Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All

Author Topic: Klock Werks 12" "Flare" Windshield  (Read 21538 times)

Screamin

• 5k CVO Member
  • Number 641

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2 Cherry
    • CVO2: 2019 Road Glide Ultra
Re: Klock Werks 12" "Flare" Windshield
« Reply #15 on: March 22, 2008, 05:37:35 AM »

Because the "tunnels" of air go right past the rider's ears I suspect it would not be very good for a passenger?????

grandpadoc

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2000 SERG
« Reply #16 on: March 22, 2008, 10:21:08 AM »

The screen looks good.  It gets a resounding endorsement for appearance.  Riding with it, however, is ok but definitely not great.  At least not in a half helmet.

I wonder what it would look like partially painted with the upper area left clear. It's got some potential with cosmetics. Doc

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #17 on: March 22, 2008, 11:38:31 AM »

Because the "tunnels" of air go right past the rider's ears I suspect it would not be very good for a passenger?????

It's hard to hold your hand behind you to find the airstream while going down the road.  Other cars' drivers look at you funny while you're doing it too.

The airstream that seems to account for a moderately noisy ride is not right against your head.  It's 10" or so outboard of your head.  It really is a tunnel of air you can find with your hand though.  Hold you hand farther in front of your head and block that stream some and the noise subsides some. 

Allowing my hand to walk back to see what it would be like in the passenger's position my impression was that the wind stream starts to either break up or turn outward farther very quickly after it passes the rider's shoulders.  Maybe we cause enough of a bubble to turn it or maybe it's the shape of the windshield.  Just don't know.  But it feels like the passenger might be better off then the rider.  Will need to get a passenger on to know for sure though.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #18 on: March 22, 2008, 11:39:15 AM »

I wonder what it would look like partially painted with the upper area left clear. It's got some potential with cosmetics. Doc

:huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2:   We can never just leave stuff alone.   :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2:

uneak

« Reply #19 on: May 09, 2008, 08:56:13 AM »

BS, the 12" Klock Werks shield is perfect if you fit well behind the shield.  I have a Road Glide and the stock shield was dead center in my eysight so for clear sight i had to look over the sheild or duck down to look though it, otherwise my vision was blurred.  I bought the 10" HD smoked and it could see over it perfectly, but the wind at 80 was stupid and it wanted to rip my helmut off.  I have the 12" Klock Werks and it's the perfect compromise and it looks slick.  I think the shield sucks if you sit tall on your bike.  If you eye level is well above the stock shield, don't waste your money and buy the Klock Werks shield.  I am 5'7" and i fit perfect behind the Klock Werks shield.  It was the perfect replacement.  Hopefully this helps someone measure up before they cough up $169 bucks.  Klock Werks needs to get rid of the short flare and make a 14" shield that would suit taller riders.  Picture with the 10" HD tinted, anyone want it?

Robmay

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #20 on: August 17, 2008, 07:16:00 PM »

I had this shield (12") on my bike also, 2007 RG. Three things I did not like and caused my to take it off and go back with the stock 13":

1. Not sturdy in the wind. Even made rattling noise.
2. Wind noise.
3. Funneled a lot more wind into my wife as the passenger.

tdowell65

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2013 SEUC 8
« Reply #21 on: August 17, 2008, 09:18:13 PM »

Hate to hear that it's bad for the passenger.  I rented a rg over the weekend as I'm waiting on 09 cvo to show up and it had the I assume 10 Hd shield.  It was okay but if I sat up straight I couldn't keep my glasss on.  It was rattiling my helmet pretty good.  I ordered the 12 kw tint shield hoping that it would fix that.  I love the look of the roadglide but with the tall windshields on them makes the fairing look even bigger.

bbrown

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 04 SEEG BLK/BLU
    • CVO2: 11 SESG. ORANGE/ BLK
    • CVO3: 19 SERG LIGHTNING/ SLVR
« Reply #22 on: August 17, 2008, 10:29:26 PM »

Hate to hear that it's bad for the passenger.  I rented a rg over the weekend as I'm waiting on 09 cvo to show up and it had the I assume 10 Hd shield.  It was okay but if I sat up straight I couldn't keep my glasss on.  It was rattiling my helmet pretty good.  I ordered the 12 kw tint shield hoping that it would fix that.  I love the look of the roadglide but with the tall windshields on them makes the fairing look even bigger.

WOW ...ALL GOOD POINTS...I AM VERY CONCERNED THAT THE KLOCK WERKS (12") WILL NOT GIVE ME THE RELIEF FROM THE WIND TURBULANCE .. AND STILL HAVE GOOD LOOKS...BY THE WAY I AM 5'9" 

Any other good looking options out there???? THE 2009 serg DEFINITELY NEEDS SOMETHING THE WIND FROM THAT THING AT 65 RALLY SUCKS

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #23 on: August 17, 2008, 10:39:53 PM »

WOW ...ALL GOOD POINTS...I AM VERY CONCERNED THAT THE KLOCK WERKS (12") WILL NOT GIVE ME THE RELIEF FROM THE WIND TURBULANCE .. AND STILL HAVE GOOD LOOKS...BY THE WAY I AM 5'9" 

Any other good looking options out there???? THE 2009 serg DEFINITELY NEEDS SOMETHING THE WIND FROM THAT THING AT 65 RALLY SUCKS

We're just about the same height.  I had to take the Klock Werks off.  Gave it a shot and tried to get used to it.  After a time had to give up though.  Very very loud and too much turbulence.

bbrown

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #24 on: August 18, 2008, 10:15:06 AM »

We're just about the same height.  I had to take the Klock Werks off.  Gave it a shot and tried to get used to it.  After a time had to give up though.  Very very loud and too much turbulence.

Any other options ???  I thinking we are back to the standard 12"  RG

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #25 on: August 18, 2008, 12:28:25 PM »

Any other options ???  I thinking we are back to the standard 12"  RG

I used the 14" Clearview.  Everything with it is good. 

Only qualifier I'd mention is that is with the Corbin seat.  It sets higher.  With the stock seat I'd use a 12" Clearview.

Cvostu

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2023 Whiskey Neat road glide custom
    • CVO2: 2019 Mako Shark Fade road glide custom
« Reply #26 on: August 18, 2008, 10:04:02 PM »

i use the 6" windshield that they use on the  05 and have no wind problems at all. And I'm 6ft 2. The Clockwerks has that goofy shape that looks awful, and by the comments doesn't seem worth it.

bbrown

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #27 on: August 19, 2008, 11:50:53 AM »

I used the 14" Clearview.  Everything with it is good. 

Only qualifier I'd mention is that is with the Corbin seat.  It sets higher.  With the stock seat I'd use a 12" Clearview.
Thanks for the advice

bribe36

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009 SERG
« Reply #28 on: September 26, 2008, 01:04:38 AM »

Anything out there that would work well for 6'3". I have the CVO and I really need to put something / anything else on.

Bungy

• Senior CVO Member
  • Keep your stick on the ice
    • AB

• CVO1: '08 SEUC annie
« Reply #29 on: September 26, 2008, 12:46:55 PM »

Anything out there that would work well for 6'3". I have the CVO and I really need to put something / anything else on.

I've had the Clearview on both the '04 & the '08, can't beat them in my opinion. Call John @ Clearview Shields, he'll walk you through the measurement process. Also if you're not happy w/ it, you can exchange it. (1-800-798-6089)
I used to have a handle on life, but it broke.
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All

Page created in 0.21 seconds with 20 queries.