Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All

Author Topic: Went with FAT CAT 2-1's  (Read 7213 times)

Unbalanced

• FUD Examiner
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 SESG,
    • CVO2: 2004 SEEG Pumpkin,
    • CVO3: 2002 Police Roadking, Maudie and Maybelle Slayer
Re: Went with FAT CAT 2-1's
« Reply #30 on: July 01, 2008, 07:01:59 PM »

VG,

When you ever find yourself in your rain suit be sure to have a small velcro strap / rubber band or other to tie down your right calf area of your rain suit they seem to be attracted to the rear pipe.   Its a bugger to get your rain suit off your rear exhaust pipe    :oops:
HBRR Florida Chapter,  STILL - The Fastest Chapter - Proven yet again Bikeweek 2017

TNThumper

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2008 FLHTCUSE3 Anny #1258/1800
« Reply #31 on: July 01, 2008, 07:05:47 PM »

Thanks for the heads up, I don't own a rain suit yet, but there are some that have a special material in that area to prevent the meltdown condition.  :-X

VG

08_ScreaminSpringer

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #32 on: July 01, 2008, 11:04:43 PM »

Got the fat cat big bore quiets. I think i can feel a little more power over the V&H big shot staggers with quiet baffles. Would have like to dyno it before and after, I do see a mean leg burn with these! the rear pipe come way out from the bike. My chrome and fit is not as nice as the V&H but it does sound very mean now.
08 Softail Screamin Eagle Springer with SERT and D&D fatcat Big Boar 2 into 1..

sportygordy

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #33 on: August 12, 2008, 06:53:12 PM »

back to the Fat Cat 2-1's thread.. where are you guys getting the best deal? Jenny? Also, do the fat cats have the oxygen sensor threads as an option?

08_ScreaminSpringer

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #34 on: August 12, 2008, 07:23:13 PM »

Easternperformance.com was by far the best price. 
08 Softail Screamin Eagle Springer with SERT and D&D fatcat Big Boar 2 into 1..

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #35 on: August 12, 2008, 07:27:25 PM »

back to the Fat Cat 2-1's thread.. where are you guys getting the best deal? Jenny? Also, do the fat cats have the oxygen sensor threads as an option?

When I got the set for the SERG this spring and the SEEG last fall was told each time that they all come with O2 sensor bungs now.

oldharleyguy

• Full CVO Member
  • Yeah, orange black

• CVO1: 2007 SE Ultra
    • open for business
« Reply #36 on: August 12, 2008, 11:05:22 PM »

anybody take off rinehart td to go with the D&D's and notice any difference in engine heat?   was thinking that by getting rid of the left pipe would stop cooking the 'boys' and upper legs.  didn't want to change if the temp didn't stay the same or lower.   you know save the engine, cook the 'boys'.   thanks
When I can't lift my leg over the saddle,this thing will be a trike.
1967 FLH * 2003 EVO Custom * 2004 FXST custom * 2007 VRSCX * 2009/1977 Springer custom * 2009 XR1200

sportygordy

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #37 on: August 12, 2008, 11:37:36 PM »

anybody take off rinehart td to go with the D&D's and notice any difference in engine heat?   was thinking that by getting rid of the left pipe would stop cooking the 'boys' and upper legs.  didn't want to change if the temp didn't stay the same or lower.   you know save the engine, cook the 'boys'.   thanks

Exactly my plan.. will let you know... And oh yea,,,easternperformance has a sweat deal.. They are ordered,,, thanks
« Last Edit: August 12, 2008, 11:39:43 PM by sportygordy »

MUFFMAN

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 07 FLHTUSE2
    • CVO2: 09 FLTRSE3
« Reply #38 on: August 13, 2008, 04:53:04 AM »

My brother in law got rid of his Reinharts due to the heat from left side. He changed to V&H tru duel header pipes with Kerker/Supertrapp mufflers with the Mikuni core. Heat issue is gone & he picked up a little more grunt on the bottom end.THE MUFFMAN

Buvy

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2
« Reply #39 on: August 13, 2008, 08:03:24 AM »

Got the dealership to honor easternperformance's price.  Now I've got to go in and see about the big boar w/ quiet baffles.

Yes I know big bore should be spelled I'm just going from D&D's catalog.

http://danddexhaust.com/catalog/complete_exhaust_catalog.pdf

502-32BBQ FLH/FLT Fat Cat 07-08 2-1, Chrome, Big Boar Quiet $813 f/s
We're the renegades of this time and age
This is the time and age of renegades!

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #40 on: August 13, 2008, 08:14:35 AM »

Got the dealership to honor easternperformance's price.  Now I've got to go in and see about the big boar w/ quiet baffles.

Yes I know big bore should be spelled I'm just going from D&D's catalog.

http://danddexhaust.com/catalog/complete_exhaust_catalog.pdf

502-32BBQ FLH/FLT Fat Cat 07-08 2-1, Chrome, Big Boar Quiet $813 f/s

I have them. I love em, but they're LOUD!!! ;D ;)

For your build with the 251's, if ya don't want LOUD, go with the regulare quiet muffler on it. Works great with your setup. :2vrolijk_21:

Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

Buvy

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #41 on: August 13, 2008, 08:24:12 AM »

I have them. I love em, but they're LOUD!!! ;D ;)

For your build with the 251's, if ya don't want LOUD, go with the regulare quiet muffler on it. Works great with your setup. :2vrolijk_21:

Hoist! 8)

I love loud but not so much on a bike I ride up to 500 miles in a single day.  I enjoy being able to hear and think when I get off the sled.

So even with the quiet baffles the big boars are still super loud eh?  How effin loud are the big boars without the quiet baffle then?

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #42 on: August 13, 2008, 08:27:00 AM »

I love loud but not so much on a bike I ride up to 500 miles in a single day.  I enjoy being able to hear and think when I get off the sled.

So even with the quiet baffles the big boars are still super loud eh?  How effin loud are the big boars without the quiet baffle then?

HeHe! That's what I'm talking about. I have the Big Bore with the Quiet baffle. But it's LOUD! Just go with the regular Quiet Muffler if ya don't want LOUD. Stay away from the Big Bore then. And don't even look at the Borzilla! :2vrolijk_21:

Hoist! 8)

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

Buvy

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #43 on: August 13, 2008, 08:53:02 AM »

HeHe! That's what I'm talking about. I have the Big Bore with the Quiet baffle. But it's LOUD! Just go with the regular Quiet Muffler if ya don't want LOUD. Stay away from the Big Bore then. And don't even look at the Borzilla! :2vrolijk_21:

Hoist! 8)

Well you just saved me some headache as the SM was telling me about how the quiet could cause some power loss (expected) so I figured I might re-gain the power and still have it somewhat quiet but I'll take your word for it.

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #44 on: August 13, 2008, 09:02:03 AM »

Well you just saved me some headache as the SM was telling me about how the quiet could cause some power loss (expected) so I figured I might re-gain the power and still have it somewhat quiet but I'll take your word for it.

Exactly the setup Rich07 is running. And that's without headwork or compression too. Bike runs great! :2vrolijk_21:

Hoist! 8)

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All

Page created in 0.156 seconds with 20 queries.