Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Author Topic: What Works Well in a 95"  (Read 5525 times)

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
Re: What Works Well in a 95"
« Reply #30 on: July 06, 2008, 04:07:45 AM »

You have to ask yourself "where do you start and where do you stop?"

I have never bought into the whole cam tensioner issue. 

Thanks Springer.  All advice is worth studying.  Appreciate it very much.

And the cam tensioners are more of a crap shoot.  Within this group here we've seen some run 50k plus and fail.  Several something less than that.  And an unsettling number documented to have failed in the low 20s. 

I readily admit dropping them is a prophylactic repair.  A "just in case" because I simply choose not to trust them.  Combine that with the bike in question being a 2000 model with the cam bearing questions those still had it's just a case of choosing to do it rather than ever having to think about it more. 

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #31 on: July 07, 2008, 03:42:05 PM »

Jim?  What cams does your experience recommend for an otherwise stock 95"?

RobertinArgyle

• Junior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2001 FLTRSEI2
« Reply #32 on: July 07, 2008, 04:07:54 PM »

Great Thread!  Keep the info coming...

rednectum

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #33 on: July 08, 2008, 11:37:57 AM »

i have used big boyz heads in builds that i consider mild. for the average joe, that wants an inexpensive build that is trouble free and has tq to move around big trucks and climb steep grades, etc: i will call bean for headwork. andrews 26, 37 and woods 6 all work well and ALL my customers are very happy with their builds that had bean and springers work.

as one customer (107 build with 37 cams and big boyz heads) said "man, you can actually hear the air rushing through the motor!" you will have to imagine his houston texas accent.

i also dont push gears. but i do want to mention another option --------- consider changing to the new cam plate and 07 style oil pump. you will use the andrews N series cams (example, tw26N) and all other parts are HD.

now for other builds, i may bypass big boyz and go with a couple other shops. so im not kissin up, just giving an opinion.

notice the lack of jjokes concerning feet and dirt bikes?? :nixweiss:

Talon

• Life is like a jar of jalapenos, what you do today may get you in the a$$ tomorrow!
  • 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #34 on: July 08, 2008, 12:00:03 PM »

You might want to consider Cycle-Rama, they grind their own cams to fit their kits, they have a posted 95" on nightrider.com that's about 100/100 and the TQ comes on at very low RMP and stays at that 100 mark for a long time. I don't know anyone who has this setup, but have talked to people that have other builds from them and have been happy. I think Howie's current build came from them. I have posted the dyno sheet from the nightrider page several times. I'm talking to them right now about this build for my RK, getting set for this fall.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Page created in 0.121 seconds with 20 queries.