Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6  All

Author Topic: need help with financing  (Read 7737 times)

twincam

Re: need help with financing
« Reply #45 on: July 02, 2008, 08:52:01 PM »

(greaseball from up North)   Northern South Carolina???   :nixweiss:   :huepfenlol2: 

what I would do is contact Wells Fargo  Good advice...   ;)

THANKS sadunbar

hard10

• Emperor of the Imperial Grand Masters of Sarcasm
  • 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM # 6 1/157.48

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE²
« Reply #46 on: July 02, 2008, 09:13:08 PM »

That is kinda funny coming from an Ex-NY (hard10). ;D

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:

Yes fired00d I am an Ex-NYer and proud of it. I am also very happy that I was smart wise fortunate enough to now live in SC. Don't know that will last forever but I'm happy here now and that's all that matters. However it's guys like the greaseball that give all NYer's, and used car salesmen for that matter, a bad name.

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • CVO2: 2005 FLHTCSE
    • CVO3: 2002 FXDWG3
« Reply #47 on: July 02, 2008, 09:29:42 PM »

I just got turned down for a target charge card---AK

No chit AK, join the club.  Their formula must be somethin'.  I got TD'd back in the 90's.

Too funny I figured since my credit lines at the time were ove $5m.

I didn't buy the POS I had on the counter either.  If they had never offered the 10% discount for getting a card I would have made the purchase and been down the road.  Instead I bought it elsewhere.

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #48 on: July 02, 2008, 09:33:25 PM »

Randy, any credit unions down your way, they are often a better source in these situations than a bank if you can qualify as a member.

We do a lot of secondary finance through them in Washington.

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #49 on: July 02, 2008, 09:35:51 PM »

No chit AK, join the club.  Their formula must be somethin'.  I got TD'd back in the 90's.

Too funny I figured since my credit lines at the time were over $5m.

I didn't buy the POS I had on the counter either.  If they had never offered the 10% discount for getting a card I would have made the purchase and been down the road.  Instead I bought it elsewhere.

I've heard tell that people with perfect credit scores and no card balances get turned down due to their actually costing the store money in carrying the charge for 30 days with no interest if paid when the bill comes in. This is why American Express charges the stores that accept their card 3% and why a lot of stores don't accept AMEX. Target is figuring you guys will buy from them whether they give you a CC or not, so why carry you for 30 days.  

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

B B

PS
          Roger. I'll bet you accept Master Card and Visa for deposits on vehicles but not AMEX - - - correct ?

twincam

« Reply #50 on: July 02, 2008, 09:38:38 PM »

Randy, any credit unions down your way, they are often a better source in these situations than a bank if you can qualify as a member.

We do a lot of secondary finance through them in Washington.

thanks Rjob,

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #51 on: July 02, 2008, 09:40:08 PM »

I've heard tell that people with perfect credit scores and no card balances get turned down due to their actually costing the store money in carrying the charge for 30 days with no interest if paid when the bill comes in. This is why American Express charges the stores that accept their card 3% and why a lot of stores don't accept AMEX. Target is figuring you guys will buy from them whether they give you a CC or not, so why carry you for 30 days.  

B B

PS
          Roger. I'll bet you accept Master Card and Visa for deposits on vehicles but not AMEX - - - correct ?

BB, I think you are correct in that scenario on Target.

We limit cards to $3,000.00 on purchases for cars, but we take all of them including AMEX.

The purpose for the limit in today's dollars is a $30,000.00 purchse would have ~$540.00 in fee and we often haven't made that on the stupid sale.

WFP

• WoeFully Pathetic!
  • 5k CVO Member
  • 2008 Maggie Valley GTG

• CVO1: WFP-2003 FXSTDSE
    • CVO2: WFP2-2014 FLHTKSE
« Reply #52 on: July 02, 2008, 09:41:06 PM »

I do this and am considered a deadbeat by the cc company...since they refund me someof this fee that I have already paid and they don't get any interest from me....I should see about $1500 from AMEX in early July...just don't tell Anne!

B B

PS
Finally have ridden a Harley in all 50 US States!

Canadian Provinces NOT travelled in or through by Motorcycle (YET!!!):

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #53 on: July 02, 2008, 09:43:24 PM »

I do this and am considered a deadbeat by the cc company...since they refund me someof this fee that I have already paid and they don't get any interest from me....I should see about $1500 from AMEX in early July...just don't tell Anne!

I do the same but as mentioned previously, a lot of places don't accept AMEX. Since I 86'd San Diego H-D, I've been buying stuff from Sweetwater H-D and they won't accept my AMEX. They are costing me $$$ on my rebate

B B

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #54 on: July 02, 2008, 09:43:59 PM »

Not to mention that AMEX charges the cardholder for the privelage of having it in many cases.

Platinum AMEX $300.00........................... :nixweiss:

WFP

• WoeFully Pathetic!
  • 5k CVO Member
  • 2008 Maggie Valley GTG

• CVO1: WFP-2003 FXSTDSE
    • CVO2: WFP2-2014 FLHTKSE
« Reply #55 on: July 02, 2008, 09:52:35 PM »

Free for the AMEX Cash Rebate revolving credit card  ;D

Not to mention that AMEX charges the cardholder for the privelage of having it in many cases.

Finally have ridden a Harley in all 50 US States!

Canadian Provinces NOT travelled in or through by Motorcycle (YET!!!):

Georgehjr

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLTRUSE CVO™ Road Glide® Ultra-Rio Red/Black/ Ember-Triked Out
    • CVO2: 2008 FLHTCUSE3 Screamin' Eagle Ultra Classic #1408/Triked Out
    • CVO3: 2010 FLHXSE TEQUILA SUNRISE/Not A CVO-2002 Heritage Softail---
« Reply #56 on: July 02, 2008, 09:53:53 PM »

My dealer or "Stealer" asked for my Master Card when I bought the bike to hold it, nonrefundable, as I found it over the net, and paid MRSP plus,

So I went to pick it up, I handed them my card and told him to put the balance on the card, after checking with everyone, and somewhat arguing about it ,they took it for the full amt.

This month I got my nice rebate back to help pay for the bike.
The one with the most Toys , WINS !!!

SirMichael

• Senior CVO Member
  • Non Riding for the moment!!
« Reply #57 on: July 02, 2008, 09:58:26 PM »

:jack:
seriously , people I stand to lose almost 30 grand here, because of disgruntle ex, I am sure lot of you have been through something like this. yea I know, it my own dam fault, just thought someone out there could help. You know making $8400 off a investment of $25000 in 4 1/2 years is not bad money.
Randy
My wife owns her own business developing & selling educational print products & CD's, she has been doing good with it for the last two years, so we decided that it was time for her to go bigger, so we looked into a business loan or an investor for $50,000.00 and we offered 12% a year for 3-5 years depending on how long the investor wanted and we could not get anyone to want to be involved!! That is $6,000.00 a year, so that would be $18,000.00-$30,000.00 in interest depending on the term!!

Now that is a pretty good investment, but we could not get anyone to be interested!! :confused5:  :confused5:

Because of the economy now, noone seems to want to do anything now, I guess!! :nixweiss:

MIKE

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #58 on: July 02, 2008, 10:00:45 PM »

I've been offered everything but a Black. Don't see the point in it. My plain Jane green one is fine.

B B

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #59 on: July 02, 2008, 10:02:47 PM »

My wife owns her own business developing & selling educational print products & CD's, she has been doing good with it for the last two years, so we decided that it was time for her to go bigger, so we looked into a business loan or an investor for $50,000.00 and we offered 12% a year for 3-5 years depending on how long the investor wanted and we could not get anyone to want to be involved!! That is $6,000.00 a year, so that would be $18,000.00-$30,000.00 in interest depending on the term!!

Now that is a pretty good investment, but we could not get anyone to be interested!! :confused5:  :confused5:

Because of the economy now, noone seems to want to do anything now, I guess!! :nixweiss:

MIKE

Regular banks have the FEDS on their collective asses all the time now.  Many of them are in jeopardy of being out of the equity/asset requirement set on them.

Also, loan officers have to justify every loan made to the duperior and chit flows uphill nowadays at the bank.  No mgr is taking any risk of a bad decision regardless of profit potential.  We are back to you can only borrow if you already have the money and then you wouldn't be standing there looking for a loan anyway.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6  All

Page created in 0.194 seconds with 24 queries.