Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 13

Author Topic: New Saddle in Town  (Read 17390 times)

SPIDERMAN

Re: New Saddle in Town
« Reply #60 on: May 29, 2008, 10:43:54 PM »

As I transitioned it from red to red to red one of their options was a really good match to the paint color that was closed to the saddle.  That mating area I'm very pleased with.

Did you get matching nail polish and lip gloss to go with it ?  :nixweiss:

:oops: The Chithead voting has closed

B B

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #61 on: May 29, 2008, 10:46:47 PM »

Here ya go:

That'll teach me to read a whole thread before posting.

AJ you beat me by a mile with this one

You are hereby annointed the title of

Jedi Master of Sarcasm

B B

hard10

• Emperor of the Imperial Grand Masters of Sarcasm
  • 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM # 6 1/157.48

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE²
« Reply #62 on: May 29, 2008, 10:51:47 PM »

AJ you beat me by a mile with this one

B B

Yeah, but you're ahead of me in NASCAR fantasy. I can't use Jr. for the rest of the season now  >:(

AJ
"Jedi Master of Sarcasm"

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #63 on: May 29, 2008, 11:10:03 PM »

Cool seat, TwoLane.  8) I've found that most leather conditioners/oils will darken leather a tad as you use them.  And you know it will normally tone down some through normal 'exposure to the elements' also. It's hard to stand out in this CVO World, but you're moving right up to the center of the stage with this bike. When are you gonna post pics with the tourpac?  :nixweiss: har!  spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #64 on: May 30, 2008, 12:12:52 AM »

Cool seat, TwoLane.  8) I've found that most leather conditioners/oils will darken leather a tad as you use them.  And you know it will normally tone down some through normal 'exposure to the elements' also. It's hard to stand out in this CVO World, but you're moving right up to the center of the stage with this bike. When are you gonna post pics with the tourpac?  :nixweiss: har!  spyder

Bike has to go the shop to get hooked up to Digital Tech tomorrow.  It'll go there with as little on it as possible.  Just being lazy and not taking it on and off an extra time right now.

Also found out from Corbin this afternoon that the tour pak's backrest shipped from them yesterday.  So a few days from them to Jenni's dealership in Ohio then a few more days back to me.  Will dress it a bit when it's all here then we can see what it looks like all put together.

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #65 on: May 30, 2008, 03:34:28 PM »

Don,
        I am worried about you. Are you tired ? Run down ?  Have you been taking your Geritol ?  You don't seem to relish taking up the gauntlet when thrown down like you used to. Is this reverse physchology ?  I mean you've almost got me wondering if I've hurt your feelings. Dude, just because I think your bike now looks like it should be owned by somebody named Candy  :oops: doesn't mean I don't like the bike anymore. You know me, I'm kind dull and boring and don't like flashy bikes much.  ::)

B B

cuthbertss

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • red bikes..lots o red bikes

• CVO1: 2005 FLHTCSE2 (Red!)
    • CVO2: 2001 FXDWG2 ( way red!)
    • CVO3: 2005 Ford F350 HD True Blue Metallic
« Reply #66 on: May 30, 2008, 03:53:25 PM »

Don,
        I am worried about you. Are you tired ? Run down ?  Have you been taking your Geritol ?  You don't seem to relish taking up the gauntlet when thrown down like you used to. Is this reverse physchology ?  I mean you've almost got me wondering if I've hurt your feelings. Dude, just because I think your bike now looks like it should be owned by somebody named Candy  :oops: doesn't mean I don't like the bike anymore. You know me, I'm kind dull and boring and don't like flashy bikes much.  ::)

B B

SPEWWWWWWW

Talon

• Life is like a jar of jalapenos, what you do today may get you in the a$$ tomorrow!
  • 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #67 on: May 30, 2008, 04:00:12 PM »

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #68 on: May 30, 2008, 06:52:32 PM »

Don,

B B

Oh crap, I had to go back and look for anything offensive.  Dammit Brian, from you nothing ever is.  You gotta remember, I'm not offended by opinions.  Especially honest ones.  And yours always are.  So even if you're throwing chit it's always good chit :huepfenlol2: !

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #69 on: June 01, 2008, 02:00:23 AM »

Just read a message asking what product or process is ahead to darken a bit the seat's brighter red section.  After seeing the color patch from Corbin before ordering and also seeing it was their only red leather option I checked with a local leather guru.  He makes tack for show horses.  Amazing and sometimes gawdy stuff for a hobby that puts to shame any concept that we really spend much for or on our bikes.

Anyway...  This old guy has been doing leather longer then I've been doing.  When I asked him if a new leather could be darkened and done so where it would be permanent, not bleed and not cause other maintenance or long term care issues he looked at me like I was some kind of idiot.

Not knowing whether I'd asked something that was obviously possible or obviously impossible I proved the ignorance by asking again.  He tells me the product to use is something called Hydrophane Leather Darkening Oil.

Apparently in the leather tack/horse community Hydrophane is a well known and trusted product line.  This stuff is supposed to be progressive in its effect and permanent once applied.  Will start on a backrest first as would rather ruin it then a saddle.  This guys knows his leather and support products though.  So I'm willing to give it a try based on his advice.

hard10

• Emperor of the Imperial Grand Masters of Sarcasm
  • 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM # 6 1/157.48

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE²
« Reply #70 on: June 01, 2008, 02:52:49 AM »

Just read a message asking what product or process is ahead to darken a bit the seat's brighter red section.  After seeing the color patch from Corbin before ordering and also seeing it was their only red leather option I checked with a local leather guru.  He makes tack for show horses.  Amazing and sometimes gawdy stuff for a hobby that puts to shame any concept that we really spend much for or on our bikes.

Anyway...  This old guy has been doing leather longer then I've been doing.  When I asked him if a new leather could be darkened and done so where it would be permanent, not bleed and not cause other maintenance or long term care issues he looked at me like I was some kind of idiot.

Not knowing whether I'd asked something that was obviously possible or obviously impossible I proved the ignorance by asking again.  He tells me the product to use is something called Hydrophane Leather Darkening Oil.

Apparently in the leather tack/horse community Hydrophane is a well known and trusted product line.  This stuff is supposed to be progressive in its effect and permanent once applied.  Will start on a backrest first as would rather ruin it then a saddle.  This guys knows his leather and support products though.  So I'm willing to give it a try based on his advice.

Good luck?

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #71 on: June 01, 2008, 03:48:14 AM »

Good luck?

Thanks AJ.  This guy is such a wizard with anything leather and seems so confident.  I'm just going along for the ride a bit.  One of those times when I know what I don't know and just listen to those that (hopefully) do.

FNGw/08SERK

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 09 SERG
« Reply #72 on: June 01, 2008, 08:08:08 AM »

Thanks AJ.  This guy is such a wizard with anything leather and seems so confident.  I'm just going along for the ride a bit.  One of those times when I know what I don't know and just listen to those that (hopefully) do.
I beleive my sister uses this product on her gear....testing first to assure not going TOO dark is a good option!

ccr

• SEEG Cult Senior Member
  • 5k CVO Member
« Reply #73 on: June 01, 2008, 08:10:30 AM »

Won't the non-leather product not change colors in alignment with the leather products?  I'd just let it age naturally and turn out how it will. 

And Brian, I'd be very proud to have a saddle as nice as this one.

Want to buy it for me?

sadunbar

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM # Stealth - SSBS # 1.1 - SoA # Z&E2525 .01%
    • IL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2
    • CVO2: 2000 FXR4
« Reply #74 on: June 01, 2008, 08:37:19 AM »

I beleive my sister uses this product on her gear....testing first to assure not going TOO dark is a good option!

Your sister has leather gear???   :oops:    :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2:

(awww, come on, someone was going to ask....)
2007 Screamin Eagle Ultra Classic - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice
Screamin Eagle 120r
Revolution Performance EMS
Fuel Moto Jackpot headpipes and 4.5" Pro Touring Mufflers
HPI 55mm Throttle Body w/5.3 injectors
BDL clutch w/VPC92T
Traxxion AK-20
Legend Air Suspension
Brembo Brake Calipers/Rotors
Garmin Zumo
575 Chubby's
Bushtec Quantum
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 13

Page created in 0.185 seconds with 20 queries.