Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 72

Author Topic: Gas price!!!!!!!! OUCH.  (Read 65339 times)

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
Re: Gas price!!!!!!!! OUCH.
« Reply #195 on: April 21, 2008, 09:24:54 PM »

Understand Iski...it's not for everyone...I never thought my wife would get into it the way she did, but I guess now that she's the "queen" of the trailer, she loves it.  It's her home away from home and with no hassles and stress about work.  I've never seen her happier than when we're out in the toyhauler....and I got a pretty good deal with her when we go to Pigeon Forge....I promised her one day in Dollywood if we spent two days on the SEUC in the mountains.  She agreed to that, making me think I got the better deal, but in actuality, she probably would have went with three days riding in the mountains...she loves being my BSR.  Oh well, we get to ride, that's all I care, besides maybe if I'm lucky, Dolly will be there and can see if them thar hills are real or not.   :P ::)

:devil:

Very best of luck on your Dolly viewing opportunities, RD.  Get too close & silicone exposure is a distinct possibility.  :huepfenlol2:

Great area - great roads.  Discussed another trip to Cade's Cove last Sunday with a group that may ride the Smokies in Sept.  Love to ride those roads & so does my BSR.  I heard Killboy had some shots of stuff on fire in the Deal's Gap area.  A rice burner burnt up according to what I heard & caught the area on fire.
"I had the right to remain silent, but I didn't have the ability." ~ RW

RedDevil

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #747.2 It's all good

• CVO1: '11 FLTRUSE Gray Ghost
    • CVO2: '12 FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock
« Reply #196 on: April 21, 2008, 09:39:17 PM »

Very best of luck on your Dolly viewing opportunities, RD.  Get too close & silicone exposure is a distinct possibility.  :huepfenlol2:

Great area - great roads.  Discussed another trip to Cade's Cove last Sunday with a group that may ride the Smokies in Sept.  Love to ride those roads & so does my BSR.  I heard Killboy had some shots of stuff on fire in the Deal's Gap area.  A rice burner burnt up according to what I heard & caught the area on fire.

I'm looking forward to getting up there...I've heard nothing but great things about that area, so hopefully, nothing stops us from getting there this year. 

Here's a link to a thread on the forum about the fire on the Dragon.  http://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?topic=22468.0

2012 FLHXSE3
Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock

MJZ

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 05 SEEG is on permanent vacation in CA.
    • CVO2: 09 BMW K1300S
    • CVO3: 2010 BMW S1000RR
« Reply #197 on: April 21, 2008, 10:19:27 PM »

A couple of years ago I was shopping for an RV and made the mistake of thinking Kathy would get into it. Her only comment was " you better make sure you can get that thing into the Hyatt and Ritz parking lots so you can drop me off and pick me up or you'll need that money for your divorce atty." I decided to quit looking at them. ;D

RedDevil

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #198 on: April 21, 2008, 10:21:26 PM »

A couple of years ago I was shopping for an RV and made the mistake of thinking Kathy would get into it. Her only comment was " you better make sure you can get that thing into the Hyatt and Ritz parking lots so you can drop me off and pick me up or you'll need that money for your divorce atty." I decided to quit looking at them. ;D

Yeah, I think that was a pretty good indication that she didn't want to get in to the trailer life thingy.   ;) :huepfenlol2:

2012 FLHXSE3

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
« Reply #199 on: April 21, 2008, 10:26:58 PM »

Went on several trips with friends with RVs.  Set up at the RV parking area took awhile.  Then cooking & cleaning caused her sound level to rise substantially, which is an indication of some damn thing relating to my eventual unhappiness usually.  The take down process & clean up afterwards sealed the deal.  But she will settle for something less than the Ritz so in that I suppose I am lucky, considering.   ;D

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #200 on: April 21, 2008, 10:33:48 PM »

Toy hauler seems to me the best way to go.  Will consider one later on maybe but if Mama is not in favor of one, ain't too damn likely.  She spent too many weekends & vacations in a Winnebago on the side of lakes cleaning fish when she was a kid as best I can tell.  Burned out on RVing at an early age, so we tent camped when we married & now motel "camp".

Lots & lots of great parks in your area - hope you get to use yours as much as you can.

Bubba_T and I checked out a used one yesterday. Does anyone know anything about Skyline Trailers . This one was a Rampage 302. Big sucker but kinda spartan on the inside. Couldn't find the year on any of the tags.

B B

Hugh Janis

• Jim
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE2 Cherry and Black
« Reply #201 on: April 21, 2008, 10:34:50 PM »

Went on several trips with friends with RVs.  Set up at the RV parking area took awhile.  Then cooking & cleaning caused her sound level to rise substantially, which is an indication of some damn thing relating to my eventual unhappiness usually.  The take down process & clean up afterwards sealed the deal.  But she will settle for something less than the Ritz so in that I suppose I am lucky, considering.   ;D

That's sad fellas.  There's nothing like sitting up til the wee hours of the night around a fire enjoying the libations then breakfast outdoors in the morning (with a bloody mary).
"I don't mind coming to work,
But that eight hour wait to go home is a bitch."

Click link for BBQ song..   http://www.collegehumor.com/video:1825742

RedDevil

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #202 on: April 21, 2008, 10:38:29 PM »

Bubba_T and I checked out a used one yesterday. Does anyone know anything about Skyline Trailers . This one was a Rampage 302. Big sucker but kinda spartan on the inside. Couldn't find the year on any of the tags.

B B
Brian,
Don't know much about the Rampage, but here's a link to their website:  http://www.skylinerv.com/product.php?brand=rampage&region=&region=sw .  I have a Keystone Raptor, it's done up nicely inside, very comfortable.

2012 FLHXSE3

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #203 on: April 21, 2008, 10:42:26 PM »

Brian,
Don't know much about the Rampage, but here's a link to their website:  http://www.skylinerv.com/product.php?brand=rampage&region=&region=sw .  I have a Keystone Raptor, it's done up nicely inside, very comfortable.

Hit the website yesterday. The 302 is out of production, but we did look at some others. The virtual tour however was of the top of the line model. Anyway, Bubba's waiting for a call back from the owner

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

« Reply #204 on: April 21, 2008, 10:44:02 PM »

That's sad fellas.  There's nothing like sitting up til the wee hours of the night around a fire enjoying the libations then breakfast outdoors in the morning (with a bloody mary).

We used to do that tent camping.  Younger days - better backs.  Lots of fun - food always tastes better outdoors & so do libations.  My BSR was a world champ at gathering firewood, too.  Then again, room service at midnight has been known to be fun also.....   :huepfenlol2:

BB - never used one, just looked at them.  Nomad was one of the models I was considering - believe it's made by skyline.

Capo

• Sicilian Moto Capo
  • 1K CVO Member
  • Yes it's fast and no you can't ride it!

• CVO1: FLHRSEI2-SOLD Begrudgingly!
    • CVO2: FLHTCUSE3
« Reply #205 on: April 21, 2008, 10:58:49 PM »

We used to do that tent camping.  Younger days - better backs.  Lots of fun - food always tastes better outdoors & so do libations.  My BSR was a world champ at gathering firewood, too.  Then again, room service at midnight has been known to be fun also.....   :huepfenlol2:

BB - never used one, just looked at them.  Nomad was one of the models I was considering - believe it's made by skyline.
:jack:

I have a 29 foot Travel Seeker for $6300-just needs a truck to haul it!

Rinehart True Duals
Rich's Custom seat
Zippers T-Max TBW
Stage 1
Wood TW-7H cam
SE Tapered push rods
Extronics HID digital H9 High/Low
Metzler 880's 10K + on the first rear
Howard's Horns
Chrome TP Hinges
JM Antennas
Clearview recurve
Arnott Air Suspension with QA1 shocks
Traxxion AK20's
True Trac
RJ's Original V-Twin Heat shields
WA plate - FLHTSE

Lea

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

« Reply #206 on: April 21, 2008, 11:01:16 PM »

:jack:

I have a 29 foot Travel Seeker for $6300-just needs a truck to haul it!

No can do.  My upper spending limit is fixed at $750.

;)

Capo

• Sicilian Moto Capo
  • 1K CVO Member

« Reply #207 on: April 21, 2008, 11:02:31 PM »

Best of luck this is way beyond a pop-up. Head-shower-range-furnace-HW heater-yada yada :coolblue: :nixweiss:

Rinehart True Duals
Rich's Custom seat
Zippers T-Max TBW
Stage 1
Wood TW-7H cam
SE Tapered push rods
Howard's Horns
Chrome TP Hinges
JM Antennas
Clearview recurve
Traxxion AK20's
True Trac
WA plate - FLHTSE

Lea

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

« Reply #208 on: April 21, 2008, 11:05:39 PM »

Best of luck this is way beyond a pop-up. Head-shower-range-furnace-HW heater-yada yada :coolblue: :nixweiss:

Spent one night in a friend's pop up.  One night was enough. Kinda shaky and nothing... popped up.   :huepfenlol2:

Capo

• Sicilian Moto Capo
  • 1K CVO Member

« Reply #209 on: April 21, 2008, 11:08:13 PM »

Spent one night in a friend's pop up.  One night was enough. Kinda shaky and nothing... popped up.   :huepfenlol2:

They have stuff for that ED now! hhehehheh :huepfenlol2:

Rinehart True Duals
Rich's Custom seat
Zippers T-Max TBW
Stage 1
Wood TW-7H cam
SE Tapered push rods
Howard's Horns
Chrome TP Hinges
JM Antennas
Clearview recurve
Traxxion AK20's
True Trac
WA plate - FLHTSE

Lea
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 72

Page created in 0.185 seconds with 21 queries.