Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All

Author Topic: Shocked and Awed (appalled actually)  (Read 7548 times)

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
Re: Shocked and Awed (appalled actually)
« Reply #15 on: April 03, 2008, 02:43:50 PM »

Does anyone know what roger just posted???  :o

I thought Travis had been drinking alone until Ken just wrote....  :drink:

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #16 on: April 03, 2008, 02:45:40 PM »

I thought Travis had been drinking alone until Ken just wrote....  :drink:
You aren't by yourself was wondering the same thing. Had to see who had posted just above him and when I saw it was Travis I knew something was wrong. :huepfenlol2:

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

Puzzled

• Vendor
  • 5k CVO Member
    • PA

• CVO1: 2018 FLTRXSE Road Glide Custom (SOLD)
    • CVO2: 2013 FLTRXSE2 Road Glide Custom (SOLD)
    • CVO3: 2001 FLTRSEI2 Road Glide (SOLD)
« Reply #17 on: April 03, 2008, 02:51:21 PM »

I will, yet again, respectfully request that we avoid using the term "bean counters" on this site.  And that we do not blame "Accountants" for decisions made outside of their ADI.

Thanks
Ghost Rider, CPA   ;)

I'm sorry that is funny.  :huepfenlol2: At first I was wondering where the post was going. The sig made me laugh. ;D Ok you can return to your 110 problem filled thread now.  :o...........
2023 CVO Road Glide
2003 Rigid Springer Chopper "Puzzle" Bike 26"

ultrafxr

• There are no sure answers, only better questions. - Dick Van Dyke
  • 5k CVO Member
  • No problem is so small it cannot be misunderstood.
    • TN

• CVO1: 2020 FLHTCUTG Tahitian Teal
    • CVO2: 2017 FLHTKSE Palladium Silver/Phantom Blue/Wicked Sapphire-traded
    • CVO3: 2012 FLHTCUSE7 Electric Orange/Black Diamond-traded
« Reply #18 on: April 03, 2008, 03:34:58 PM »

Ken - I will address your comments with you over a cold one on Memorial Day.  Until then, I will turn the other check...(dang it, I couldn't find one of those mooning smileys to insert here, maybe Gary will help me out..)
Ghost, Mr. Hogbreath may be breathin' his last after we get hold of him, lol.

Ultrafxr, CPA (No I don't do taxes, hate doing my own!)

Places ridden on my bike from my driveway.
IBA member # 45520

HogBreath

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2009 cvo roadglide
    • CVO2: 2014 CVO StreetKing
« Reply #19 on: April 03, 2008, 03:37:50 PM »

Ghost, Mr. Hogbreath may be breathin' his last after we get hold of him, lol.

Ultrafxr, CPA (No I don't do taxes, hate doing my own!)

OH chit..We better have a lot of wounded!!! there's 2 of em!
It's not the destination. It's the Journey.

ultrafxr

• There are no sure answers, only better questions. - Dick Van Dyke
  • 5k CVO Member
  • No problem is so small it cannot be misunderstood.
    • TN

• CVO1: 2020 FLHTCUTG Tahitian Teal
    • CVO2: 2017 FLHTKSE Palladium Silver/Phantom Blue/Wicked Sapphire-traded
    • CVO3: 2012 FLHTCUSE7 Electric Orange/Black Diamond-traded
« Reply #20 on: April 03, 2008, 03:40:15 PM »

OH chit..We better have a lot of wounded!!! there's 2 of em!
Don't forget Cheri.  If she's not a CPA she's close enough that we'll count her - and LRebel's wife.  You're in deep chit Ken.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2008, 03:45:19 PM by ultrafxr »

Places ridden on my bike from my driveway.
IBA member # 45520

HogBreath

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2009 cvo roadglide
    • CVO2: 2014 CVO StreetKing
« Reply #21 on: April 03, 2008, 03:46:11 PM »

Don't forget Cheri.  If she's not a CPA she's close enough that we'll count her - and LRebel's wife.  You're in deep chit Ken.

My life's story. Well, we'll definately not leave any wounded lying around.
It's not the destination. It's the Journey.

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #22 on: April 03, 2008, 03:58:33 PM »

Ken - I will address your comments with you over a cold one on Memorial Day.  Until then, I will turn the other check...(dang it, I couldn't find one of those mooning smileys to insert here, maybe Gary will help me out..)
You mean these...

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #23 on: April 03, 2008, 08:05:02 PM »

Put a deposit on a Black and Silver 2008 SERK.  I was at the gym and told my buddies and they said "Congratulations, good luck with that engine".  Puzzled at the comment I started doing some research and I'm shocked at all these problems.  I'm an engineer by trade and it sounds to me like they released this product without adequate (or any) testing and QC.  There's no excuse for cylinder liners slipping and head gaskets blowing EVER, never mind within a few thousand miles.  Cast crankshafts?!!!

The bean counters have taken over product development it seems.  Whenever this happens quality goes down the tubes fast.  Corporate greed run amok.

So I called the dealership and told them to cancel and refund my deposit.  When they asked why I told them about the problems.  The response was, of course, totally predictable, "Problems? Haven't heard of any".

Oddly enough, two days later another dealership calls, because I had been there earlier looking for one, and they just got in a 2008 with only 1200 miles on trade.  The salesman slipped and admitted the head gasket had blown.

No thanks, I'll stick with my '05 RKC.  I hope the MoCo is listening and reading this.  How much money do you really need to make?  Stop acting like Wall St. and start acting like Main St. Milwaukee again.

CC

I swear I don't know him and didn't write this for him! :nixweiss:

But the man is spot on. If you're not prepared to replace this engine, good luck. I know I'd make a terrible doctor, as I have no patients! ;D ;D ;D

If you have the patience to deal with this crap, go for it! If not, buy the bike anyway and have a real engine built. The bike is awesome. The engine sucks! If you can afford the bike, you can probably afford the 5 grand for a completely new top end or $8500 for an entirely new engine with a FORGED steel crank and Timken bearing! >:(

Welcome aboard bm! Don't let the crappy engine keep you from getting your dream bike. Just know up front that it'll need some help! ;)

Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #24 on: April 03, 2008, 08:26:47 PM »

Buy the bike, leave it bone stock other than chrome do dads and grips and such. Do not even add a SE Breather DO NOTHING to the drive train. Ride it until it breaks, take it in for warranty service. Who knows maybe you won't have trouble with it. Not everybody has, just a higher than acceptable percentage. But anyway, ride it, warranty it, ride it, warranty it, ride it , warranty it  1,2,3 times and then hit em with a lemon law suit if you don't want the bike anymore. BUT whatever you do along the way, LEAVE THE DRIVETAIN BONE STOCK. If you don't they'll try to weazle out of your warranty. I'd suggest you even run nothing but Syn3 in it since some dealers try to pull that bullchit on you.

I've been looking at an 08 SEUC and thinking about buying it and riding it only on long trips and not doing a single thing. Nothing, nyet, nada. Hard as that is for some of my site bros to believe, the more I look at the Pearl White SEUC, the only thing I'd change is the pinstripe from the pale blue to a nice bright red. That would really set off the line between the silver and white. 20,000 miles down the road depending on how things go, I might do some stuff to it, but my idea would be to do what I'm suggesting to you above.

B B

HEADPAN62

• Elite CVO Member
  • born in the wind!!
« Reply #25 on: April 03, 2008, 10:32:09 PM »

it wont be long b/4 harley is owned by bowling pins again!!..the twin cam is the AMF of the 2000's.. :soapbox:
2011 fltr ultra
1998 Dyna wide glide
1962 panhead rigid/chopper

CVOJOE

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Life's a journey, why not enjoy the ride?
« Reply #26 on: April 04, 2008, 03:23:12 PM »

I've been looking at an 08 SEUC and thinking about buying it and riding it only on long trips and not doing a single thing. Nothing, nyet, nada. Hard as that is for some of my site bros to believe,

:vrolijk27: :zwtf: :givemebeer:

Say it isn't so Brian!!!
2003 FLHRSEI2. (Sold) :(

Horsepower is how fast you hit a wall.Torque is how far you will take the wall with you.

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #27 on: April 04, 2008, 05:19:03 PM »

"Nice bike but the engine sucks."   WTF?  Go ahead and and hand us $40k, and we'll give you a bike that only needs an additional $8k to become reasonably reliable.  Then another $2k for a decent suspension, $1k for a decent seat, and pretty soon you'll have  ..................................................  waaaay too much invested in a depreciating asset.

The gentleman who started this thread has the right idea.  Refuse to play the MoCo's game, and refuse to hand them any more profits until they address the obvious quality and reliability issues.  I realize that H-D and many of it's riders are heavily into nostalgia, but I'm not ready to return to the days of travelling in groups with a chase truck and mechanic, or to the days of marking my spot.  If I can't trust it, I don't need it. 

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

FNGw/08SERK

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 09 SERG
« Reply #28 on: April 04, 2008, 05:27:32 PM »

"Nice bike but the engine sucks."   WTF?  Go ahead and and hand us $40k, and we'll give you a bike that only needs an additional $8k to become reasonably reliable.  Then another $2k for a decent suspension, $1k for a decent seat, and pretty soon you'll have  ..................................................  waaaay too much invested in a depreciating asset.

The gentleman who started this thread has the right idea.  Refuse to play the MoCo's game, and refuse to hand them any more profits until they address the obvious quality and reliability issues.  I realize that H-D and many of it's riders are heavily into nostalgia, but I'm not ready to return to the days of travelling in groups with a chase truck and mechanic, or to the days of marking my spot.  If I can't trust it, I don't need it. 

Jerry
Ya know Jerry that's kinda the way I'm feeling right about now  :sauer005:

Howie

DavidB

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #29 on: April 04, 2008, 08:10:45 PM »

Sounds like the Old School Days with AMF
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All

Page created in 0.183 seconds with 20 queries.