Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 80 81 [82] 83 84 ... 86

Author Topic: New 2009 Harley's  (Read 265920 times)

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
Re: New 2009 Harley's
« Reply #1215 on: July 23, 2008, 01:28:37 AM »

And susceptibility to road damage also.......you know how often we see new groves in the bottom of our frame....hitting stuff & dragging on bumps, etc.  :-[ spyder

If it's completely exposed without guard of any kind some real care will have to become the order of the riding day.  Things like Evel Knieveling a curb to get out of a parking lot might ruin your whole day.

Sean M Cary

« Reply #1216 on: July 23, 2008, 06:14:59 AM »

If it's completely exposed without guard of any kind some real care will have to become the order of the riding day.  Things like Evel Knieveling a curb to get out of a parking lot might ruin your whole day.

Or hitting a speed bump and realizing that the bottom of your Harley is nowhere near as high as your dual sport Kawa?? 

I only hit my dog bone  :duhk:, I can't imagine crushing the collector/exhaust...not to mention the effect it would have up stream of where you hit.

SERG3

• APPALACHIAN-AMERICAN
  • Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2007 SE ULTRA B/O
    • CVO2: 2009 SE ROAD GLIDE YELLOW
« Reply #1217 on: July 23, 2008, 06:35:18 AM »

Looks like they have lowered the gear ratio also 2.85 instead of 2.79
« Last Edit: July 23, 2008, 06:39:06 AM by SEFLHTCU2 »

IF YOU GOING TO BE DUMB YOU GOT TO BE TUFF

bbrown

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 04 SEEG BLK/BLU
    • CVO2: 11 SESG. ORANGE/ BLK
    • CVO3: 19 SERG LIGHTNING/ SLVR
« Reply #1218 on: July 23, 2008, 07:06:27 AM »

Anyone else having trouble with the HD website??

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #1219 on: July 23, 2008, 07:14:31 AM »

What?  Gary, I thought you read all these posts :nixweiss:
I was trying to keep that on the down low until I'd spoke to you about being the first on the list for the fly/ride program. Since you are thinking about an O/B one I wanted to be first on the list. :D

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
« Reply #1220 on: July 23, 2008, 07:27:03 AM »

Sure.....when the bikes moving thru the air, but, I'm talking about when the rear jug gets so hot ....  in traffic, stopped at lights, esp. thru towns, stop and go, etc...that's when the shields just hold the air around the motor instead of allowing it to rise up away from the rear jug and onto the riders legs....more comfort for the rider at the expense of the motor.  I wonder if that's what the new 'floating seat' that's suppose to be 'cooler' is.....something to block the heat from rising away from the motor?   Got to see one to figure what their doing.  ;)  har!  spyder

Spyder,

Will make a bet with ya & it's a safe one:

When these 09's hit the showroom, people will be laying on the floor & crawling around to look up under them to see what that exhaust cross over looks like in more detail.  Well, maybe I'll be the only one, but for SURE I know there will be one guy doing just that. 

Would be smart for a dealer to display one of these up in the air & a little on it's side to show what the 09 new frame/exhaust/etc. look like so we can stand next to it & point at stuff & say things like "hmmmmmmm, yeah, I see."  ;D

Agreed on the holding the air around the jug part when stopped - mine was so damn hot, prior to true duals, tune, etc. that it was burning my leg.  Wonder if they programmed the 09 rear jug to alternate fire at idle for heat "management?"  Wonder if there is a shock under the new seat or a spring?

Mike
« Last Edit: July 23, 2008, 07:29:51 AM by iski »
"I had the right to remain silent, but I didn't have the ability." ~ RW

VaEagle

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • VA

• CVO1: 06 FLHTCUSE Autumn Haze -SOLD
    • CVO2: 09 FLTRSE3 Orange- sold
    • CVO3: Who knows what?
« Reply #1221 on: July 23, 2008, 07:34:09 AM »

According to the video on the Harley site.....the rear jug shuts down at stops or in parade duty etc. As far as the site when you try to get the 2009 CVO lineup I get the 2008 instead. Seems part of the system is not up yet as of this morning.

miker

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009FLHTCUSE4
« Reply #1222 on: July 23, 2008, 07:48:29 AM »

Thr cross over will certainly keep the oil warm....and the tranny oil nice and cozy too. 

skreminegul07

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
    • MA

• CVO1: 2017 Indian Chieftain Limited
« Reply #1223 on: July 23, 2008, 07:54:28 AM »

The parade duty EITMS was first available on the 07 models and can be turned on/off with the SERT or by the dealer.  It may be on by default now.

Also, is it me or is the space between the bags and the fender a lot wider on the 09s?  Check out the 360 degree views on the MOCO site.

I wonder if relocating the exhaust crossover under the bike will affect frame type jacks/ lifts?  Certainly exhaust work will be different.
Any day on the bike is a good day.

greglyon

• 1K CVO Member
  • 2013 FLHRSE5
    • AZ

• CVO1: FLHRSE5
    • Phillips and Lyon LLC
« Reply #1224 on: July 23, 2008, 08:47:18 AM »

Here are some odds an ends I learned from the show.

1. Triglide.  You won't be seeing many of them at dealerships.  Highest volume dealers have been promised 3 initially.  The reverse gear operates off the battery and is optional.

2. The new FL frame purports to address the "high speed wobble" in the redesign of the swing arm attachment to the frame. 

3. Elimination of the cross over was one of two steps taken for heat control.  The other was the shut down of the rear jug by coming to a stop and twisting throttle to the full off stop.

4.   FL models still rubber balanced but new frame results in less vibration especially at idle.

5 SE Roadglide.  A chopped Tour pak is available.  Depending on demand the King Tour pak may be available.  Frame has new attachment locations for passenger backrest and Tour Pak.  The 3 colors will be manufactured in this order:  orange, silver, yellow . Later in the year they repeat the same sequence.  The saddlebag extentions are glued and screwed to the bottom of the saddlebags.  The saddlebags are attached the same as in the past.

6 All 110 engines have been shipped with the latest fix for the head gasket leak issue. 

"A clear conscience is usually the sign of a bad memory"

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #1225 on: July 23, 2008, 08:50:31 AM »

Here are some odds an ends I learned from the show.

1. Triglide.  You won't be seeing many of them at dealerships.  Highest volume dealers have been promised 3 initially.  The reverse gear operates off the battery and is optional.

2. The new FL frame purports to address the "high speed wobble" in the redesign of the swing arm attachment to the frame. 

3. Elimination of the cross over was one of two steps taken for heat control.  The other was the shut down of the rear jug by coming to a stop and twisting throttle to the full off stop.

4.   FL models still rubber balanced but new frame results in less vibration especially at idle.

5 SE Roadglide.  A chopped Tour pak is available.  Depending on demand the King Tour pak may be available.  Frame has new attachment locations for passenger backrest and Tour Pak.  The 3 colors will be manufactured in this order:  orange, silver, yellow . Later in the year they repeat the same sequence.  The saddlebag extentions are glued and screwed to the bottom of the saddlebags.  The saddlebags are attached the same as in the past.

6 All 110 engines have been shipped with the latest fix for the head gasket leak issue. 

Big thanks for the pictures yesterday and the followup info today. :bigok:

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

Chief

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #4-3/8
« Reply #1226 on: July 23, 2008, 08:55:48 AM »

Spyder,

Will make a bet with ya & it's a safe one:

When these 09's hit the showroom, people will be laying on the floor & crawling around to look up under them to see what that exhaust cross over looks like in more detail.  Well, maybe I'll be the only one, but for SURE I know there will be one guy doing just that. 

Would be smart for a dealer to display one of these up in the air & a little on it's side to show what the 09 new frame/exhaust/etc. look like so we can stand next to it & point at stuff & say things like "hmmmmmmm, yeah, I see."  ;D

Agreed on the holding the air around the jug part when stopped - mine was so damn hot, prior to true duals, tune, etc. that it was burning my leg.  Wonder if they programmed the 09 rear jug to alternate fire at idle for heat "management?"  Wonder if there is a shock under the new seat or a spring?

Mike

Not just the exhaust, but the rear engine mount too. From the pictures d00d posted, it looks like the swingarm is still mounted to the back of the transmission, so unless they've done something to eliminate side-to-side movement of the whole assembly, rear steer brackets will still be an option. Without the dog bone, the Tru-Trak and Alloy Art units won't work anymore and it appears the rear swingarm pivot blocks are now part of the frame which kills the ride-Str8 and TWR units as well.

I can't wait to see the PDF that shows all of the changes. Where'd we get that from last year?

:indian_chief:

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #1227 on: July 23, 2008, 09:05:07 AM »

Not just the exhaust, but the rear engine mount too. From the pictures d00d posted, it looks like the swingarm is still mounted to the back of the transmission, so unless they've done something to eliminate side-to-side movement of the whole assembly, rear steer brackets will still be an option. Without the dog bone, the Tru-Trak and Alloy Art units won't work anymore and it appears the rear swingarm pivot blocks are now part of the frame which kills the ride-Str8 and TWR units as well.

I can't wait to see the PDF that shows all of the changes. Where'd we get that from last year?

Jerry posted them for '07 changes. 8 PDFs. Maybe he can dig them up for the '09's. What do ya say Jerry? :2vrolijk_21:

Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

Chief

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #4-3/8
« Reply #1228 on: July 23, 2008, 09:09:04 AM »

Or hitting a speed bump and realizing that the bottom of your Harley is nowhere near as high as your dual sport Kawa?? 

I only hit my dog bone  :duhk:, I can't imagine crushing the collector/exhaust...not to mention the effect it would have up stream of where you hit.

As small as the outlet in the left pipe is, as shown in someone's picture, That cross over pipe is WAYYYY too big anyway. Crushing it in half won't hurt a thing. ;D

miker

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009FLHTCUSE4
« Reply #1229 on: July 23, 2008, 09:13:18 AM »

Especially when it has been chucked in the trash...
Pages: 1 ... 80 81 [82] 83 84 ... 86

Page created in 0.206 seconds with 24 queries.