Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All

Author Topic: Went with FAT CAT 2-1's  (Read 7210 times)

hdfatboy

• Full CVO Member
  • Pain is Mandatory. Misery is Optional.
Re: Went with FAT CAT 2-1's
« Reply #45 on: August 13, 2008, 11:55:06 AM »

anybody take off rinehart td to go with the D&D's and notice any difference in engine heat?   was thinking that by getting rid of the left pipe would stop cooking the 'boys' and upper legs.  didn't want to change if the temp didn't stay the same or lower.   you know save the engine, cook the 'boys'.   thanks

Yup, went from V&H True Duals and flat Ovals to Rineharts & most recently (last July) to the D&D Fat Cat (502-32B). HP stayed flat TQ went up 6 points but I didn't notice a reduction in the heat.

It is freakin' loud. But to be honest, volume was not a primary concern. I do like the tone, and I certainly like the performance. The quality is superior to any other pipe I've owned.

Dirkenstien

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #46 on: August 13, 2008, 12:31:44 PM »

Well you just saved me some headache as the SM was telling me about how the quiet could cause some power loss (expected) so I figured I might re-gain the power and still have it somewhat quiet but I'll take your word for it.

I was under the impression that the quiet baffle actually increased performance. Can anyone comment on this?

sportygordy

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #47 on: August 13, 2008, 04:30:30 PM »

I was under the impression that the quiet baffle actually increased performance. Can anyone comment on this?
I believe the quite baffles help on low end but top end suffers.

oldharleyguy

• Full CVO Member
  • Yeah, orange black

• CVO1: 2007 SE Ultra
    • open for business
« Reply #48 on: August 16, 2008, 10:08:20 AM »

Thanks group for all of the input on the D and D's    I live about 15 minutes from Eastern Performance and they have a good Dyno guy so I think I will give these a try.   Thanks again for all who replied.   Me and 'my boys' appreciate it.
When I can't lift my leg over the saddle,this thing will be a trike.
1967 FLH * 2003 EVO Custom * 2004 FXST custom * 2007 VRSCX * 2009/1977 Springer custom * 2009 XR1200
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All

Page created in 0.242 seconds with 20 queries.