Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6  All

Author Topic: Don't Be Alamed Because I'm Not Here!  (Read 5069 times)

LRebel

• 2.5K CVO Member
Re: Don't Be Alamed Because I'm Not Here!
« Reply #15 on: July 05, 2008, 10:42:04 AM »

Howie,

Congrats on the new JOB.

Maybe while your computer is down I will be able to catch up with you on post count ;) :D

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
« Reply #16 on: July 05, 2008, 10:46:18 AM »

Howie,

Wondered if you were on Hiatus?

Glad to here you aren't, Hiatus gets crowded during summer vacation time, and starts to smell kinda bad.   ;D

Post when ya can, always enjoy your take on stuff, and best of luck on the new job!

:2vrolijk_21:
"I had the right to remain silent, but I didn't have the ability." ~ RW

Sean M Cary

« Reply #17 on: July 05, 2008, 10:47:20 AM »

Howie,

Wondered if you were on Hiatus?

:2vrolijk_21:

Is that near the Dominican Republic?

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #18 on: July 05, 2008, 10:55:00 AM »

Thanks a lot Gang! :2vrolijk_21:

Ya'll know I'll do what I can. I went thru withdrawal last week being off the site each day. Then my computer's HD died and was looking to no evening/weekend access either. :nixweiss:

I have this 10 YO laptop to play with but it's not in good shape. I'd go nuts using this thing. Only 1 USB port, so it's either mouse or keyboard. And no port for my monitor. Oh how spoiled we have gotten these days! ;D ;)

Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

VAZHOG

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #19 on: July 05, 2008, 11:59:11 AM »

Hey Gang, started the new job on Mon. I'm very excited to be there! But that basically cuts out my weekday daytime posting. Then you'll be happy to know that my personal computer's HD crashed yesterday. I just borrowed a laptop for the weekend to catch up a little, and let ya'll know not to be concerned that you don't see me online. My time will be much more limited here as it is. But til I get a new computer, you won't see much of me at all. So enjoy your Hoist hiatus while it lasts! ;)

Hoist! 8)

That's what you get for talking about that has never happened to you :) Your only as good as your last backup. AT least your 1500 + pictures are safe on your SD card and my copies here :)

Hope your new job works out well.

outrider

• yet another reclusive recalcitrant pundit
  • Junior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010 FLHP
« Reply #20 on: July 05, 2008, 01:52:17 PM »

Ya'll know I'll do what I can. I went thru withdrawal last week being off the site each day. Then my computer's HD died and was looking to no evening/weekend access either. :nixweiss:

I have this 10 YO laptop to play with but it's not in good shape. I'd go nuts using this thing. Only 1 USB port, so it's either mouse or keyboard. And no port for my monitor. Oh how spoiled we have gotten these days! ;D ;)

Hoist! 8)
Heh, heh heh...finally! my chance to catch and surpass the mighty Hoist in posts...I figure...if things remain the way they are now (me at my present rate of posts and Howie completely inactive) I should catch him in oh about 220 years...give or take a decade  ;)
Let the lamp affix its beam, the only emperor is the emperor of ice cream.

vagabond6542

« Reply #21 on: July 05, 2008, 02:35:18 PM »

Hoist! 8)

Hey, Congrats on the new job. Keep your posting coming, you add to this forum. :2vrolijk_21:

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
« Reply #22 on: July 06, 2008, 09:30:57 AM »

Is that near the Dominican Republic?

Yeah.  Christopher Columbus changed his month old underwear there & the smell has lingered ever since....
"I had the right to remain silent, but I didn't have the ability." ~ RW

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #23 on: November 11, 2009, 01:25:59 PM »

This economy sucks and has affected my business drastically here in NYC too. Those in the know have seen me try 3 jobs since I first started this thread. Now I'm interviewing for another, as this last one sucks just as bad as the one I first left and the 2 directly after that. WTF?!!! I'm very good at what I do, but the economy has drastically changed my industry, and I'm having trouble being happy at it anymore. :nixweiss:

I got a call from a very good customer that I've known since 1983. They've done some restructuring and are looking for a high level guy with my experience. I'm meeting them in a couple of hours to discuss going to work for them. So wish me luck. Hopefully I can find something I can be relatively happy doing until I retire 5-10 years from now (at least that was the plan). I'd love to do it now and move down south. But that's not in the cards due to Binx's status up here. I'll let youze know how I do! Again, wish me luck! :2vrolijk_21: ;)

Hoist! :coolblue:

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #24 on: November 11, 2009, 01:29:39 PM »

This economy sucks and has affected my business drastically here in NYC too. Those in the know have seen me try 3 jobs since I first started this thread. Now I'm interviewing for another, as this last one sucks just as bad as the one I first left and the 2 directly after that. WTF?!!! I'm very good at what I do, but the economy has drastically changed my industry, and I'm having trouble being happy at it anymore. :nixweiss:

I got a call from a very good customer that I've known since 1983. They've done some restructuring and are looking for a high level guy with my experience. I'm meeting them in a couple of hours to discuss going to work for them. So wish me luck. Hopefully I can find something I can be relatively happy doing until I retire 5-10 years from now (at least that was the plan). I'd love to do it now and move down south. But that's not in the cards due to Binx's status up here. I'll let youze know how I do! Again, wish me luck! :2vrolijk_21: ;)

Good luck with the meet man.  Keeping my finger crossed :2vrolijk_21: .

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #25 on: November 11, 2009, 01:30:40 PM »

Good luck with the meet man.  Keeping my finger crossed :2vrolijk_21: .

Thanks a lot Scarecrow!!! :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21:

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #26 on: November 11, 2009, 01:36:05 PM »

Good luck, Howie! :2vrolijk_21:  Whether you go somewhere else or end up staying where you're at, I hope things work out for ya!

Buy early

• 5k CVO Member
  • My future if I were Benjamin Button

• CVO1: 2001 FXDWG2 Switchblade - The Beast
    • CVO2: 2004 FXSTDSE2 Deuce - Beauty
« Reply #27 on: November 11, 2009, 01:38:12 PM »

Don't believe in luck Howie and you don't need it. You're good enough to do the job. If they can't figure that out, it's their loss.

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #28 on: November 11, 2009, 01:42:07 PM »

Good luck, Howie! :2vrolijk_21:  Whether you go somewhere else or end up staying where you're at, I hope things work out for ya!

Thanks Brian! Can't understand why! I love what I do, am good at it, get paid decently, but aren't happy with the job anymore. The way these big Corp's have restructured has basically left my job as more of a commodity, than an engineering expertise, as it always had been. Of course the customers hate not having these experienced guys to count on. But the Corp's don't GAS about their customers anymore. It's all about bottom line and return to shareholder. We've seen this with HD too, and I've been saying this for the past few years. It's Corp America's mentality these days. The economy was just an excuse for them to get away with screwing both their customers AND their employees!!! >:( ;)

Hoist!

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #29 on: November 11, 2009, 01:44:26 PM »

Don't believe in luck Howie and you don't need it. You're good enough to do the job. If they can't figure that out, it's their loss.

HeHe!!! Thank you Mark! But the luck is that the job will offer the potential to be happy again, and the have the compensation be fair. I'm not worried about securing the job, just hoping that it'll be what I want it to be!!! Appreciate the kind words!!! :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6  All

Page created in 0.18 seconds with 24 queries.