Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2  All

Author Topic: Reading the 110 Poll  (Read 2632 times)

Ruf_Nek_79

Reading the 110 Poll
« on: June 03, 2008, 10:36:03 PM »

Man, you all are freaking me out.  I am supposed to take delivery of an '08 SERK in a few weeks, but it sounds like the 110 has some issues that HD may or may not have fiigured out.  So, whats the word out there?  Would you make the same decision again?
2008 SERK Crystal Copper/Black Onyx
2005 RK Cobalt Blue
Oklahoma - 'Is this a Great State or What'

BIGDOG

• 1K CVO Member
  • EBCM#9.51 and a half .3
Re: Reading the 110 Poll
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2008, 10:40:12 PM »

If you love the bike go for it .Theres a warranty and all will be good. :bananarock:
If your not liven on the edge , your taking up to much space!

Ruf_Nek_79

« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2008, 10:52:55 PM »

LOL, I gotta say, I love it.  I haven't stopped grinning since I made the deal.  I pick it up on the 14th, Crystal Copper and Black Onyx.  One sweet scooter.   ;D
2005 RK Cobalt Blue

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2008, 10:55:41 PM »

Wait'll you ride it, Rufnek.

That grin will be damn near permanent for weeks.

Some bikes have issues, others do not.  H/D is working on a "fix" & hope we hear soon what it is.
"I had the right to remain silent, but I didn't have the ability." ~ RW

Ruf_Nek_79

« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2008, 11:01:08 PM »

This is my first New bike, and I have heard several different break in methods.  Any helpful hints?
2005 RK Cobalt Blue

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2008, 11:13:29 PM »

I followed the Owner's Manual/dealer recommendations.  Less than 3k RPM for the first 500 miles, (varying RPMs) as I recall (best check to be sure).  3k is about 75-80 mph, BTW.

After that I rode it like the scalded dog it was intended to be.  Lots of fun!   :2vrolijk_21:

Ruf_Nek_79

« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2008, 11:20:58 PM »

I followed the Owner's Manual/dealer recommendations.  Less than 3k RPM for the first 500 miles, (varying RPMs) as I recall (best check to be sure).  3k is about 75-80 mph, BTW.

After that I rode it like the scalded dog it was intended to be.  Lots of fun!   :2vrolijk_21:

Scalded Dog, LOL, that is what I am talking about.   I will be heading to Lake City, Co. and Taos, NM over the 4th, so I guess I will have to make sure that I have the break in miles on it before we head out.  Damnit, I guess that is the price you pay.  Thanks for the info.
2005 RK Cobalt Blue

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2008, 11:24:31 PM »

Scalded Dog, LOL, that is what I am talking about.   I will be heading to Lake City, Co. and Taos, NM over the 4th, so I guess I will have to make sure that I have the break in miles on it before we head out.  Damnit, I guess that is the price you pay.  Thanks for the info.

Welcome.  Hoist says the northern version of scalded dog is "raped ape."  either way, they are a real blast to ride.

Have fun on those roads around Taos.  Envy you there - some great views & twisties.  Great little restaurant in Eagle Nest, NM (guess it's still there) - Kawliga's.  Red River, Angel Fire, Eagle Nest, and Taos is a heckuva trip!

cuthbertss

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • red bikes..lots o red bikes

• CVO1: 2005 FLHTCSE2 (Red!)
    • CVO2: 2001 FXDWG2 ( way red!)
    • CVO3: 2005 Ford F350 HD True Blue Metallic
« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2008, 11:25:25 PM »

Where is Lake City, CO??

I'll be passing you.....headed to Norman and the area

and yes, awesome riding around Taos

Ruf_Nek_79

« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2008, 11:33:17 PM »

Lake City is NE of Silverton, Co.  About 200 miles NW of Taos.  First time to Taos on a scooter, use to go skiing out there all the time.  Coming in from the East and popping over the top of the Mtn to see Eagle Nest Lake is great.  I can't wait to get back out there, as it has been about five years since the last time.
2005 RK Cobalt Blue

cuthbertss

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • red bikes..lots o red bikes

• CVO1: 2005 FLHTCSE2 (Red!)
    • CVO2: 2001 FXDWG2 ( way red!)
    • CVO3: 2005 Ford F350 HD True Blue Metallic
« Reply #10 on: June 03, 2008, 11:38:23 PM »

Lake City is NE of Silverton, Co.  About 200 miles NW of Taos.  First time to Taos on a scooter, use to go skiing out there all the time.  Coming in from the East and popping over the top of the Mtn to see Eagle Nest Lake is great.  I can't wait to get back out there, as it has been about five years since the last time.

AWESOME  I cant find Lake city on the map but no biggie....  Silverton is pretty country..you will have a great ride

Enjoy it!

TORKER07

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #11 on: June 03, 2008, 11:49:13 PM »

I have a 07 SEUC, some problems yea, but love the bike and get lots of comments wherever I go. Sure I always doubt myself whenever a problem arises but in the end I'm glad I own it.

The power of the 110 is truely awesome. :2vrolijk_21: when compared to my 2000 UC with the 88TC. The only mods I made are better A/C and Rinehart TD's, and of course the Race Tuner. I would love to upgrade some more items but I just retired and have to watch our budget for a little while to adjust to the new lower income.

The upside is we now have more time to ride :pineapple: :pepper: :orange:
Do it, you won't regret it.

Tork

sportygordy

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #12 on: June 04, 2008, 12:19:05 AM »

Wait for the 2009 Water Cooled with air conditioning

56FLE

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011.5 - FLHTCUSE6 "Big Blue"
« Reply #13 on: June 04, 2008, 12:57:50 AM »

Your going to love that bike. Let me tell you about my ride since May 2.

Departed Austin Texas for Sedona with 3,300 Miles on the speedo. Met up with nixobilly in Junction, TX where we proceeded to ride 600+ miles to Las Cruces. Mark and I split up the next day in SE Arizona and met up 3 days later in Sedona for the GTG.

Friday May 9th after the GTG I rode to Newport Beach CA to visit friends in one day. The bike ran great at 80~95 mph for hours wth gusty head winds on I-40 and I-15. Five days late I was on the rode again from Newport Beach to Montery Bay up CA Highway 1. Once again 7~8 hours of riding with lots of 70~80 mph. Next day Montery to San Francisco, Dudly Perkins HD, then over the Golden Gate, then on to Sacramento on highway 37 and 80. Once again lots of 70~85 mph riding in places.

Visited friends in Sac until last week and this is where the trip gets interesting and the 110 really puts the grin on your face.

I left thursday from Sacramento and went over the mountians thru Tioga Pass, it was cold but sunny, road was dry but snow 4 foot high on the sides in places near the summit. Needed to get warms so rode thru Death Valley and on to Las Vegas that same day. Next Day up I-15 fromLas Vegas to Zion and then on to Bryce Canyon. The next day I rode up Utah State Route 12, fantastic rode, on to Capitol reef National Park, then took Utah Route 24 to Utah Route 95 thru Glen Canyon NRA, stopped by Natural Bridges National Monument before riding up US191 to Moab, yew long day but still got in before dark. The next day was my last day in Utah because I had made an appointment at Belmount/Flagstaff HD to get new tires at 9 AM (9K miles) so I got up early to visit Canyon Lands and Arches NP before noon, then lunch in Moab and hit the rode, but it was not a straight shot because I was so close to 4 corners I did not want to skip it, and of course Monument Valley was not going to be missed either so there was a bit of down to 4 corners and then back up into Utah to hook back up to ride thru Monument Valley. Made to to Flagstaff that night, HD shop for the next morning then rode to Show Low for a short day. Today I rode from Show Low AZ to Tombstone AZ by scenic rodes for another 300+ day.

These 110 engines are amazing and fun to ride, yes they do have a head gasket problem which I think mine is starting to show signs of but nothing that is measurable in oil consumption. Just a bit of a brown stain on the rear cylinder fins.

I have 9,500 miles on the bike right now, I got the bike March 26, 2008.

I like riding this bike!  :bananarock: :bananarock: :bananarock:
« Last Edit: June 04, 2008, 12:59:31 AM by 56FLE »

56FLE

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011.5 - FLHTCUSE6 "Big Blue"
« Reply #14 on: June 04, 2008, 01:03:37 AM »

A bit cool.
Pages: [1] 2  All

Page created in 0.172 seconds with 24 queries.