it'll be one with large benefits.

Will replace the windshield.  The two that are with it aren't good options.  The stock shorty is a little marked up.  It might or might not buff out.  But I'd like a bit more height out of it anyway.  The other taller one is far too tall.  I think I want a 12" screen.  May have to find that new Klock Werks screen.

Cosmetically can't think of much more than that though.

Mechanically it'll get new brake pads.  It already has new tires.  I hope I don't have to do the Traxxion Dynamics thing to the front.  That's expensive for a bike that won't be the long tripper.  It might be difficult not to though.  That's a big big improvement to have gotten used to on one platform and not have on the other.

The other mechanical upgrade I'm considering is a hydraulic clutch.  Though since they are so cheap on eBay sometimes I'll likely try that EZ pull kit first.

Aside from that the bike will have to tell me if the handlebars are ok.  That will require a little time in the saddle to know.

All in all not a huge list.  It ain't all cheapie quickie stuff unfortunately.  But it's not 15 pages long either.

I will have a stock 12" H-D shield available in a couple weeks.  The dealer here had it in stock and I bought it last fall to be able to ride the bike a bit since mine only came with that super-short 3" black, uh . . . . useless thing.  Let me know if you're interested.

Aren't we spoiled with the hydraulic clutches on the SEEGs?  That cable operated clutches is one of the first things I complained about on mine.  I will do a hydraulic clutch to mine at some point, just a question of when and at that time will probably switch out the brake master cylinder/clamp for a chrome one, too.

OTIS

• MEMBER # 806
  • Elite CVO Member
  • Global President Hillbilly Rocket Riders

• CVO1: 05 CVO Banana
    • CVO2: 06 CVO V-Rod
« Reply #99 on: March 09, 2008, 12:29:01 PM »

Otis is in the house!!  Or at least in this thread. 

About damn time too.  C'mon Randy.  I need the PhD lecture.  "Everything I always needed to know about the Screamin Eagle Road Glide but was afraid to ask."  Help a guy out here and make me smart!!

Don I will call you in a few mins.

RANDY  
Fastest member of Hillbilly Rocket Riders

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #100 on: March 09, 2008, 12:32:37 PM »

I will have a stock 12" H-D shield available in a couple weeks.  The dealer here had it in stock and I bought it last fall to be able to ride the bike a bit since mine only came with that super-short 3" black, uh . . . . useless thing.  Let me know if you're interested.

Aren't we spoiled with the hydraulic clutches on the SEEGs?  That cable operated clutches is one of the first things I complained about on mine.  I will do a hydraulic clutch to mine at some point, just a question of when and at that time will probably switch out the brake master cylinder/clamp for a chrome one, too.

Is the 12" a bad height choice for you?  Or changing it out only because the other one will have finally arrived? 

Have you seen that Klock Werks wind screen?  They're stupid expensive for a piece of plastic.  But though I can make fun of their look I actually quite like it.  Might just go that route.  Will have to make up my mind.  How much you need for the 12" you've got if I decide to go that route?

I fear we have been spoiled by the hydro clutch.  Sad but true.  And that mix of black and chrome on the handlebar switch clamps and housings will have to be corrected.  That was a dumb idea from day one.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #101 on: March 09, 2008, 12:33:32 PM »

Don I will call you in a few mins.

RANDY  

Outstanding :2vrolijk_21: .

I feel smarter already and the phone hasn't even rang yet :bananarock: .

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #102 on: March 09, 2008, 12:46:21 PM »

Is the 12" a bad height choice for you?  Or changing it out only because the other one will have finally arrived? 

Have you seen that Klock Werks wind screen?  They're stupid expensive for a piece of plastic.  But though I can make fun of their look I actually quite like it.  Might just go that route.  Will have to make up my mind.  How much you need for the 12" you've got if I decide to go that route?

I fear we have been spoiled by the hydro clutch.  Sad but true.  And that mix of black and chrome on the handlebar switch clamps and housings will have to be corrected.  That was a dumb idea from day one.

The 12" just isn't quite tall enough for me.  The 14" recurve Clearview should be perfect.

The dealer here has a Klock Werks in stock.  $169.95, if I'm not mistaken. :shocked2:  It does look good, though, with the nice, swoopy lines.

I paid retail ($139.95), plus tax for it, so I'm into it for well over anything that it's really worth.  How 'bout $80 shipped?  It's mint.  Think about it.  I can't get it off the bike until it comes back from getting tuned and a few other things done, anyway, so you might have done something else by then.  If so, no problem . . . it goes on eBay.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #103 on: March 09, 2008, 12:50:22 PM »

The 12" just isn't quite tall enough for me.  The 14" recurve Clearview should be perfect.

The dealer here has a Klock Werks in stock.  $169.95, if I'm not mistaken. :shocked2:  It does look good, though, with the nice, swoopy lines.

I paid retail ($139.95), plus tax for it, so I'm into it for well over anything that it's really worth.  How 'bout $80 shipped?  It's mint.  Think about it.  I can't get it off the bike until it comes back from getting tuned and a few other things done, anyway, so you might have done something else by then.  If so, no problem . . . it goes on eBay.

Is the Klock Werks they've got the 12" tinted?  The few places I'd looked last night were not stocking vendors.  Looked like considerable delay.  Might just call your dealer and have them mail that swoopy one.  If I talk myself out of that I'd definitely do yours though.  You're just enough taller than me that it sounds like my guess of 12" will about right here.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #104 on: March 09, 2008, 12:54:19 PM »

Enough SERG revelry for me for now.  I'm off to the shop to fondle a drill press and put some new threads in a bearing support part.  This has been a good weekend.

Hmmm. Just remembered that that hardware bins at Lowes and Ace hardware have some various sizes of wellnuts.  Might be able to pick something up to work in the SERG's windshield holes.  A couple more of the old ones (besides the one that simply fell out) are well used up.  Cheap parts score from the hardware store might just have me back on the road.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 21

Page created in 0.199 seconds with 24 queries.