Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9  All

Author Topic: Favorite CDs  (Read 13693 times)

Smiler

• 1K CVO Member
Re: Favorite CDs
« Reply #60 on: March 12, 2008, 05:21:24 AM »

Depends on 3 things - the weather, the mood and whether it's Sunday (Elvis sings Gospel)

MUFFMAN

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 07 FLHTUSE2
    • CVO2: 09 FLTRSE3
« Reply #61 on: March 12, 2008, 06:14:41 AM »

No bellbottoms, but when my mom was throwing out some stuff, she found a pair of my platform shoes that I wore in the very early 70's...jeez, like at 6'4" I needed another 2" platforms....LOL...some of the crap that we wore in the 70's....not that I remember much of it.... :-*

:devil:

Yeah, man I dig. Solid.

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
« Reply #62 on: March 12, 2008, 08:11:29 AM »

d00d referred to Limewire earlier & it is a great source for tunes.  If you choose to get them that way it's best to remember that some folks on Limewire are antazzed virus sending twerps.  Mostly it's ok but be sure scan, scan, scan & re-scan.  Had 1 nasty experience that took a couple of hours to exterminate but usually its an ok source.  Some of the artists, albums, and songs are not "correct" & then they get repeated over & over by copymonkeys who do not know they are repeating errors. 

I also use u-torrent as well as my own CD collection & stuff from other folks.

Terry's list is very close to mine & I default to my personal "best ofs" by artist/band usually instead of entire albums for MP3s.  John Prine, The Outlaws, Alan Jackson, Hendrix (lots), Stevie Ray Vaughan, & on & on.  Still finding stuff & adding/editing.  Something to do on the rainy rotten day when I'd rather be riding but thinking ahead to listening while riding.  Gipsy Kings - added them not too long ago & still adding....
"I had the right to remain silent, but I didn't have the ability." ~ RW

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #63 on: March 12, 2008, 08:27:57 AM »

Yep Terry's and Mike's list for me, but you can go on forever. How about Warren Zevon, Dave Edmonds, Nick Lowe, Rockpile, Dr John, Joe Jackson...!

Oh yeah, Ten Years After too!

Innagaddavida Baby!!! ;)

Hoist! 8)
« Last Edit: March 12, 2008, 11:35:34 AM by Hoist! »
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
« Reply #64 on: March 12, 2008, 08:31:04 AM »

All good, Howie, all good & I have most of them also but not all.  Still adding stuff.

In-a-gadda-da-vida gets a thumbs up sometimes at a stoplight from people.  A must - complete drum solo of course.

And Janis Joplin, Etta James, Linda Rondstadt, & so on.
"I had the right to remain silent, but I didn't have the ability." ~ RW

Wrongway

• Stop Following Me!
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • What A Beautiful Mess I'm In......
    • CA

• CVO1: 2014 FLHTKSE Burgundy Blaze/Typhoon Maroon aka Mongo
    • CVO2: Gone:2005 FLHTCSE2 Cherry, Teal, 2006 FLHTCUSE Crimson
« Reply #65 on: March 12, 2008, 11:29:46 AM »

Time to dig deep! Songs or Bands you never knew or haven't heard in a long time. Try some Evanscaps at http://www.myspace.com/evanscapps. Ean Evans from Skynyrd and Bobby Capps from .38 Special did this work and it ROCKS!
Aerosmith.....Walking the Dog, Lord of the Thighs, Come Together
AC/DC....C.O.D., Touch too Much
Alice Cooper....Ain't that Just like a Woman (You will think he sounds like Elvis here, good luck finding it)
Alvin Lee....The Bluest Blues
Alvin Lee/Richie Blackmore/Roger Glover/Ina Paice/Jon Lord.....Bullfrog
Barefoot Servants....Blackbird
Blackfoot.....Good Morning (this will get you going better than a Bloody Mary)
The Boneshakers....Water in the Well, Let's Straighten it Out
Chuck Berry....Nadine
Climax Blues Band....Couldn't get it Right
The Coasters....Charlie Brown, Yakety Yak, Poison Ivy
Commander Cody....Hot Rod Lincoln
Corey Stevens.....Take it Back
Wynonna Judd....That was Yesterday (Great blues here)
UFO....Love to Love-live, Only you can Rock Me
Trace Adkins.................................................CHROME!!!!!!!
Thin Lizzy.....Any of their songs that didn't get air play!
Ted Nugent....Together, Hammerdown, Writing on the Wall (all with Meatloaf on vocals)
OK I'm done for now,  Dave

Midnight Rider

• AKA: TCnBham
  • 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2011 SERGU Rio Red (sold)
« Reply #66 on: March 12, 2008, 11:58:49 AM »

Oh...forgot one of all time favorites: Little Feat!! 

Bonnie Raitt; Tracey Chapman; Ray Charles; Van Morrison; Jackson Browne; BB King; Santana; Pink Floyd; Moody Blues; Jethro Tull; Old and In The Way ( a Bluegrass album with Garcia on Banjo, Grissom on Mandolin, and I forget the other two members on flattop and stand up bass); Dylan; CCR...the list goes on and on....
Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight.
I had the right to remain silent, just not the ability...

Gone, but not forgotten...2011 FLTRUSE with
Fullsac X Pipe w/2" Baffles
Legend Air Ride Rear Shocks
Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 Front Suspension
Clearview GT13 Windshield
TTS Mastertune

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #67 on: March 12, 2008, 12:14:02 PM »

Oh...forgot one of all time favorites: Little Feat!! 

Bonnie Raitt; Tracey Chapman; Ray Charles; Van Morrison; Jackson Browne; BB King; Santana; Pink Floyd; Moody Blues; Jethro Tull; Old and In The Way ( a Bluegrass album with Garcia on Banjo, Grissom on Mandolin, and I forget the other two members on flattop and stand up bass); Dylan; CCR...the list goes on and on....

Man Terry, you're probably one of the few that can probably listen to ANYTHING in my oddball 2000+ CD collection. And I had to search far and wide to replace some of my vinyls. Imported a lot of them directly from Japan. They're more into some of the esoteric stuff than we are. ;)

Oh yeah, Squeeze, the Doors, The Cars, Roy Orbison, mostly all 60's Motown, the Byrds, King Crimson, the Kinks, solo John Lennon, Traffic, Alice in Chains.....! Oh yeah, and pretty much EVERYTHING on Deep Tracks-XM Ch. 40 :2vrolijk_21:

Hoist! 8)

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

Wrongway

• Stop Following Me!
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • What A Beautiful Mess I'm In......
    • CA

• CVO1: 2014 FLHTKSE Burgundy Blaze/Typhoon Maroon aka Mongo
    • CVO2: Gone:2005 FLHTCSE2 Cherry, Teal, 2006 FLHTCUSE Crimson
« Reply #68 on: March 12, 2008, 01:33:38 PM »

True Album Rock! The best of everyone is the stuff you never hear on the radio, especially here in So. Cal. the radio s cks!
One of my prides is my music collection of guitar picks, drum sticks, and autographs. Got a guitar autographed by all of .38 Special that we auctioned for our Fallen Hero's Ride. Hated to part with it, but the cause is close to my heart. I will be trying to get another in June with Charlie Daniels, .38, and Shooter Jennings, wish me luck. And yes, it too will be auctioned for the cause.
Where are the Outlaws fans? Still hard to believe the passing of Hughie  :bigcry:. And yes, I have one of his picks!

miker

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009FLHTCUSE4
« Reply #69 on: March 12, 2008, 01:36:42 PM »

Taj Mahal, anything from the Staxx record days, Tab Benoit, Mofro....Toots and the Maytals...Paul Butterfield you know
as long as it is not Top 40

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #70 on: March 12, 2008, 01:40:51 PM »

Taj Mahal, anything from the Staxx record days, Tab Benoit, Mofro....Toots and the Maytals...Paul Butterfield you know
as long as it is not Top 40

Taj, Stax/Volt!!! :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21:

Hoist! 8)

miker

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009FLHTCUSE4
« Reply #71 on: March 12, 2008, 01:45:32 PM »

Check the Mofro, southern fried funkadelic cracker soul....

jeffj

• 1K CVO Member
  • "Teach a man to swim, but not while he's drowning"

• CVO1: 2004 Orange Pearl and Jet Black FLHTCSE & 2002 Candy/Brandywine FLHRSEI
    • CVO2: 2006 Autumn Haze FLHTCUSE Sold - 11-11-12 Bought another 2006 SEUC
    • CVO3: 2003 Gold FLHRSEI2 Sold CVO4: 2002 Purple FLHRSEI Crashed
« Reply #72 on: March 12, 2008, 05:14:19 PM »

Molly Hatchet - true biker music
http://www.mollyhatchet.com/

jeffj

Midnight Rider

• AKA: TCnBham
  • 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2011 SERGU Rio Red (sold)
« Reply #73 on: March 12, 2008, 05:44:39 PM »

Hoist...you are probably correct, buddy.  I have eclectic taste in music, depending on my mood.  Not much into some of the country stuff, other than the Patsy Cline type of cry in your beer stuff.  Jimmy Thackery is a great Texas Blues guitar guy too.  Haven't thought of King Crimson in a LONG time, but saw them once in an altered state of conciousness (Mr Natural, if memory serves).  Deep Purple; Black Sabbath (the original album); Uriah Heap; had the pleasure of seeing Fleetwood Mac with Deep Purple many moons ago, before Stevie Nicks and Lindsey Buckingham joined the group (Bare Trees album); Joni Mitchell is an all time favorite...incredible song writer; Steve Miller Band; Will The Circle Be Unbroken bluegrass album is a classic; Bang; Police (early stuff); Stevie Winwood; Loggins and Messina (early stuff); Iron Butterfly; It's a Beautiful Day;Ronnie Earl and the Broadcasters.

One you might not have:  Blows Against The Empire (another Starship/Dead/and other assorted artists collaboration)...it's far f'in out, man  ;D  But you've got to be in the "right" frame of mind to listen to it   :2vrolijk_21:
Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight.
I had the right to remain silent, just not the ability...

Gone, but not forgotten...2011 FLTRUSE with
Fullsac X Pipe w/2" Baffles
Legend Air Ride Rear Shocks
Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 Front Suspension
Clearview GT13 Windshield
TTS Mastertune

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #74 on: March 12, 2008, 06:06:12 PM »

Hoist...you are probably correct, buddy.  I have eclectic taste in music, depending on my mood.  Not much into some of the country stuff, other than the Patsy Cline type of cry in your beer stuff.  Jimmy Thackery is a great Texas Blues guitar guy too.  Haven't thought of King Crimson in a LONG time, but saw them once in an altered state of conciousness (Mr Natural, if memory serves).  Deep Purple; Black Sabbath (the original album); Uriah Heap; had the pleasure of seeing Fleetwood Mac with Deep Purple many moons ago, before Stevie Nicks and Lindsey Buckingham joined the group (Bare Trees album); Joni Mitchell is an all time favorite...incredible song writer; Steve Miller Band; Will The Circle Be Unbroken bluegrass album is a classic; Bang; Police (early stuff); Stevie Winwood; Loggins and Messina (early stuff); Iron Butterfly; It's a Beautiful Day;Ronnie Earl and the Broadcasters.

One you might not have:  Blows Against The Empire (another Starship/Dead/and other assorted artists collaboration)...it's far f'in out, man  ;D  But you've got to be in the "right" frame of mind to listen to it   :2vrolijk_21:

You just hit another batch right on the head Terry! Amazing how similar our tastes are in music are. We musta had similar teenage years growing up too! Won't go into any depth there though! :nixweiss: ::) :o :D ;)

Hoist! 8)

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9  All

Page created in 0.184 seconds with 20 queries.