Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 27

Author Topic: Value of a 1999 FXR2  (Read 71507 times)

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
Re: Value of a 1999 FXR2
« Reply #330 on: August 07, 2008, 12:11:03 AM »

Like I told George...At some point and time;....NOW THE FUN BEGINS!!  ;D

That's why the folks here are most fortunate! :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21:

And I've decided to name her after her original owner, who took such good care of her while she was holding her for me the last 10 years! Her name is JOY, MY BLUE 3!!! :drink: :drink: :drink:

Thanks for taking care of Joy for me Joy!!! It brings me great joy!!! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #331 on: August 07, 2008, 12:38:27 AM »

Nice touch, naming the scoot after Joy.  ;) har!  spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

FXR2evo99

• Elite CVO Member
  • LET IT BREATHHHHEEEE BABY LET IT BREATHEEEE
« Reply #332 on: August 07, 2008, 02:35:39 AM »

Hoist,

WOW!!!!!! I just read the last what 2 pages here in this thread.......have you guys noticed that this forum has picked up like we are @ Laguna Seca....and we are all being whipped around the corners.....lol.....you are an AMAZING GUY HOIST!!!!!  I have to give you the THUMBS UP you see something and YOU GO FOR IT.....which is a GREAT TRAIT!!!   

:2vrolijk_21:

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's so awesome for you to have found such a beautiful bike!!!!!

I am looking forward to ALL of your input and participation here as a 1999 FXR3 Dark Candy Blue With Flames owner.....and I am just so excited for you as well as for George!!!!!!  This is absolutely AWESOME......I feel like this website/forum is FINALLY serving it's purpose by providing an outlet for us who have an interest in these bikes to share our thoughts and ideas and to be able to pass along our combined knowledge to others who might find an interest as well.  THIS IS THE BEST!!!!!! 

Now I have a question, where is Mike, I haven't seen him posting in the past few days....I hope all is ok....perhaps he is on vacation or out riding.....anyway......I have been missing his input!!!!!

103tHunDer...(Blaine) I believe....lol....I am glad you are going to do the R&D!!!  To answer your question....that's what I am saying no "dive" ask Mike he knows the type of riding I have available out here he's traveled the roads....bike handles great with our "canyons" here.....OK....that being said I AM REALLY excited to see, observe, learn, and listen, to Hoist's transformations.....because:
1) they are entertaining and then of course
2) he is so dedicated to the "detail" of getting something right
3) he is fanatical about what he does.....<~~~which I see as a positive
4) he is passionate
5) he is willing to do the R&D
6) he is willing to take the time to explain his reasoning and is always comfortable enough to allow another to make their own decision.
7) he is extremely funny

Blaine....creating the Blue 64 Registrey is also awesome....what a grand idea.....

I am also excited by something else....Reddog who posted over on the "history" side....with his FXR Twin Cam.....I am excited to see other's coming over to participate.....that's awesome too....

I really appreciate elvislee's effort to put out the information on the oem books as well.

Hoist and you are right the "profile" or the "stance" of the FXRS-SP Low Rider Sport Edition bikes do not look like "dirt bikes" they have a very "decent" presentation profile even though they have higher ground clearance.....as I said this is going to be fun watching this take on a life of it's own.....

AND who has a "specs" sheet specific to the FXR3?   I would love to see one.....it needs to be put on the FXR2's FXR3's FXR4's photo thread.....hopefully someone has one....

Hoist given that you acquired your bike from an original owner, did "Joy" have sale's literature for the bike? You probably have already checked with her.

George how are things progressing on your bike, been out on it some more......keep us all informed.....

Alrighty then.....

Regards,

Tim

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #333 on: August 07, 2008, 07:32:35 AM »

Hey Tim, I love waking up and reading your posts here. Makes me think as soon as I open up my eyes! ;D

Thanks so much for all the kind words. And yeap, I do have an "aggressive" approach to things I guess. You gotta be that way in NYC to be successful, so I guess it's just in me to be that way.

I to am excited to see the level of activity in this Section. Now I feel like I belong in this Section too. And it is a passion for me, and I love all aspects of working with the bikes. You can't fear R&D or you'll never try anything. I try to understand the mechanics and engineering of a product, then see how it can help improve performance. Trying something and failing is better than never trying anything at all. That's how we learn. And I enjoy sharing that information to help others learn thru my successes and failures. Always understand that most won't venture down an unknown road themselves.

Joy included everything she had. I'm told they are EXTREMELY organized people. I didn't specifically ask if she had any literature, as she assured me she was giving me everything she had. We've become friendly during this week. She's invited me out there to meet them. She's thrilled the bike's going to someone that truly appreciates what this bike is. So I'll see what she provided. It'll be a surprise now!

One minor correction (maybe not minor to these guys) ;D

103tHunDer is Brian and elvislee is Blaine. ??? ;D ;)

HeHe, Blaine beat me to it! :)

As usual, great reading Tim and I'm looking forward to help keeping this Section cooking again!!! :2vrolijk_21:

Hoist! 8)
« Last Edit: August 07, 2008, 07:34:17 AM by Hoist! »

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #334 on: August 07, 2008, 08:04:17 AM »

OK guys...Mike thought this one up and I have mentioned it at least twice...THE 1st ANNUAL CVO FXR RALLY has to be an event in the future...maybe next summer sometimes...Or, maybe with all the blue three's joining us on the board; maybe they are planning their own  :'(   :confused5:   :'(   >:(   :confused5:... ;D...Seriously guys; I think this was a great idea by Mike...Also Brian, GREAT idea with the BLUE 3 REGISTRY topic  :2vrolijk_21:

I agree, it was a great idea Blaine! 1st Annual? Maybe, maybe not. Would be nice. But a 10th Avniversary of this bike sure is a great reason. Wonder how many we'll get? Brian suggested elsewhere that we do it in NYC. If that's what ya'll want, I'd be happy to host it. :2vrolijk_21:

I would've tried to be there, even not owning one. Seems mandatory for me now. But this should be open to all Members, not just FXR's. Most here can appreciate that our little rockets are awesome CVO's too. (Even w/o a damn f....ng)! ;D ;D ;D

So youze guys think about where you want to do this, and put Joy, Binx and I in for it! :huepfenjump3: :huepfenjump3: :huepfenjump3:

Hoist! 8)

gflvette2

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 1999 FXR3 Blue
    • CVO2: 2005 FLHTCUI LAVA RED SUNGLO
    • CVO3: 1984 FLHX SHOVELHEAD Special Edition EG
« Reply #335 on: August 07, 2008, 08:15:19 AM »

Hoist, Guys, I have a question. When I replaace the front tire I was told they put in a liquid or jell to balance the tire. Is that the best and safest way to balance it?

Thanks, G.

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #336 on: August 07, 2008, 08:18:15 AM »

Hoist, Guys, I have a question. When I replaace the front tire I was told they put in a liquid or jell to balance the tire. Is that the best and safest way to balance it?

Thanks, G.

Never heard that one George. They use wheel weights like a car to balance a mag wheel. There are also "Beads" that can be installed for self balancing instead of weights. Some rave about the Dynabeads, some aren't crazy about it. But I never heard of gel for balancing. :nixweiss:

Hoist! 8)

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #337 on: August 07, 2008, 08:19:59 AM »

Never heard that one George. They use wheel weights like a car to balance a mag wheel. There are also "Beads" that can be installed for self balancing instead of weights. Some rave about the Dynabeads, some aren't crazy about it. But I never heard of gel for balancing. :nixweiss:

Hoist! 8)

And I WOULD NOT LET THEM DO IT, either! :o :o :o

gflvette2

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #338 on: August 07, 2008, 08:23:16 AM »

Yeah Hoist, thats what I've been told. Maybe it's a liquid and I misunderstood???? It's its suposto always keep the wheel balanced, Again, thats what I've been told. :nixweiss:

With All this copying and paste I've been doing   I'm starting to say copy and post, lol.

George

gflvette2

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #339 on: August 07, 2008, 08:26:06 AM »

OK Brian, Howie, guys, But they don't use a high speed balancer like on cars right. I havn't seen any anyway.  Howie, guys

gflvette2

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #340 on: August 07, 2008, 08:27:51 AM »

I think its called tire goop??

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #341 on: August 07, 2008, 08:28:27 AM »

OK Brian, Howie, guys, But they don't use a high speed balancer like on cars right. I havn't seen any anyway.  Howie, guys

There are both static and dynamic balancers for motorcycle tires, just like a car. But these balancers are made specifically for motorcycle tires. (or for our overseas friends, tyres)! ;D

Hoist! 8)

gflvette2

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #342 on: August 07, 2008, 08:34:27 AM »

So who has one around here?

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #343 on: August 07, 2008, 08:45:35 AM »

So who has one around here?

Vern! :2vrolijk_21:

Told ya about my buddy's shop in New Hyde Park, http://www.northshoremotorcycles.com/

Let me know if you want an intro there. There are places out east too. But I don't know them personally. There'salso you local HD dealers, my favorites!!! ::) ::) ::)

Hoist! 8)

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #344 on: August 07, 2008, 08:50:28 AM »

Ya know we discussed a little earlier that ALL were welcome from this forum...LET ALL ATTEND WHO wish to have fun...That's a wonderful and generous offer of hospitality by you, Binx, and uurrrrr, ummmmmm, oh yea JOY  ;D to welcome us all to the "BIG APPLE"..It would be great for me as having never been to NYC and having ALWAYS wanted to see my beloved YANKEES play  :) Lets see what happens...Maybe we can toss it around over the winter months and get some input from all the good folks here...like ya said...maybe it was meant ta be... :2vrolijk_21:

That's how we do itBlaine. We get yakking, then we get planning, the we get RIDING!!! :huepfenjump3: :huepfenjump3: :huepfenjump3: ;)

Like I said, I'd be happy to set it up. Not the best riding in the City itself. But it's also a MUST SEE place if you've never been here. We can try to arrange a Group Buy for Yankees tickets, travel and see the City by bike (there's nothing like seeing it that way and ridin thru the Lights of Broadway), and I can setup a tours of the Mountain in the upstate Catskills for our REAL ride. So we have options here. If it's a consideration, I'm good with putting something together! ;)

Hoist! 8)

Hoist! 8)

Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 27

Page created in 0.197 seconds with 24 queries.