Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All

Author Topic: touring seat.  (Read 8503 times)

FLTRCVO

• Senior CVO Member
  • pnw_cvfltrse_dom_c38_sws_w1024
Re: touring seat.
« Reply #30 on: May 05, 2008, 09:51:43 AM »

Thanks.  What's you motor count now?

Counting the original, a total of 5 motors with the last crate motor being installed 09/07 which just had the rear head gasket replaced with the 07B 04/23/08, and the total of motor swaps and repairs is 8.

Sean M Cary

« Reply #31 on: May 05, 2008, 05:15:56 PM »

Picture 1

WOW!  I like that.

Sean

skreminegul07

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
    • MA

• CVO1: 2017 Indian Chieftain Limited
« Reply #32 on: May 05, 2008, 06:15:02 PM »

Counting the original, a total of 5 motors with the last crate motor being installed 09/07 which just had the rear head gasket replaced with the 07B 04/23/08, and the total of motor swaps and repairs is 8.

That is frigging ridiculous.  You must really love that ride.  Another member had HD buy it back and he only had 3 mototrs. 
I guess you don't need to change the oil, just the motor!
Any day on the bike is a good day.

FLTRCVO

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #33 on: May 05, 2008, 06:27:00 PM »

That is frigging ridiculous.  You must really love that ride.  Another member had HD buy it back and he only had 3 mototrs. 
I guess you don't need to change the oil, just the motor!
My state has a lemon law, thus, I hava an unacceptable remedy available to me, although the depreciation language contained within the lemon law off Kelly Blue Book I would take a bath (Exhaust, SERT, Seat, Dyno time, etc..). Not many pre 2007 bikes available in my area of the country, let alone good ones. I have to hope HD comes out with a real fix.

popper

• Junior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2008 FLHRSE4
« Reply #34 on: May 06, 2008, 01:58:24 AM »

flhrse and the group., I have a 2008 Annie and niether me or my wike like the seat. I was looking at the Corbin. Our problem, Wife didn't like the low backrest so I got the taller one with a bigger pad. We did a couple of long rides and It seems there isn't as much room on this bike as there is on my 05 Softail. I did some measuring and found that her part of the seat is almost 2" shorter on the RK than on the Softail. The Softail has a wide reagal duke seat by Mustang on it.  With her on the bike, I am pushed ahead out of my pocket on the seat. Also I did a long solo ride today and found the stock seat was almost putting my butt to sleep.  I've heard that the Corbin seat will move me back even more. I am wondering if Corbin's back rest will let the passenger move back too. The LaPera seat looks great, Is it firm or soft? How's the seat for lower back suport for you? We have to come up with a solution for this bike because we both enjoy the ride and the rides. I can't understand how a bigger bike can have a smaller seat. Thanks all for any feedback. Keep your knees in the breeze. 
Keep your knees to the breeze

FLTRCVO

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #35 on: May 06, 2008, 03:57:20 AM »

flhrse and the group., I have a 2008 Annie and niether me or my wike like the seat. I was looking at the Corbin. Our problem, Wife didn't like the low backrest so I got the taller one with a bigger pad. We did a couple of long rides and It seems there isn't as much room on this bike as there is on my 05 Softail. I did some measuring and found that her part of the seat is almost 2" shorter on the RK than on the Softail. The Softail has a wide reagal duke seat by Mustang on it.  With her on the bike, I am pushed ahead out of my pocket on the seat. Also I did a long solo ride today and found the stock seat was almost putting my butt to sleep.  I've heard that the Corbin seat will move me back even more. I am wondering if Corbin's back rest will let the passenger move back too. The LaPera seat looks great, Is it firm or soft? How's the seat for lower back suport for you? We have to come up with a solution for this bike because we both enjoy the ride and the rides. I can't understand how a bigger bike can have a smaller seat. Thanks all for any feedback. Keep your knees in the breeze. 
I define firm as a Corbin seat, which to me means you have to break the seat in. The LePera seat is dense foam with no break in period. The bucket for the rider is deep and supportive. The LePera Maverick which is on my bike my not be the seat for anyone over 6 feet tall. The bucket is actually shorter than the stock seat riders area, however, the passenger area is much larger and longer.

kb

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 08 serk twilight/cobalt blue
« Reply #36 on: May 20, 2008, 02:18:56 PM »

Yesterday I decided to order a new dual touring seat. From most riders I talked to they like the comfort of a Corbin. Wait till my wife gets the AMX bill. After all it is her a$$ that was uncomfortable.
kb

miker

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009FLHTCUSE4
« Reply #37 on: May 20, 2008, 02:21:45 PM »

Yesterday I decided to order a new dual touring seat. From most riders I talked to they like the comfort of a Corbin. Wait till my wife gets the AMX bill. After all it is her a$$ that was uncomfortable.
[/color]

Thats sez it all don't it  !!!   :D

kb

• Elite CVO Member

« Reply #38 on: May 20, 2008, 02:37:32 PM »

I hope she doesn't read that post. Then that WILL say it all.
kb

miker

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #39 on: May 20, 2008, 02:41:24 PM »

And you won't be saying anything with that corbin stuffed down yer gullet!   :D ;)

kb

• Elite CVO Member

« Reply #40 on: May 20, 2008, 05:13:22 PM »

It sounds like you have been down that road?
kb

Sean M Cary

« Reply #41 on: May 25, 2008, 10:31:28 PM »

My wife downloads the Amex every morning...  I have about a 12 hour grace period.  :whip:

Technology can really suck.  And it has been sucking A LOT lately.  I don't know about the rest of the economy, but I have been keeping the Harley and Kawasaki shops freaking happy.   :vrolijk27:

Sean

Rooster452

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 07 SERK
« Reply #42 on: May 27, 2008, 09:57:12 AM »

My wife downloads the Amex every morning...  I have about a 12 hour grace period.  :whip:

Technology can really suck.  And it has been sucking A LOT lately.  I don't know about the rest of the economy, but I have been keeping the Harley and Kawasaki shops freaking happy.   :vrolijk27:

Sean

It's a tough job BUT somebody has to keep it going!

miker

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #43 on: May 27, 2008, 10:09:24 AM »

It sounds like you have been down that road?

Oh yeah...all it cost was around 18k for her own dyna!   :D  :o

kb

• Elite CVO Member

« Reply #44 on: May 27, 2008, 10:25:28 AM »

Just returned from a long weekend of riding. We left  RI Friday am and returned sunday pm. Rode Thur the lakes region of NH perfect weather. I must agree with my wife the seat on my SERK after approx 3 hrs. is extremely uncomfortable. I hope spending $550 for a Corbin puts this issue to rest.
kb
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All

Page created in 0.166 seconds with 20 queries.