Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6  All

Author Topic: LED's on your bike  (Read 8075 times)

Keats

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Do not be led astray

• CVO1: 2008 FLHTCUSE3
    • CVO2: 2003 FXSTDSEI
Re: LED's on your bike
« Reply #15 on: June 12, 2008, 05:24:49 PM »

I have seen great jobs(LEDs)  and some very bad Jobs,

I look at like a Paint job, not every paint job do I like but to each his own.

Generally I do not mind them and on occasion I really like them.

The real determining factor is how good of job is it......If I do not see the LEDs directly and the display is uniform and

balanced, I think it can add a flair to the bike at night......but as to some paint jobs you can get carried away and end

up with a circus
« Last Edit: June 12, 2008, 05:58:46 PM by FLHTCUSE3 »
Formally FLHTCUSE3
SoA #99.9            "Never say Die"
SEST,   open A/C , dyno tuned, D&D Fatcats 2 into 1 ceramic coated, new SE CNC Ported and coated Heads with 2.120 intake valve, SE camplate,
Jims SE Crank "Darkhorsed", Timkin conversion, Andrews 54H cams, Arnott Air shocks, intimidator front valves, HID headlights, LED turn signals, Moto Lights,  Zumo 550, SE compensator.

Guilty

• Got Dead?
  • Elite CVO Member
« Reply #16 on: June 12, 2008, 05:54:19 PM »

I have LED's on my RKC and CVO Springer and get compliments on both bikes whenever they are turned on, it really looks good with the chrome IMO. I know of several biker friends and HOG members that have put LED's on their bikes after seeing mine. The RKC has blue H-D LED's so I can't ride with them on, so I only turn them on while parked. I installed Boogey Lights TNT Series Orange LED's on my CVO Springer and I can ride with these turned on and they really help with visibility at night so other vehicles can see me better. Cost was only a couple C-notes, not anywhere close to the $700.00 that guys pay to have them installed at a bike rally. I think it is a personal preference, either you like them or you hate them...fortunately, it doesn't matter what others think about me or my bikes, all that matters is that I like them.

brhulen

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2008 FLHTCUSE3 Anniversary #1009
    • CVO2: 2002 FLSTCI Jade Sun Glo Pearl
« Reply #17 on: June 12, 2008, 10:56:35 PM »

I converted to LED for brake/tail/signal lights, and am very satisfied with them.  I had seen the triple flash and then stay on brake light once before and it really caught my eye, even in bright sunlight.  I believe that this post was probably more directed towards the "bling" dress up lights and IMHO I think they would look okay on a town cruiser, but would look a little silly out on the highway.  That being said, in time I will probably buy the tour pack and saddle bag LED set, but for increased visibility from the rear rather than show.  If you like the looks of it then by all means go ahead and put them on.  Each bike is a direct reflection, or in this case illumination of it's owner, so don't be dissuaded by what someone else does or doesn't do to their bike.
Brett in AK

Spike

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 05 vrscse-sold
    • CVO2: 07 flhrse
« Reply #18 on: June 12, 2008, 11:41:06 PM »

Both my friends got what I like to call the Christmas tree lights. These LED's change into 7 different colors, blink, flash, and pulse. They can leave it one color or they can mix it up. They even got key fob's to control all this madness. I think it was Oger lights that put them on. The tech did great work. Still, 7 bills is a lot to me to put on a light show. Like I said before, some look good and others belong in Vegas.

boxmaker

• FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #19 on: June 12, 2008, 11:51:25 PM »

Okay guys, I need some help locating the LED's that I had on my '06 Watermelon.  I had a length across the leather tour pak, and it worked as both running lights and brake light. Now that that bike is in the scrape heap, I need to repurchase this assembly for my replacement '06 SE but over the past three years I've forgotten where I bought them.  The bar that one of you mentioned (sadunbar)sounds exactly like what I had.  Who is the manufacturer of this item . . . please, and thank you :-)

Gone Fishin'

• The Director
  • 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2016 FLHTKSE Limited®, Black Sparkle and 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Ultra Classic®, Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate, # 110 of 992
    • CVO2: 2007 FLHRSE3 Screamin' Eagle® Road King®, Black Ice, 1 of 1325
    • CVO3: 2001 FXDWG2, Scarlet Red and 2000 FXR4, Candy Tangerine, 1 of 316
« Reply #20 on: June 13, 2008, 04:40:05 AM »

Never for show, but to enhance road safety at night. I have Kuryakin mirrors with LEDS mounted on the fairing. And a LED tail/brake light plus the TRI LED additional tail/brake light, both from H-D.

Ride safely,
Louis

1914 10E, Grey
1956 FLH Custom, Candy Orange
1988 FXRS Custom, "S.O.A."
2000 FLSTF Custom Fat Boy, "Jumpin' Jack Flash"
2000 FXSTS Custom Springer Softail, Grey
2000 FXR4, Candy Tangerine
2001 FXDWG2, Scarlet Red
2005 FLHTCSE2, -9/07
2007 FLHRSE3, Black Ice
2008 FLHTCUSE3, -7/08
2009 FLHTCUSE4, -4/10
2010 FLHTCUSE5-BLK, Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate
2012 VRSCDX ANV, Brilliant Silver Pearl
2016 FLHTKSE, Black Sparkle
2016 XL1200CX Roadster, Vivid Black
2018 FLFBS ANV
CVO 1480 IBA 26678

TORKER07

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #21 on: June 13, 2008, 05:24:57 AM »

If tastefully done I love them for safety. I personally have Blue ones and I do ride with them on, most cops just look at me and usually give me a thumbs up. Like I said don't do too many and you should look great.

I think with the Blue ones I makes cagers take a second look, which is what I want them to do.

Tork

Garznhogs

• Elite CVO Member
  • $$$ heals all

• CVO1: 2004 SEEG
« Reply #22 on: June 15, 2008, 01:58:39 PM »

I've seen bikes with LEDs in parking lots at night. Much more visible to the cagers backing out of parking spots. Some need all the help they can get.
Ness Big Sucker, SuperTrapp 2:1, SERT, Dyno by Cycle-Rama = 107 hp, 108.5 tq. And that's all I need. Oh, wait... a working radio would be nice.

VaEagle

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • VA

• CVO1: 06 FLHTCUSE Autumn Haze -SOLD
    • CVO2: 09 FLTRSE3 Orange- sold
    • CVO3: Who knows what?
« Reply #23 on: June 15, 2008, 05:49:57 PM »

Okay guys, I need some help locating the LED's that I had on my '06 Watermelon.  I had a length across the leather tour pak, and it worked as both running lights and brake light. Now that that bike is in the scrape heap, I need to repurchase this assembly for my replacement '06 SE but over the past three years I've forgotten where I bought them.  The bar that one of you mentioned (sadunbar)sounds exactly like what I had.  Who is the manufacturer of this item . . . please, and thank you :-)

This is the company you need for the TourPak lights :

http://www.customdynamics.com/index.htm

TORKER07 be careful if you ever ride in Virginia, you will be stopped rapidly if you are on the road with blue lights and lucky if all you get is a ticket and not a ride to jail. Some officers don't have compassion and they consider unauthorized red or blue lights to be impersonating and officer. Other non DOT or SAE approved lights are just an equipment violation.

cuthbertss

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • red bikes..lots o red bikes

• CVO1: 2005 FLHTCSE2 (Red!)
    • CVO2: 2001 FXDWG2 ( way red!)
    • CVO3: 2005 Ford F350 HD True Blue Metallic
« Reply #24 on: June 15, 2008, 06:59:44 PM »

I can say that in CO there are three diff statutes that unauth blue and red lights can be written under one is a fine one is a misd and one is a felony. Depends on intent.

hossdog

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHRSEI2
« Reply #25 on: June 15, 2008, 10:15:15 PM »

It's your bike, if you like the lights get em that's what having a Harley is all about. I like the looks and they have a purpose. We need all the visability we can get.
Jesus loves bikers too !

TORKER07

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #26 on: June 16, 2008, 12:06:01 AM »

This is the company you need for the TourPak lights :

http://www.customdynamics.com/index.htm

TORKER07 be careful if you ever ride in Virginia, you will be stopped rapidly if you are on the road with blue lights and lucky if all you get is a ticket and not a ride to jail. Some officers don't have compassion and they consider unauthorized red or blue lights to be impersonating and officer. Other non DOT or SAE approved lights are just an equipment violation.

Thanks for the tip, I tried to arrange them so they are not pointing outward in any direction and they aren't very bright. Don't know if they would actually offend anybody. I really don't see any more harm than a glaring GPS screen the cagers have, or the drop down LCD video players that point out the rear of soccer mom mini vans.
Either way I'd be careful out of my home state (MI).

Tork

SERK3

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 07 FLHRSE3
« Reply #27 on: July 01, 2008, 05:52:54 PM »

Got 'em, love 'em, doesn't look anything like a GW.   :confused5:

Didn't spend anywhere near $700.00.  Less than a third of that. 

GhostRider, I have the same bike, what color did you go with? Think i am going with all white.

SERK3
07 SCREAMIN EAGLE ROAD KING, RAZOR RED WITH GOLD FLAMES
V&H DUALS WITH HI-OUTPUT SLIP-ONS, ZIPPERS THUNDER MAX w/AUTOTUNE, NESS BIG SUCKER, LED TURN AND BRAKE LIGHTS. FARING, HARD BAGS & KING TOUR PAK.
LIVE EASY, RIDE HARD

Ghost Rider

• 1K CVO Member
  • EBCM # WHORE

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE2 Kermit
    • CVO2: 2015 Victory Ness Magnum #31 of 299
    • CVO3: 2013 Can-Am Spyder RTS
« Reply #28 on: July 01, 2008, 05:56:54 PM »

GhostRider, I have the same bike, what color did you go with? Think i am going with all white.

SERK3

I went with amber.  A poor attempt to try and stay in color scheme.  (Red and gold)

Spike

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 05 vrscse-sold
    • CVO2: 07 flhrse
« Reply #29 on: July 02, 2008, 12:39:02 AM »

I would have to say that the white lights look the best. JMO though. The only problem is that if you get the lights put on, then you have to make sure that after you wash your bike that you get all the water spots off because those LED's will show everything that you missed.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6  All

Page created in 0.186 seconds with 25 queries.