Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]  All

Author Topic: I turned it down  (Read 7427 times)

jimp

• Senior CVO Member
Re: I turned it down
« Reply #75 on: May 10, 2005, 06:35:23 PM »

Their was $220 in extra lights added on by the failed buy before me, reflected in the MSRP. Also the first service is free, big deal.

« Last Edit: May 10, 2005, 06:36:40 PM by jimp »

Fatboy

• 1K CVO Member
  • "Orange Crush" 94Hp / 119Tq
« Reply #76 on: May 10, 2005, 10:50:02 PM »

JimP,

Looks like they covered that "free" 1st service fee in that $499.00 pre delivery service fee whatcha macallit.............. [smiley=shocked2.gif]

Still you did very good by waiting it out a few days in a very tough Florida market. [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

jimp

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #77 on: May 11, 2005, 08:35:26 AM »

JimP,

Looks like they covered that "free" 1st service fee in that $499.00 pre delivery service fee whatcha macallit.............. [smiley=shocked2.gif]

Still you did very good by waiting it out a few days in a very tough Florida market. [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

There's not a dealer in florida that does not charge $499.00, and some charge $ 589, I just feel lucky to get MSRP.  [smiley=nixweiss.gif]

If I would have said no, it was already sold to the next guy in line.

Striker

• Senior CVO Member
  • Rocky Mountain Yellow FLHTSE2
« Reply #78 on: May 11, 2005, 10:40:20 AM »

The dealers in this area were charging $1079 set up, untill alot of the locals were going out of the market to buy their rides.  Now they are at $199, and sell at list.  The news release that Harley is going to lower production to increase demand may bring the prices up again.  It was so bad at one time, that in 1999 I was looking for a Heritage Springer, and when I went into the dealer, they said, "Put your name on the list at the counter, and if your lucky, we will call you if one comes in that isn't sold."  I bought my FLHT from a guy in the paper and figured the dealer could "bite me".  I put almost $24k into that bike with mods and chrome, and I didn't do any of it through the dealer.
2005 Yellow SEEG
2001 1200 XL chopper
Why take the easy road?  I prefer to come
to a stop slidin' in sidways, hangin' on
for dear life, just so I am able to say;
"Man what a ride!"

jimp

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #79 on: May 13, 2005, 07:44:15 AM »

When I bought my first Fat Boy I thought I was getting the only one made that year ( salesman talk ), they did not tell me they had one of every color in the backroom. The local dealers tend to have only three or four new bikes on the floor with twenty used, Then they take you in the backroom where they have fifty new one's. I remember when I bought the new RKC from the backroom the salesman told me all the new bikes in this room are sold, "yea right ".
« Last Edit: May 13, 2005, 07:46:18 AM by jimp »

Striker

• Senior CVO Member
  • Rocky Mountain Yellow FLHTSE2
« Reply #80 on: May 14, 2005, 08:52:29 PM »

Anyone looking for a yellow SEEG there is one still available at my dealer to deliver in June.  $29.995 + $185 set-up.  Ask for Dennis, he said he would sell it to any location, and you get to come to Colorado and drive it back.  What a way to break in a bike!
2005 Yellow SEEG
2001 1200 XL chopper
Why take the easy road?  I prefer to come
to a stop slidin' in sidways, hangin' on
for dear life, just so I am able to say;
"Man what a ride!"
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]  All

Page created in 0.127 seconds with 20 queries.