Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 49

Author Topic: 2009 CVO's  (Read 76426 times)

greglyon

• 1K CVO Member
  • 2013 FLHRSE5
    • AZ

• CVO1: FLHRSE5
    • Phillips and Lyon LLC
Re: 2009 CVO's
« Reply #675 on: July 29, 2008, 12:53:15 PM »

No, just the O/B. I know where you are coming from, I really want to see a silver also. From what the corporate HD rep said it will be in the last run of the SERG's and since most of the interest is in the O/B, I'm anxious to see the silver.

I saw all 3 colors. Silver was more laid back and elegant vs either the o/b or yellow
Not the head turner that the others will provide. If resale is an issue you might ask the salesman which bike will be the easiest and hardest to sell 
"A clear conscience is usually the sign of a bad memory"

MJZ

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 05 SEEG is on permanent vacation in CA.
    • CVO2: 09 BMW K1300S
    • CVO3: 2010 BMW S1000RR
« Reply #676 on: July 29, 2008, 03:06:22 PM »

I just got back from riding the SERG, Cross Bones, SEFB and last but certainly not least SEUC. It was 95 degrees and 95% humidity and felt like 115. First let me post the pictures some had requested:
The eagle close up on the SERG O/B,

MJZ

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #677 on: July 29, 2008, 03:08:32 PM »

Here are a set of the rear end with running lights only, break lights and turn signals. Don't think these will come out even though I parked it in what little shade I could find (shade covered about 1/2 the bike) with brake on:

MJZ

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #678 on: July 29, 2008, 03:10:09 PM »

w/ running lights on:

MJZ

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #679 on: July 29, 2008, 03:12:24 PM »

right turn signal on:

MJZ

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #680 on: July 29, 2008, 03:13:03 PM »

Lights off:

MJZ

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #681 on: July 29, 2008, 03:13:35 PM »

;D ;D ;D

Made you look!

currybob

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #682 on: July 29, 2008, 03:19:52 PM »

That was funny--Made you look-- Good one!
Bob

Bob  2008 CVO Road King- 105th.
Wife has 2005 Blue & White Deluxe.
Photos Link http://community.webshots.com/user/currybob

MikeD

« Reply #683 on: July 29, 2008, 03:37:52 PM »

Hah! Very Funny MJZ!  Looks good, hows the ride?

MJZ

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #684 on: July 29, 2008, 03:50:02 PM »

My impressions of the bikes, keep in mind these demo rides are led by a RC that keep the bikes bunched up going less than 40mph on a short 2 or 3 mile loop around the dealership. After the first ride, I volunteered to sweep and fell way back to at least try to test the bikes.
First ride, SERG, tracked great and rode real smooooooooth. The cheesy crap rear shocks are still just that, would have helped to pump them up with my fat arse on them but since I've not been on the stock rear shocks in at least 3 years, it was easy to remember why I threw them out. This bike screamed for a couple of things; HEAT SHIELDS!!!!, it damned near blistered the backs of my legs right where the the seat hit my legs. SERT and pipes are a must, had to keep looking at the tach because I could not hear the engine at all. Also on my second trip I followed the SERG and it really needs the saddlebag lid spoiler lights, badly. Or better yet the European model with the center tail light, might take away from the looks but there ain't enough light back there to keep your butt from being run over. Handling was quick, cornered like a dream and I was very impressed with the brakes, being I am used to the Hawg Halters, these brembos are as good if not better. Even with the mushiness of the ABS, they were still very impressive to me. I'd give it a B

I'll skip the Cross Bones, fun but a day or 2 a year would be all I would get it out to play with. D

SEFB, it was a fantastic little light feeling rocket. It was a blast and I highly suggest you take a ride on one. Again, very impressed with the brakes and handling. I really got to test that little toy out. Had power to spare even with no SERT or decent pipes. But it is just that, a toy that is a blast to ride and  it looks as good as it rides. IMHO A+ (for a third bike only to use as a bar hopper)

Now we come to the bike nobody liked yesterday and I was not even going to ride it but they asked if I would go one more time and sweep. So I got on the SEUC, chit! Sure wish I hadn't done that, I loved it, didn't seem as hot as the SERG and rode like a dream, throttle response was damn close to the SE Fat Bob even with all the extra pounds. I was all set to hate this barge and I was shocked. All it needs is better rear shocks, Traction Dynamics on the front are a must on this bike, tried a couple of hard stops and the front damn near dug a hole, must dip at least 4 to 5 " and felt like mush. I can't imagine how bouncy it would be on long sweeps with a dip, it would bounce you into space. Yes it defiantly need a SERT, pipes and AIR! I think the A/C on the SERG would be a must have on this SEUC. IMHO I have to give this bike a A+, I really loved it, which shocked me as I didn't even want to bother to ride it.
Chip, your going to love it. It is a fine SE.

That's about it, they are going to be here all week so if anybody needs any other information or more pictures of something, just let me know.

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
  • Go fast or go home! EBCM member # 2.36 .01%
    • CVO2: 2011.5 SEUC
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG
« Reply #685 on: July 29, 2008, 03:58:00 PM »

My impressions of the bikes, keep in mind these demo rides are led by a RC that keep the bikes bunched up going less than 40mph on a short 2 or 3 mile loop around the dealership. After the first ride, I volunteered to sweep and fell way back to at least try to test the bikes.
First ride, SERG, tracked great and rode real smooooooooth. The cheesy crap rear shocks are still just that, would have helped to pump them up with my fat arse on them but since I've not been on the stock rear shocks in at least 3 years, it was easy to remember why I threw them out. This bike screamed for a couple of things; HEAT SHIELDS!!!!, it damned near blistered the backs of my legs right where the the seat hit my legs. SERT and pipes are a must, had to keep looking at the tach because I could not hear the engine at all. Also on my second trip I followed the SERG and it really needs the saddlebag lid spoiler lights, badly. Or better yet the European model with the center tail light, might take away from the looks but there ain't enough light back there to keep your butt from being run over. Handling was quick, cornered like a dream and I was very impressed with the brakes, being I am used to the Hawg Halters, these brembos are as good if not better. Even with the mushiness of the ABS, they were still very impressive to me. I'd give it a B

I'll skip the Cross Bones, fun but a day or 2 a year would be all I would get it out to play with. D

SEFB, it was a fantastic little light feeling rocket. It was a blast and I highly suggest you take a ride on one. Again, very impressed with the brakes and handling. I really got to test that little toy out. Had power to spare even with no SERT or decent pipes. But it is just that, a toy that is a blast to ride and  it looks as good as it rides. IMHO A+ (for a third bike only to use as a bar hopper)

Now we come to the bike nobody liked yesterday and I was not even going to ride it but they asked if I would go one more time and sweep. So I got on the SEUC, chit! Sure wish I hadn't done that, I loved it, didn't seem as hot as the SERG and rode like a dream, throttle response was damn close to the SE Fat Bob even with all the extra pounds. I was all set to hate this barge and I was shocked. All it needs is better rear shocks, Traction Dynamics on the front are a must on this bike, tried a couple of hard stops and the front damn near dug a hole, must dip at least 4 to 5 " and felt like mush. I can't imagine how bouncy it would be on long sweeps with a dip, it would bounce you into space. Yes it defiantly need a SERT, pipes and AIR! I think the A/C on the SERG would be a must have on this SEUC. IMHO I have to give this bike a A+, I really loved it, which shocked me as I didn't even want to bother to ride it.
Chip, your going to love it. It is a fine SE.

That's about it, they are going to be here all week so if anybody needs any other information or more pictures of something, just let me know.

Thank You Mark!

I posted this yesterday,

Checked the 09 catalog for the SERG3 open air breather, , , not there!

A 2 into 1 should be fine, , , Hanging from the ceiling right now!

SERT

That's what mine will get right away!

I like that SERG3 breather, but then again I have a "Big Sucker" on the shelf waiting.

Glad the ride went well Mark. I don't see an issue with the engine any more than what's required of an EPA stiffled motor. Appreciate your report and maybe soon I can do one also!

SBB

2012      SERG  "Nu Blue"
2018      Goldwing   
2003      HD Electra Glide Classic Silver and Black, of course!                
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans
2018      Shelby GT350, 963 crank hp, 825 rear wheel hp

MikeD

« Reply #686 on: July 29, 2008, 04:08:10 PM »

Great report MJZ! Thanks for the info.  Although, I'm somewhat worried about the heat you mentioned on the SERG.  Hopefully, royal purple, sert, and pipes will handle that.

MJZ

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #687 on: July 29, 2008, 04:10:13 PM »

I'd pretty much decided to wait on the 2010 SERG yesterday and wait on the SERG with all the goodies, just like 2000 vrs the 2001 SERG. Then probably get  nothing now or maybe get the 09 SE Fat Bob in Sunrise yellow Pearl to match my nana. Now that I rode the SEUC, I'm totally confused, ain't going to part with my nana and didn't find anything I liked better than Elvis but that SE Ultra was so schweeeeeet. I gotta rethunk this whole thing now.

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
  • Go fast or go home! EBCM member # 2.36 .01%
    • CVO2: 2011.5 SEUC
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG
« Reply #688 on: July 29, 2008, 04:16:14 PM »

I'd pretty much decided to wait on the 2010 SERG yesterday and wait on the SERG with all the goodies, just like 2000 vrs the 2001 SERG. Then probably get  nothing now or maybe get the 09 SE Fat Bob in Sunrise yellow Pearl to match my nana. Now that I rode the SEUC, I'm totally confused, ain't going to part with my nana and didn't find anything I liked better than Elvis but that SE Ultra was so schweeeeeet. I gotta rethunk this whole thing now.

Mark

Switching from the SERG3 to the SEUC4 had nothing to do with getting a cb.
I can only assume this will be the last year of the SEUC so maybe they saved the best for last.
Only time will tell!

:2vrolijk_21:

2012      SERG  "Nu Blue"
2018      Goldwing   
2003      HD Electra Glide Classic Silver and Black, of course!                
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans
2018      Shelby GT350, 963 crank hp, 825 rear wheel hp

MJZ

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #689 on: July 29, 2008, 04:24:26 PM »

Great report MJZ! Thanks for the info.  Although, I'm somewhat worried about the heat you mentioned on the SERG.  Hopefully, royal purple, sert, and pipes will handle that.

Plus remember Mike, this was the worst possible conditions to ride in, Memphis in humid late July is akin to HELL and we were sitting on a 125 degree asphalt parking lot with the bikes getting run continuously without a break and never seeing a hint of shade, plus everyone was twisting the throttle hard and braking hard to test them out. Under those conditions my nana and Elvis would be hot a heck.
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 49

Page created in 0.19 seconds with 25 queries.