Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 15

Author Topic: New Vance & Hines Monster Ovals  (Read 72910 times)

flyingwillie

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 05 Cherry SEEG__Sold
    • CVO2: 06 Autumn Haze SEUC__Sold
    • CVO3: 09 Silver/Blue SEUC 4
Re: New Vance & Hines Monster Ovals
« Reply #150 on: October 10, 2008, 05:54:13 PM »

No problem bro! I don't mind treating! Be safe heading back home.

Rob, got home and found the Bub's on my door step.  Here they are on the bike...sorry lighting was not good in the garage.  First impression is they are much quieter than the V&H ovals I had on the 05 and 06.  We'll see.  I opted to turn the slash consistent with the slope of the saddle bags.  Perhaps the other way the noise would bounce more off the pavement  :nixweiss:  I like this look though.

flyingwillie

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #151 on: October 10, 2008, 05:54:54 PM »

Another

flyingwillie

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #152 on: October 10, 2008, 05:55:50 PM »

flyingwillie

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #153 on: October 10, 2008, 05:56:54 PM »

One more

Robmay

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #154 on: October 10, 2008, 06:09:32 PM »

Look good!! They will sound different turned down.

chanman

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: O6 SE Ultra Classic (Sold)
    • CVO2: 09 SE Ultra Classic
« Reply #155 on: October 11, 2008, 01:47:19 PM »

I sent an email to Vance and Hines first to inquiry which ones would work on an 09. He said by Dec they should have the whole line ready of the 09s but right now it was the Monster Ovals and one other. I liked to fell over when I saw how much the monsters were almost 2x. I wrote them back and asked why they were so expensive,but alas I did not receive a response.
Can a novice install a Race Tuner or Super tuner as They are called now? My dealer here in SoCal (Biggs) will not do any performance work. This includes even installing mufflers. I was amazed. So I guess I will have to install unless anyone has a reliable shop here in SOCal that will do the work? Any feedback on shopes would be great. Thanks
Chanman

planenut

• 1K CVO Member
  • life is short enjoy the ride
    • NJ

• CVO1: 2022 Road glide Limited Wicked orange Pearl and Blackhole
    • CVO2: 18 115 cvo limited anniversary #1068(sold)
    • CVO3: 15 cvo Limited Maroon and silver (sold)
« Reply #156 on: October 16, 2008, 12:11:45 AM »

if you can play with a computer you can do a super tuner,and if need be you can get the training disc from h-d ,it tell how to do it step by step and if you like it also goes into great detail

jon
Fullsac headpipe TAb Performance 4.5 slash 2.5 baffles
SERT program   horsepower hd cam
freedom shields 13 in
Custom Dynamics full lighting Ft and rear
Soundz 6 speaker set up 1k amp
Legends Axeo ft and Revo A in rear

CTcvorider

• Junior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLTRUSE
    • CVO2: 2010 R1200RT
    • CVO3: 1985 Ducati MHR Mille
« Reply #157 on: October 18, 2008, 12:42:02 AM »

The mounting 'rails' for these things are about nine inches long with a one inch bend at the rear end (past where it passes through the mount grommet).  Does anyone know it this bend is supposed to be up, down, or does it matter?  For some reason my left side muffler is about 1/2 inch lower than the right when the bike is level.  I can't see any obvious way to correct that.

Robmay

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #158 on: October 18, 2008, 08:08:50 AM »

The bend on mine was only a "lip" (not 1 inch) and I turned it up and almost flush with the rubber piece.

MikeD

« Reply #159 on: October 19, 2008, 02:18:20 PM »

Rob, got home and found the Bub's on my door step.  Here they are on the bike...sorry lighting was not good in the garage.  First impression is they are much quieter than the V&H ovals I had on the 05 and 06.  We'll see.  I opted to turn the slash consistent with the slope of the saddle bags.  Perhaps the other way the noise would bounce more off the pavement  :nixweiss:  I like this look though.

I like it Warren, looks great!

chanman

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: O6 SE Ultra Classic (Sold)
    • CVO2: 09 SE Ultra Classic
« Reply #160 on: October 20, 2008, 06:12:18 PM »

Hey Rob
Did you have any problem with not having a PC or SERT I think you were saying you thought the bike could handle it without one just curious how it turned out

Robmay

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #161 on: October 20, 2008, 06:54:08 PM »

Hey Rob
Did you have any problem with not having a PC or SERT I think you were saying you thought the bike could handle it without one just curious how it turned out

So far so good. Lots of heat still where the cat is located in the pipe. Other than that, I haven't had any problems that I know of but I am watching it closely.

SE66

• Senior CVO Member
  • Life Begins When You Get One

• CVO1: 2009 FLHTCUSE4 Twilight Blue / Stardust Silver
« Reply #162 on: October 23, 2008, 01:46:45 PM »

Was curious about the BUB 7's .  Thinking about purchasing some myself.  I have the same bike that you show in your pictures.  Several questions :
(1).  How do they compare in sound to the Rinehart's
(2).  Is the part number 1801-0190
(3).  Do they fit properly,  did you have any trouble installing them
(4).  Of course the vendors all show that they only fit up to the 08's, but looks like you put them on a 09.  I guess
       vendors haven't updated their websites.

I was going to go with the BUB 7 True Duals when they come out in December but was disappointed when they accounced that the pipes would exit and bend over the derby cover like all the previoius yr models.  Anyway I think I want the slipon's but just not sure which one I want BUB7 or Rinehart. 

Appreciate all input

Jimmy
Jimmy

Robmay

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #163 on: October 24, 2008, 10:11:27 AM »

So far so good. Lots of heat still where the cat is located in the pipe. Other than that, I haven't had any problems that I know of but I am watching it closely.

I took a stochiometric gauge and wired it into my front and rear cylinders, added a three way swith so that I can toggle between front and rear cylinders. This measures the Air/Fuel (AF) ratio. As you can see by this very short video, the bike is running too rich. Never would have thought that. So the Monsters must create some good back pressure (as I think they are designed to do) and once my cat is removed should move it back towards the middle where it should be. The gauge is a temperary setup with plug ins to the bung sensors in the header pipes.

http://www.youtube.com/user/yambor44

strohkr

« Reply #164 on: October 24, 2008, 03:16:04 PM »

I just brought my '07 SERK in for the 110 "performance upgrade" - also have to replace the heads (cracked). I'm going to have the new heads ported and polished, adding a 251 cam, 50mm throttle body, and increasing the CR a bit (already have the SERT). I currently have V&H true duals with Khrome Werks slip ons. I saw the MONSTER OVALS and fell in love with 'em. But I'm also thinking the V&H 2 into 1 (Pro Pipe BP) will get the most performance from my mods. But it doesn't look nearly as good as the MONSTER OVALS! Any clue what the performance difference will be between the pipes? If the 2 into 1 isn't going to make THAT much difference then I'm going to give the MONSTER OVALS a shot as well. Any help would be appreciated!!!!!!!!!
Thanks much!
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 15

Page created in 0.171 seconds with 24 queries.