Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5  All

Author Topic: Just another leaker  (Read 7701 times)

FNGw/08SERK

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 09 SERG
Re: FNG has lost his virginity
« Reply #30 on: April 07, 2008, 02:19:32 PM »

Getting this leak fixed, at least the first time, under a dealer warranty is advisable.  If there is a class action suit against the MoCo on this issue, it will be better documented plus if it is leaking a second (or third, etc.) time it indicates they did not fix the problem correctly, for whatever reason. 

Sucks to be on a long trip with vacation days burning away as Ken posted, & have a bike breakdown.  Worse if later on a legal settlement is potentially negated in part by non-HD work on the problem - first occurrence.  Recouping financial loss is not what we really want - we want a bike with a motor that is reliable & does not leak. Not too much to ask, considering.

Much empathy for you who have experienced this leak problem.  I check mine weekly & so far it's ok. 
Wise words Mike, thanks!!

Hugh Janis

• Jim
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE2 Cherry and Black
« Reply #31 on: April 07, 2008, 04:59:40 PM »

this thread got me nervous again and I went and looked.  Nope, still OK.  Good luck G. Howie.  BTW, since this happened to you, you've moved up a couple ranks.  It's time to remove the 'FN' from your screen name.
"I don't mind coming to work,
But that eight hour wait to go home is a bitch."

Click link for BBQ song..   http://www.collegehumor.com/video:1825742

FNGw/08SERK

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #32 on: April 07, 2008, 05:27:42 PM »

this thread got me nervous again and I went and looked.  Nope, still OK.  Good luck G. Howie.  BTW, since this happened to you, you've moved up a couple ranks.  It's time to remove the 'FN' from your screen name.
I was thinking the same thing Jim. Why don't you start a poll  :huepfenlol2:   :drink:

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #33 on: April 07, 2008, 07:03:02 PM »

I was thinking the same thing Jim. Why don't you start a poll  :huepfenlol2:   :drink:

Lose the FN! You broke your cherry! :o :D ;)

Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

FNGw/08SERK

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #34 on: April 08, 2008, 09:28:25 AM »

Spoke with the MOCO. Company line is... the problem is gasket material! Cylinder liners and crank runout are rare. I'm waiting for dealer to recieve the holy grail of gaskets. Got my fingers crossed.  :soapbox:

bikerboy53

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
    • OR

• CVO1: Razor Red '07 FLHRSE3
    • CVO2: Red & Slate '10 FLHTCUSE5
« Reply #35 on: April 08, 2008, 03:18:28 PM »

Gw/08SERK,

Sorry to hear your bike has developed the "dreaded leak". It's interesting that they say cylinder liners and crank runout are rare.  ??? Maybe they have a better handle on things now, or maybe it's just that I have a "pre-factory shutdown" '07 SERK. Mine has had two sets of cylinders replaced, and one crankshaft so far. I'm still waiting for a set of the new "miracle" gaskets myself. Maybe this time it will actually be fixed...  :-\

BikerBoy

PS -As you can tell by my greeting, I vote for you to drop the FN (Fairly New -or sumpthin like that) from your screen name too.  ;D
S&S T124
HPI 55mm Throttle Body w/5.3 injectors
VP-016-340 Centrifugal Clutch kit
S&S PowerTune Duals w/Rinehart Touring Mufflers
Garmin Zumo 660
Bushtec Trailer

BalDeagle

• FLHRSE3 Candy Cobalt with Pale Gold Leafing Graphics
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • Do it today, tomorrow may be too late......
« Reply #36 on: April 08, 2008, 05:33:44 PM »

Hey Howie - guess we talked a little about this  in our PM's, but it's interesting to read everyone's feelings about the issue. As Chief says "It's a leak" and i guess if nothing else is wrong that is all it is. I discovered my leak last week and then went and did a 500 mile weekend on it - and all I had was "A liitle oil to mop up at the end of it".

The bike has gone in today for it's "fix" and I have also asked them to ensure they check the liners for movement or expansion, check the valve clearances and the Crank run out. I'm hoping for a clean bill of health in all the other departments and that my new composite gasket will do the trick.

Ken mentioned losing vacation time through breakdowns and this is one of my biggest fears - as you know we are coming over to the USA in the summer for a five and half week, 7,000 mile trip and a bike breakdown would be a disaster as our schedule is fairly tight. Here's hoping that this current repair stays tight and that the bike runs through the holiday with no problems. Having said that my riding buddy has just taken delivery of a new 08 SERK so it could be him that ends up with the problem, let's hope not.

Nige

Don't leave it until tomorrow, do it today !

110 SERK FLHRSE3
Power Commander
Doherty PowerPacc + PowerVents + Mystfree
Vance & Hines Slip ons + V & H True Duals
Lots of other shiny bits!

sadunbar

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM # Stealth - SSBS # 1.1 - SoA # Z&E2525 .01%
    • IL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2
    • CVO2: 2000 FXR4
« Reply #37 on: April 08, 2008, 06:32:44 PM »

Spoke with the MOCO. Company line is... the problem is gasket material! Cylinder liners and crank runout are rare. I'm waiting for dealer to recieve the holy grail of gaskets. Got my fingers crossed.  :soapbox:

So, is that admittance that a head gasket leak is not rare?  Whoever came up with that line ought to run for some type of political office...  That is a politicians way of admitting what they had previously been denying if I ever heard it...
2007 Screamin Eagle Ultra Classic - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice
Screamin Eagle 120r
Revolution Performance EMS
Fuel Moto Jackpot headpipes and 4.5" Pro Touring Mufflers
BDL clutch w/VPC92T
Traxxion AK-20
Legend Air Suspension
Brembo Brake Calipers/Rotors
Garmin Zumo
575 Chubby's
Bushtec Quantum

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
Re: Just another leaker
« Reply #38 on: April 08, 2008, 07:36:36 PM »

Hmmm, title change! Don't like the 'virgin" thing, huh GH? :nixweiss: :nixweiss: :nixweiss: :huepfenjump3: :huepfenjump3: :huepfenjump3:

Or the FNG!

Hoist! 8)

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

FNGw/08SERK

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #39 on: April 08, 2008, 07:55:06 PM »

Hmmm, title change! Don't like the 'virgin" thing, huh GH? :nixweiss: :nixweiss: :nixweiss: :huepfenjump3: :huepfenjump3: :huepfenjump3:

Or the FNG!

Hoist! 8)
By POPULAR DEMAND  :bananarock:

Chief

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #4-3/8
« Reply #40 on: April 08, 2008, 08:23:44 PM »

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
  • Go fast or go home! EBCM member # 2.36 .01%
    • CVO2: 2011.5 SEUC
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG
« Reply #41 on: April 08, 2008, 08:25:40 PM »

2012      SERG  "Nu Blue"
2018      Goldwing   
2003      HD Electra Glide Classic Silver and Black, of course!                
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans
2018      Shelby GT350, 963 crank hp, 825 rear wheel hp

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #42 on: April 08, 2008, 08:33:29 PM »

I love it! Fits perfectly! There's only room for 1 Evil Howie here anyway! And I got that title all sewn up! :P ;D

Hoist! 8)

bikerboy53

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
    • OR

• CVO1: Razor Red '07 FLHRSE3
    • CVO2: Red & Slate '10 FLHTCUSE5
« Reply #43 on: April 08, 2008, 10:17:05 PM »

S&S T124
VP-016-340 Centrifugal Clutch kit
S&S PowerTune Duals w/Rinehart Touring Mufflers
Garmin Zumo 660
Bushtec Trailer

Hugh Janis

• Jim
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE2 Cherry and Black
« Reply #44 on: April 09, 2008, 12:49:01 AM »

Wow, that took me like 2 minutes to figure out (after 8 beers out with the guys).  I thought I was missing something.  Congratulations GH.  I like it!  8)
"I don't mind coming to work,
But that eight hour wait to go home is a bitch."

Click link for BBQ song..   http://www.collegehumor.com/video:1825742
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5  All

Page created in 0.176 seconds with 20 queries.