Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 65 66 [67] 68 69 ... 72

Author Topic: Gas price!!!!!!!! OUCH.  (Read 65391 times)

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
Re: Gas price!!!!!!!! OUCH.
« Reply #990 on: December 05, 2008, 11:43:44 AM »

Hey Gordy, gas is cheap and you get supper for under 2 bucks too, sweet :2vrolijk_21: :huepfenlol2:

All kidding aside, it is unbelievable how quickly gas has dropped, next week Congress will call a Bailout for the Oil Companies.
It is unbelievable to say the least. I think of all the people that bailed (sold) their SUV's when gas went up and I'm glad I just cut back on my driving and held on to mine. I bet some of those that had vehicles paid for, took a beating on trading/selling them, and now have a monthly payment for a smaller vehicle aren't to happy right now.

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

Steve_G

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
    • SD

• CVO1: 2006 FLHTUSE Watermelon (traded)
    • CVO2: 2008 FLHTUSE3 Anniversary (traded)
    • CVO3: 2022 FLHTKSE Hightail Yellow
« Reply #991 on: December 05, 2008, 11:50:16 AM »

The irony, is that with the gas prices so low, and the states all hurting financially, the legislators are looking at a hefty tax increase on gas. 
Any other states seeing this trend?

The governor of SD is also looking at more road tax on gas because we don't have the money to fix our roads/bridges.
If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies!

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • CVO2: 2005 FLHTCSE
    • CVO3: 2002 FXDWG3
« Reply #992 on: December 05, 2008, 11:51:04 AM »

It is unbelievable to say the least. I think of all the people that bailed (sold) their SUV's when gas went up and I'm glad I just cut back on my driving and held on to mine. I bet some of those that had vehicles paid for, took a beating on trading/selling them, and now have a monthly payment for a smaller vehicle aren't to happy right now.

Ride Safe,
Fired00d

I think you're right Gary.

Happens each time we have the climb and drop. 

LRebel

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #993 on: December 05, 2008, 12:00:53 PM »

Diesel is $2.29 here..... I'm driving the 4X4 diesel again  :bananarock: :pepper: :jalapeno: 
(don't tell anyone... don't want the greenies coming after me ;))

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #994 on: December 05, 2008, 12:03:13 PM »

Diesel is $2.29 here..... I'm driving the 4X4 diesel again  :bananarock: :pepper: :jalapeno: 
(don't tell anyone... don't want the greenies coming after me ;))

Hey, it's clean diesel now :2vrolijk_21:

LRebel

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #995 on: December 05, 2008, 12:10:05 PM »

Hey, it's clean diesel now :2vrolijk_21:

Not for long.... as soon as Banks makes available a programmer that will reprogram so that stupid particulate filter can be removed, the new diesel trucks will be rocking again  ;)

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #996 on: December 05, 2008, 11:29:09 PM »

Ride Safe,
Fired00d

I sold my F-150 100th Anniversary Silver/Black H-D Supercrew when gas hit $3/gallon on the way to $4. I was driving 350 miles a week, getting 13 miles per gallon with a vehicle that only used Premium grade gasoline.I had a payment of $640/month. I got nearly $4k OVER Blue Book for the truck at the time because they are very desireble models (even the 09's today are not discounted) I bought a Ranger extended cab with all the bells and whistles for a payment of $390/month with 0 cash down. The Ranger burns regular grade gas and averages 22 mpg.

NOW, had I known 14 months ago that I would be disabled today and driving only 50 miles per week AND, that premium grade gasoline would be $1.91 a gallon I would have kept the H-D truck.

Of course I'd also have bought Microsoft, Intell and Fidelity Magellan IPO's if I had known in advance what the future would be.

B B

dlaws01

• 1K CVO Member
  • Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulltion

• CVO1: 105th Anniversary FXSTSSE2
« Reply #997 on: December 05, 2008, 11:41:18 PM »

Bought regular unleaded at wal-mart tonight for $1.499 gal.  Rumor on the news is that it could bust $1.00 by spring.  What the heck is going on? Is nickel beer on the horizon?
Jesus is Lord

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #998 on: December 06, 2008, 12:40:53 AM »

Bought regular unleaded at wal-mart tonight for $1.499 gal.  Rumor on the news is that it could bust $1.00 by spring.  What the heck is going on? Is nickel beer on the horizon?

I'm not holding out for the nickel beer.

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #999 on: December 06, 2008, 08:51:54 AM »

What's going on?  It's just one more bubble bursting, like the inflated prices on homes.  BTW, wholesale gasoline was trading in the 90 cent range Friday, and as usual the OPEC folks were pumping way more oil than their recent agreement called for.  Funny thing about crooks and con artists, you can't trust them to keep their word long enough for the ink to dry.  There is even a rumor floating around that some oil producers are looking for extra tankers to use as storage until they can find someone to buy all the excess.  I think you can safely assume that retail prices will continue to drop for awhile.

IMHO, this is the ideal time to phase in a higher motor fuel tax.  We definitely need the funding for infrastructure repair and the jobs associated with that, but I also know enough about the typical American's nearsighted attitudes to realize if fuel prices stay low past the end of the year, all those conservation efforts will go out the window and we'll be back to dodging Hummers and 9 passenger SUV's (with no passengers) as they blow past at 20 over the limit. 

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #1000 on: December 06, 2008, 08:56:19 AM »

I'm not holding out for the nickel beer.

I wouldn't either.  Have you noticed how all those prices that spiked over the past 6 months "due to high fuel prices" haven't really gone back down much.  I wouldn't hold my breath waiting on too many price cuts, but we should see improvement in the stock market as these companies start reporting big increases in profits.

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #1001 on: December 06, 2008, 09:13:17 AM »

I wouldn't either.  Have you noticed how all those prices that spiked over the past 6 months "due to high fuel prices" haven't really gone back down much.  I wouldn't hold my breath waiting on too many price cuts, but we should see improvement in the stock market as these companies start reporting big increases in profits.
Jerry
Don't see that happening for some time Jerry due to the world wide bubble bust.  Obviously we're not the only ones to have been consuming more than we could afford. (Maybe we took it to the most extreme)  spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

FLSTFI Dave

• IBA 69147
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2023 FLTRXSE Whiskey Neat
    • CVO2: 2021 RA1250S Pan America Special
    • CVO3: 2003 Fatboy, 95"quot, S&ampS 570 gear drive cam
« Reply #1002 on: December 06, 2008, 09:38:20 AM »

What's going on?  It's just one more bubble bursting, like the inflated prices on homes.  BTW, wholesale gasoline was trading in the 90 cent range Friday, and as usual the OPEC folks were pumping way more oil than their recent agreement called for.  Funny thing about crooks and con artists, you can't trust them to keep their word long enough for the ink to dry.  There is even a rumor floating around that some oil producers are looking for extra tankers to use as storage until they can find someone to buy all the excess.  I think you can safely assume that retail prices will continue to drop for awhile.

IMHO, this is the ideal time to phase in a higher motor fuel tax.  We definitely need the funding for infrastructure repair and the jobs associated with that, but I also know enough about the typical American's nearsighted attitudes to realize if fuel prices stay low past the end of the year, all those conservation efforts will go out the window and we'll be back to dodging Hummers and 9 passenger SUV's (with no passengers) as they blow past at 20 over the limit. 

Jerry

A lot of what is going on is the USA cut back on fuel usage.  We are also in a economic down turn so both consumers and industry are using less fuel. 

China who was growing in fuel usage by leaps and bounds the past few years is in a much worse down turn than we are.

Basicall the whole world cut back on fuel usage, so supply stayed the same world wide, but demand fell world wide.

Naw, I will not get rid of the 30 mpg Impala I bought when diesel was going thru the roof.  I am starting to like the car.  I did not get rid of my 06  Crew cab dually diesel, I just quit using it as a daily driver.  I prefere the big truck but continue to drive the car unless I need the truck.

2023 FLTRXSE Whiskey Neat
2021 RA1250S Pan America Special
2019 FLTRXSE Red Pepper / Magnetic Gray Traded
2018 FLTRXSE Gunship Gray  Traded
2017 FLHXSE  Starfire Black / Atomic Red  Traded
2015 FLTRUSE Abyss Blue / Crushed Saphire Traded
2013 FLHRSE5 Diamond Dust 117  Traded
2012 FLTRXSE White Gold Pearl / Starfire Black  Traded
2009 FLTRSE3 Silver/Titanium  Traded
2003 Fatboy, real fire paint set,

2PAK

• Full CVO Member
  • I'm not young enough to know everything.
« Reply #1003 on: December 06, 2008, 10:10:17 AM »

I kept my paid off 98 Chevy Tahoe with 135k miles.  It doesnt get the best gas mileage but it is paid for and since I dont have a heavy daily commute requirement (work out of the home office), that made sense to me. 

All bets are off if I get laid off (knock on wood) and have to find work that involves commuting but we have a good bus system.

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #1004 on: December 06, 2008, 10:59:54 AM »

Jerry

Hops have rised dramatically too. People are favoring them to rice I guess :nixweiss:
Pages: 1 ... 65 66 [67] 68 69 ... 72

Page created in 0.183 seconds with 21 queries.