Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All

Author Topic: Power commander or Race Tuner????  (Read 4391 times)

springer-

• Vendor
  • Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 1981 FXSS
    • CVO2: 1983 FXRT
    • Big Boyz Head Porting
Re: Power commander or Race Tuner????
« Reply #15 on: April 29, 2008, 10:28:04 PM »

ice6900

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: fxstsse 07
    • CVO2: (non cvo) fxdl customised
    • CVO3: (custom)arlen ness 1914 flat trak replica
« Reply #16 on: May 01, 2008, 01:56:53 AM »

hey springer, u seem to know ur stuff on sert, i^m a bit dumb with a pc, used to useing a apple mac, how do i install the sert cd on a pc, i download the 4.77version from the net.

springer-

• Vendor
  • Full CVO Member

• Big Boyz Head Porting
« Reply #17 on: May 01, 2008, 07:29:59 AM »

It most likely is a zipped file so first you need to unzip it.  Then find the folder you unzipped it to and run the "Launch.exe" file.  Then click the install button.  It should be pretty easy from there.  Install all the parts, like Data mode, SERT files, Instructions etc.

old wrench

• Full CVO Member
  • You gota make this work together to get there fast

• CVO1: 2008 FSXTSSE2 Orange
« Reply #18 on: May 01, 2008, 08:17:24 AM »

www.bigboyzheadporting.com

A very good site lots of helpful info on it for sure, Thanks for the info and effort you put into the site springer, we are going to put some bars on a 08 streetglide and your FBW throttle gave me a good insight to it.  :2vrolijk_21:

springer-

• Vendor
  • Full CVO Member

• Big Boyz Head Porting
« Reply #19 on: May 01, 2008, 10:36:11 AM »

A very good site lots of helpful info on it for sure, Thanks for the info and effort you put into the site springer, we are going to put some bars on a 08 streetglide and your FBW throttle gave me a good insight to it.  :2vrolijk_21:

Thank you for the positive comments.  We put those bars on before there were bars readily available for the '08's.  If you have bars designed for the '08's it will not be as complex.

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #20 on: May 01, 2008, 12:54:39 PM »

Was trying to call springer this morning to start a dialog about the SERT and Cybil. Got ahold of Bean at the shop instead. Had a real long talk with him. After reading the gurus posts here (Springer, rednectum, oldwrench, and AXIL) I've decided that a guy who knows a SERT inside and out , and who doesn't cut corners setting it up, is what I'd like to try for Cybil.

We had a great conversation. I liked his philosophy on how to tune, and how thoroughly they get into the program. I had previously spent a lot of time on their website watching them tune thru their live camera feed. I'm convinced they can get Cybil to run her best with a SERT, and will be preparing to head up to Augusta, ME to get her tuned by them. Looks like in June after Laconia.

springer, if ya catch this, I'm sending a PM with my number. Maybe you can call me when you have a chance. Thanks guys. Looking forward to working with ya'll! :2vrolijk_21:

Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #21 on: May 01, 2008, 01:00:25 PM »

Man, we need a thread on the "Evolution Of Howie".  ::) You just better not get no frick'n fairing. :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2:

Good luck w/the tune. :2vrolijk_21:

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #22 on: May 01, 2008, 01:16:16 PM »

Man, we need a thread on the "Evolution Of Howie".  ::) You just better not get no frick'n fairing. :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2:

Good luck w/the tune. :2vrolijk_21:

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:

Hehe! No problem with that Gary! :2vrolijk_21:

I have actually had the SERT sitting here for the past 6 months. Joe convinced me to go for it to have put in under the PCIII. His idea is to get it in to have access to adjust the ECM parameters, as well as put a decent tune in. Then put a perfect tune on the PCIII on top of it. If the PC ever failed, I'd stiil be able to ride the bike on the SERT'd ECM. But the good tune would reside in the PC.

All that because of the lack of a REAL PROFESSIONAL SERT tuner in this area. None that I know of anyway. Then I started following springer's follies here and the interaction with all the gurus here. I'm convinced they know their SERT chit, and can get Cybil running perfectly with the SERT alone. ;)

As long as they don't mind doing that for a loud-mouth NYer! (who really loves his motorcycle!) :o :nixweiss: :nixweiss: :nixweiss: :huepfenjump3: :huepfenjump3: :huepfenjump3:

Hoist! 8)

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

BaggerDave

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE3
« Reply #23 on: May 01, 2008, 02:15:51 PM »

Get the POWER COMMANDER!
Do not be hornswoggled (great word, huh!) by stealers telling you that you need the SERT.
They are just looking at the money they will make on 4 hours of Dyno time! And it still may not be right!

D&D Fatcats
Doherty PowerPACC
SE Pro Super Tuner
HP 100 TQ 116

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #24 on: May 01, 2008, 03:00:03 PM »

Get the POWER COMMANDER!
Do not be hornswoggled (great word, huh!) by stealers telling you that you need the SERT.
They are just looking at the money they will make on 4 hours of Dyno time! And it still may not be right!

Dave, I have a PC now. And I'm not being hornswoggled by any dealers into doing anything. I wouldn't let a dealer touch my bike for nuthin'. I'm doing this because I feel that a SERT, in the capable hands of a qualified PROFESSIONAL SERT TUNER, not a dealer loading in canned maps, will yield the best tune available. The SERT allows you to access the parameters of the ECM and make changes to them. You have no access to them via the PC. If I can get a perfect tune from a capable tuner with the SERT, i shouldn't need the PC anymore. And if not, I'll at least have an ECM that will allow me to run the bike if I need to put the PC back on for an even better tune, if that PC ever crapped out. ;)

Hoist! 8)

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #25 on: May 01, 2008, 03:06:14 PM »

Dave, I have a PC now. And I'm not being hornswoggled by any dealers into doing anything. I wouldn't let a dealer touch my bike for nuthin'. I'm doing this because I feel that a SERT, in the capable hands of a qualified PROFESSIONAL SERT TUNER, not a dealer loading in canned maps, will yield the best tune available. The SERT allows you to access the parameters of the ECM and make changes to them. You have no access to them via the PC. If I can get a perfect tune from a capable tuner with the SERT, i shouldn't need the PC anymore. And if not, I'll at least have an ECM that will allow me to run the bike if I need to put the PC back on for an even better tune, if that PC ever crapped out. ;)

Hoist! 8)

I thought Joe told you the best to be had came from dialing in the SERT to access things the PC could not then finishing with the PC on top of it?  Has he changed his mind?  On the outs with him?  Or just new guidance from another source?  Wherever and whatever, get that girl dialed in and then go thrash her a bit.

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #26 on: May 01, 2008, 03:13:42 PM »

I thought Joe told you the best to be had came from dialing in the SERT to access things the PC could not then finishing with the PC on top of it?  Has he changed his mind?  On the outs with him?  Or just new guidance from another source?  Wherever and whatever, get that girl dialed in and then go thrash her a bit.

No Don, I took it a step further. I decided that I should get the best tune I can with the SERT, instead of a half-assed one. If I still can do better, I'll still lay the PC over it. But if there's a capable guy out there that can get a perfect tune with the SERT, maybe I won't need the PC anymore. Joe's idea in steps, and modified. I've been known to make mistakes before, but this seems to make more sense than committing to both products before I even start. I'll see if there are any capable SERT tuners out there. And my gut and research tells me that springer and Bean have got their chit together. If they can make Cybil happy, I can be done. If not, I can then bring it to Joe to lay the PC over it. But Bean assures me they can git er done! :2vrolijk_21:

I've never spoken to springer, so I'd be curious what he might be able to add here. ;)

Hoist! 8)

porthole

• 10K CVO Member
  • Welcome to the Machine

• CVO1: 2005.3217-45 FLHTCSE2
    • Porthole II
« Reply #27 on: May 01, 2008, 08:52:21 PM »

Howie,

I have believed since the first time I played with the SERT that it is the way to go IF there is somebody that can really master it.
There is so much you can do with it.

PC tuners just have it a little easier as there is not the complexity in the PC as there is in a SERT.

Here is a question to ponder, what are the pro stock HD's using?

I'm with you on following this thread, and having been looking to find the right person that "talks" confidence. The guy in Long Island (Rosa?) talked a pretty good game but I just didn't care for his attitude, and I am not going to pay the big bucks and get trashed while doing it.
:fireman: Duane  :fireman:

MV 2013

1982 LowRider * 1974 XLCH * 1972 Adnoh
You can't control the weather, only how you deal with it

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #28 on: May 01, 2008, 09:01:05 PM »

Howie,

I have believed since the first time I played with the SERT that it is the way to go IF there is somebody that can really master it.
There is so much you can do with it.

PC tuners just have it a little easier as there is not the complexity in the PC as there is in a SERT.

Here is a question to ponder, what are the pro stock HD's using?

I'm with you on following this thread, and having been looking to find the right person that "talks" confidence. The guy in Long Island (Rosa?) talked a pretty good game but I just didn't care for his attitude, and I am not going to pay the big bucks and get trashed while doing it.

Yep, you nailed Rosa! ::)

I'm going here after KY and the Adirondacks:

www.bigboyzheadporting.com

After talking to Bean and springer, I'm convinced those guys are the ones. They don't speak in fork-ed tongue and tune to performance, not numbers. They know engines, dynos and race tuners. They keep it real. Following them here, and on their site has my gut telling me I finally found a qualified SERT tuner in the NE. That's the only reason I never used it. I've learned so much just talking to both of them. I can't wait to get up there and go thru this with them. I'm really looking forward to it! ;)

Hoist! 8)

porthole

• 10K CVO Member
  • Welcome to the Machine

• CVO1: 2005.3217-45 FLHTCSE2
    • Porthole II
« Reply #29 on: May 01, 2008, 09:17:44 PM »

I'm thinking the same thing, but may wait until I can do the cams and stuff. My bike runs pretty good now, I don't think I could justify the 900+ mile round trip just for a tune.
:fireman: Duane  :fireman:

MV 2013

1982 LowRider * 1974 XLCH * 1972 Adnoh
You can't control the weather, only how you deal with it
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All

Page created in 0.194 seconds with 24 queries.