Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8  All

Author Topic: Another 110 in the series of leakers  (Read 13770 times)

sadunbar

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM # Stealth - SSBS # 1.1 - SoA # Z&E2525 .01%
    • IL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2
    • CVO2: 2000 FXR4
Re: Another 110 in the series of leakers
« Reply #60 on: April 22, 2008, 08:23:33 PM »

No info on the flywheel, but the cylinders my dealer has on backorder are the same part number as always.  Not aware of any modifications here - if any have been made to cylinders would be very interested.

There does appear to be some confusion on who has a 7A gasket replacement vs a 7B gasket.

Actually, as in many things internet related, the whole damn thing is confusing due to confusion of info.

In case I was to subtle..there was a bit of sarcasm intended in my comments.....   ::)
2007 Screamin Eagle Ultra Classic - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice
Screamin Eagle 120r
Revolution Performance EMS
Fuel Moto Jackpot headpipes and 4.5" Pro Touring Mufflers
HPI 55mm Throttle Body w/5.3 injectors
BDL clutch w/VPC92T
Traxxion AK-20
Legend Air Suspension
Brembo Brake Calipers/Rotors
Garmin Zumo
575 Chubby's
Bushtec Quantum

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
« Reply #61 on: April 22, 2008, 08:28:16 PM »

In case I was to subtle..there was a bit of sarcasm intended in my comments.....   ::)

I did pick up on that, Sadunbar.  Just wondering here......how long will it be before any of these are truly fixed with many multi-10k miles with no leaks, and the "new" part (whatever it is) is a real fix.
"I had the right to remain silent, but I didn't have the ability." ~ RW

HogBreath

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2009 cvo roadglide
    • CVO2: 2014 CVO StreetKing
« Reply #62 on: April 22, 2008, 08:37:07 PM »

What is the part number for the head gasket that fixes crank runout?  ;D
It's not the destination. It's the Journey.

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #63 on: April 22, 2008, 08:39:52 PM »

666S&S4.375-07 ;)

Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

sadunbar

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM # Stealth - SSBS # 1.1 - SoA # Z&E2525 .01%
    • IL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2
    • CVO2: 2000 FXR4
« Reply #64 on: April 22, 2008, 08:42:30 PM »

I did pick up on that, Sadunbar.  Just wondering here......how long will it be before any of these are truly fixed with many multi-10k miles with no leaks, and the "new" part (whatever it is) is a real fix.

I honestly don't think it will ever happen.  I believe they will move on to a different motor in 09.  Those with 07 and 08 bikes will be on their own - which is why I decided to rebuild my motor myself with aftermarket parts that I consider to be superior to the stock pieces - (Axtell, Cometic, CP, CR cams and heads, ect.)  They have put to much effort to deny and discount the issue, including what appears to be a rehearsed campaign by dealers to "not believe what you read on the internet" - even from dealers that have first hand knowledge of the problem.  The various messages the dealers have put out since the beginning have evolved over time but have remained consistent amongst the dealers.  They are going to stick to their story - deny there is an issue and move on to a different motor.  The only thing that could disrupt this is major exposure by a journalist.  I am holding out hope for Donnie Peterson, but if it doesn't happen soon, it will be over - the 09's will be out and we will be relegated to a blip in the history of the MOCO...   >:(
2007 Screamin Eagle Ultra Classic - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice
Screamin Eagle 120r
Revolution Performance EMS
Fuel Moto Jackpot headpipes and 4.5" Pro Touring Mufflers
HPI 55mm Throttle Body w/5.3 injectors
BDL clutch w/VPC92T
Traxxion AK-20
Legend Air Suspension
Brembo Brake Calipers/Rotors
Garmin Zumo
575 Chubby's
Bushtec Quantum

slugger110

« Reply #65 on: April 22, 2008, 10:01:48 PM »

Hi folks,
  I've been doin' alot of reading here but not posting much. Well, now it's my turn. Sunday, nice ride,mabie140 miles got back to town and lo and behold oil on the outside! Well upon further inspection,I found more oil all over the horn cover and pipes. seems both front and rear went at the same time. Bike's in the shop and I'm in the club!!!!!  07'SERK 7,350 miles
           GREAT!*!*!
             Slugger

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
« Reply #66 on: April 22, 2008, 10:05:08 PM »

Contact JIMS @ (805) 482-6913. 

It's inside the 120 & the 131, and there is no crank runout issue in either one.

;)

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

« Reply #67 on: April 22, 2008, 10:09:08 PM »

I honestly don't think it will ever happen.  I believe they will move on to a different motor in 09.  Those with 07 and 08 bikes will be on their own - which is why I decided to rebuild my motor myself with aftermarket parts that I consider to be superior to the stock pieces - (Axtell, Cometic, CP, CR cams and heads, ect.)  They have put to much effort to deny and discount the issue, including what appears to be a rehearsed campaign by dealers to "not believe what you read on the internet" - even from dealers that have first hand knowledge of the problem.  The various messages the dealers have put out since the beginning have evolved over time but have remained consistent amongst the dealers.  They are going to stick to their story - deny there is an issue and move on to a different motor.  The only thing that could disrupt this is major exposure by a journalist.  I am holding out hope for Donnie Peterson, but if it doesn't happen soon, it will be over - the 09's will be out and we will be relegated to a blip in the history of the MOCO...   >:(

If they do switch powerplants, then there will be a LOT of folks that will expect to get the "new improved 09" whatever that is when their POS 07-08 110 keeps leaking (if there is no true fix).

If I am to be relegated to "blip" status, it will be more like Blip Expletive Deleted & I will be one more loud, vocal, & unhappy "blip". 

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

« Reply #68 on: April 22, 2008, 10:13:22 PM »

Hi folks,
  I've been doin' alot of reading here but not posting much. Well, now it's my turn. Sunday, nice ride,mabie140 miles got back to town and lo and behold oil on the outside! Well upon further inspection,I found more oil all over the horn cover and pipes. seems both front and rear went at the same time. Bike's in the shop and I'm in the club!!!!!  07'SERK 7,350 miles
           GREAT!*!*!
             Slugger

Hiya Slugger.  Front & rear simultaneously... or crank failure?

Welcome to the forum & unfortunately, welcome to the club.

Keep us posted - lots of folks are monitoring this stuff.  Best of luck on your rebuild.

56FLE

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011.5 - FLHTCUSE6 "Big Blue"
« Reply #69 on: April 22, 2008, 10:30:17 PM »

I wonder if MoCo will change the motor so much in 09 that the top end of the 09 will not bolt on to the 07/08 bottom end?

If the 09 elminates the leaks, they could just replace our top ends with the 09 top end when the start leaking. They are already replacing most of it now (new jugs, pistons, rings). That is of course unless the real problem is the head design of the 110 causing the problem with the head gasket.

Black Diamond

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 11 FLHXSE2 "Vanessa"
    • CVO2: 08 FLHRSE4 "Lexi" "Bike from Hell"
    • CVO3: 02 FLHRSEI "Ruby"
« Reply #70 on: April 23, 2008, 08:12:25 AM »

What worse is the MoCo continues with the 110's. Their position is these problems happen to a very small percentage of motors....only after the owners modified them. My moneys on the 110's continue. There is not enough pressure on Harley to change.

JW

Deacon

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #71 on: April 23, 2008, 11:53:29 AM »

I have been holding off bringing in my 07 110SE Dyna in to get the front jug base oil leak fixed for the 2nd time because the weather has been great all of a sudden. I took a ride upstate New York this Saturday and about 40 miles into my trip I noticed oil on my pants and dripping on the left side of the engine case. It is coming from the front cylinder head gasket this time.
Called Service manager and said I was going to bring it in for base and head gasket fix. Glad I decided to buy a second bike. I just bought a third one, no lie.I ain't taking any chances this summer.
This is the second base leak and the first head gasket leak. Fixed last time at 1150 miles and lasted about 2400 till the second leak. Total millage now is a little over 4000 on the bike.

radavi98

• FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #72 on: April 23, 2008, 02:17:18 PM »

Noticed my 07 SE Ultra had a minor leak and since it was ready for its 10k service, I figured I would have the shop inspect prior to the service in case it needed an overnighter.  Shop warranty guy took a look and it will be going in for head gasket replacement.  Will post the complete results upon return
After all the money spent, I refuse to more on additional parts!!!   Except air filter, Exhaust, Power commander.........well, maybe a few more things.

weamdog

• Junior CVO Member

• CVO1: '09 FLHTCUSE4
    • Virtual Garage
« Reply #73 on: April 23, 2008, 06:29:04 PM »

Yes they will come up with a fix for the problem. They have been working on it for a good while now. The engineers that are doing the work have run into one problem. Which can not be discussed on here at this time. You can bet this has turned into a big problem. Once they get it right I am sure everyone will get the updates. IMHO it is not a question of if but a question of when will your 110 give you a problem. I am so glad to have a 103. I really wanted a new Duracell. I guess it would have been OK given the amount of riding I have done in the last couple of years. NO MILES NO PROBLEMS!!!!!!

Hang in there boys and girls!

Be Safe

THE DAWG 

fireman, you seem to have some inside info that the rest of us don't have privy to or are you just a stock holder?  I'm keep telling myself not to purchase one of these, but you know how addiction can be.  When I talked with customer service yesterday they were in denial stage which means there are 5 more stages to go through before loyal riders are happy again.  I'm sure everybody in here would love to see light at the end of the tunnel.  For me I'm scared of the dark and I'm a little hesitant to even enter the tunnel.  Please feel free to post anything you know because the MoCo told me not to believe anything i read on the internet anyways  ;)
'00 FLSTS
'09 FLHTCUSE4 (Autumn Haze/Octane Orange)

DCFIREMANN

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #74 on: April 23, 2008, 07:47:14 PM »

fireman, you seem to have some inside info that the rest of us don't have privy to or are you just a stock holder?  I'm keep telling myself not to purchase one of these, but you know how addiction can be.  When I talked with customer service yesterday they were in denial stage which means there are 5 more stages to go through before loyal riders are happy again.  I'm sure everybody in here would love to see light at the end of the tunnel.  For me I'm scared of the dark and I'm a little hesitant to even enter the tunnel.  Please feel free to post anything you know because the MoCo told me not to believe anything i read on the internet anyways  ;)

No actually there are a few on here that have the same knowledge that I do. They are working on a fix.

Be Safe

THE DAWG
cvo 1  04 FLHTCSEI  Qrange/Black AKA Ole Punkin
cvo 2 05 VRSCXe Orange/Black sold
cvo 3 02 FXDWG2 Black/Gold 
cvo 4 04 FLHTCSE Blue/Black  sold
cvo 5 09 FLHTCUSE4 Red/Marron sold
cvo 6 12 FLHTCUSE Blue Saphire/Stardust Silver AKA Saphire
cvo 7 14 FLHTKSE  Blaze/Maroon
2020 CVO Limited

PROUD MEMBER EBCM #1.75 Second in command of this great organization

Also has been placed on
TRIPLE SECRET PROBATION
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8  All

Page created in 0.316 seconds with 24 queries.