Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5  All

Author Topic: Questions for those that already have the Traxxion AK’s and-or the Bitubo's  (Read 12107 times)

porthole

• 10K CVO Member
  • Welcome to the Machine

• CVO1: 2005.3217-45 FLHTCSE2
    • Porthole II

Both of the threads were about Duane sending his front end to Traxxion........

No they were not.
:fireman: Duane  :fireman:

MV 2013

1982 LowRider * 1974 XLCH * 1972 Adnoh
You can't control the weather, only how you deal with it

HogBreath

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2009 cvo roadglide
    • CVO2: 2014 CVO StreetKing

The thread that was in the "General" board was moved/merged w/the thread Duane started in the "Wheels, Tires, & Suspension" board.

From the rules of posting....

Posts should be made in the proper forum (Road King questions should go in the Road King forum, etc. etc.  Do not post the same messages in multiple forums)

Both of the threads were about Duane sending his front end to Traxxion so they were put together and all the posts still remain.

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:

AH..it moved mid-post..and told me I didn't have access to that thread. Thought I'd posted a wirty dord.
It's not the destination. It's the Journey.

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE

AH..it moved mid-post..and told me I didn't have access to that thread. Thought I'd posted a wirty dord.
Nope, you all good. :2vrolijk_21:

Ride Safe,
Fired00d
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2

Nope, you all good. :2vrolijk_21:

Ride Safe,
Fired00d

Can I post a wirty dord?  ::)

FNGw/08SERK

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 09 SERG

No, you know what happened last time  :nixweiss:  :huepfenlol2:

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • CVO2: 2005 FLHTCSE
    • CVO3: 2002 FXDWG3

I thought you were a worty dird or is that birdy dord or............never mind.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2

No, you know what happened last time  :nixweiss:  :huepfenlol2:

:oops: ::)

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • CVO2: 2005 FLHTCSE
    • CVO3: 2002 FXDWG3

Duane,

I'm on 13's on both ends of both the SEUC and the SEEG.

The bikes handle great and of course have plenty of clearance.  Progressives on the SEUC and Bitubos on the SEEG.

I haven't had enough good weather to get out on the SEEG and put it through the paces but should in the next week, going to get the seat rebuilt ASAP.

The seat gets me bak a couple of inches and also down a bit as well.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2008, 06:45:37 PM by Rjob749 »

sadunbar

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM # Stealth - SSBS # 1.1 - SoA # Z&E2525 .01%
    • IL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2
    • CVO2: 2000 FXR4

Duane,

I am 5 11, but only have a 30" inseam - which doesn't get my feet flat on the ground with everything at stock height.  I don't feel safe without being able to get my feet flat - so, I went with the stock height AK-20's up front, and went with the Legend Air suspension in the rear.  That way I can ride at stock height, have full suspension travel and not worry about scraping the floorboards - and can drop her down when stopped or in traffic so I can get flat footed.

I know the Legends were not one of the options you listed - but it is what worked for me...     ;)
2007 Screamin Eagle Ultra Classic - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice
Screamin Eagle 120r
Revolution Performance EMS
Fuel Moto Jackpot headpipes and 4.5" Pro Touring Mufflers
HPI 55mm Throttle Body w/5.3 injectors
BDL clutch w/VPC92T
Traxxion AK-20
Legend Air Suspension
Brembo Brake Calipers/Rotors
Garmin Zumo
575 Chubby's
Bushtec Quantum

Midnight Rider

• AKA: TCnBham
  • 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2011 SERGU Rio Red (sold)

Duane...the more important question is what is your inseam length?  If it's under 30", you won't be flat footed with full height suspension and the Corbin.

It is my OPINION that the best of both worlds is having the Legend Air shocks on the back, but get off your hip if you want them.  I really like having the infinite adjustment on the fly, and being able to slam the rear down a full 3 inches for walking the bike around when parking.

You are giving up suspension travel with anything less than the full height, so anything else is a compromise.
Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight.
I had the right to remain silent, just not the ability...

Gone, but not forgotten...2011 FLTRUSE with
Fullsac X Pipe w/2" Baffles
Legend Air Ride Rear Shocks
Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 Front Suspension
Clearview GT13 Windshield
TTS Mastertune

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!

Duane...the more important question is what is your inseam length?  If it's under 30", you won't be flat footed with full height suspension and the Corbin.

It is my OPINION that the best of both worlds is having the Legend Air shocks on the back, but get off your hip if you want them.  I really like having the infinite adjustment on the fly, and being able to slam the rear down a full 3 inches for walking the bike around when parking.

You are giving up suspension travel with anything less than the full height, so anything else is a compromise.

31-1/2" inseam, and I'm used to, and prefer, taller suspensions. I don't mind getting off the seat at a stop to be firmly flatfooted, since I'm getting to maintain a good supension height too. But I can sit too, as it's all in the balance. But if you're the type that wants to sit on the seat when stopped and look pretty, and don't care about going over further than the last curve you did, get the lowered suspension. If you dig performance and the thrill of the twisties, get the highest suspension you can while still being able to control your bike when stopped.

Basically, if you're short, you're a poser, or you have to have a lower look, you want a lowered suspension. That's why the SEEG has it, the look. Other than that, you need the taller suspension. I can't think of any other determining factors. It's actually a pretty simple decision. ;)

Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

sadunbar

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM # Stealth - SSBS # 1.1 - SoA # Z&E2525 .01%
    • IL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2
    • CVO2: 2000 FXR4

31-1/2" inseam, and I'm used to, and prefer, taller suspensions. I don't mind getting off the seat at a stop to be firmly flatfooted, since I'm getting to maintain a good supension height too. But I can sit too, as it's all in the balance. But if you're the type that wants to sit on the seat when stopped and look pretty, and don't care about going over further than the last curve you did, get the lowered suspension. If you dig performance and the thrill of the twisties, get the highest suspension you can while still being able to control your bike when stopped.

Basically, if you're short, you're a poser, or you have to have a lower look, you want a lowered suspension. That's why the SEEG has it, the look. Other than that, you need the taller suspension. I can't think of any other determining factors. It's actually a pretty simple decision. ;)

Hoist! 8)

I prefer to be flat footed when stopped to be safe, expecially when my BSR is aboard.  So, whatever it takes for that to happen is what it is.  Again, that is why I went with the Legend Air Suspension in the rear.  I can ride at full suspension height, but drop it down when I want to get my feet on the ground.  The door closed on looking pretty about 30 years ago!   :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2:
2007 Screamin Eagle Ultra Classic - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice
Screamin Eagle 120r
Revolution Performance EMS
Fuel Moto Jackpot headpipes and 4.5" Pro Touring Mufflers
HPI 55mm Throttle Body w/5.3 injectors
BDL clutch w/VPC92T
Traxxion AK-20
Legend Air Suspension
Brembo Brake Calipers/Rotors
Garmin Zumo
575 Chubby's
Bushtec Quantum

miker

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009FLHTCUSE4

I just keep grinding board mounts, pickin up cornering clearance millimeter by millimeter... :P

porthole

• 10K CVO Member
  • Welcome to the Machine

• CVO1: 2005.3217-45 FLHTCSE2
    • Porthole II

31-1/2" inseam, and I'm used to, and prefer, taller suspensions. I don't mind getting off the seat at a stop to be firmly flatfooted, since I'm getting to maintain a good suspension height too. But I can sit too, as it's all in the balance. But if you're the type that wants to sit on the seat when stopped and look pretty, and don't care about going over further than the last curve you did, get the lowered suspension. If you dig performance and the thrill of the twisties, get the highest suspension you can while still being able to control your bike when stopped.

I think the real reason you have the full height is those crappy roads you have to drive "thru"  :o
:fireman: Duane  :fireman:

MV 2013

1982 LowRider * 1974 XLCH * 1972 Adnoh
You can't control the weather, only how you deal with it

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!

I think the real reason you have the full height is those crappy roads you have to drive "thru"  :o

Funny you say that. In '94 I had a '95 Dyna Convertible. That bike has an extra tall suspension. Everyone goofed on it and called it a "Big Ole Dirt Bike"! But that thing handled fantastic, and I never worried about getting sucked into a pothole. I had Works Performance shocks on it. Great handling bike, but didn't do so well going straight at high speeds. It was very susceptible to tank slappers! :o

Thought that as a convertible it would be a good dual use bike. But a street bike with saddlebags ain't my idea of Touring anymore. I love my rolling Barcolounger! ;)

Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5  All

Page created in 0.178 seconds with 20 queries.